The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaw bows?

cheshirekatt

First off I keep thinking saw bones haha.

Anyway, with the who Zaw weapon I thought "hey why not bows!" I mean their simple weapons that are pretty nasty to be shot with...and I happen to like them, so why not them?

We have the Limbs, the string, and heck even the arrow can be build up.

So you have the main bow, that could tell the stats, rate of fire damage, critical chance and all that. then the arrow it self is critical damage and damage type, slash, impact, puncture stuff like that.

As well as specials, like do they have an elemental effect, granted explosive and toxin would be easier to understand, but what would arrows that on hit create a fog that stuns enemies to be opened to increased damage and or increased crit chance and open to finishers. Or would it split into smaller arrows and pepper the land with bolts? Or the arrow ignites in the air based on how how fast it flew setting the target on fire. Electricity and cold....would be hard to fully explain.

So base idea for craftable bows!

Speaking of bows I thought of an awesome Grineer bow.

I was thinking about the Lenz and thought "hmm how would the Grineer do it?"

PRESENTING

Junker

The story behind the bow is simple. Grineer tech is all about recycling broken down parts, melting them down and all that. Well not every part can be reused, so they made....Junker!

How it works, is simple, it does not take normal arrow rounds, instead of has a built in arrow mutation. The thing is it cannot fire till its ammo pouch is full, and it has 100 rounds of ammo in it, that can be modified of course with mods.

Now even with a large ammo pouch, it can only be fired 4 times before you need to get more ammo, each shot fires 25 units of what ever you collected. This sadly is not a long ranged bow, its medium. Once the arrow impacts the area it will detonate with blast and slash damage. Yes its a shrapnel launcher.

And now we have the infested bow, and no not the infested Cernos.

Feast

A genetically altered bow that fires out young parasites. If the Parasite strikes the ground or a non living creature, like a robot it will do toxic damage in a cloud around the impact. If it strikes a living target, well...

The parasite grows and will do corrosive damage to the target while it EATS it, then in its hunger will impale near by living creatures, doing penetration damage, spreading itself into the other targets, those will do similar till it can no longer grab on to anything. In its unending hunger it will eat the victims till it cannot any more, then explode in a disease cloud. If the victims die during the feasting it will contribute to the explosion.

The bow itself is like a creature, and it does not require ammo, nope. It gains new charges either over time, or faster after it a host is shot.