The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, about the Teralyst...

(XBOX)JACK BURT0N LSG

I am sorry, this is just a simple case of git gud.

You clearly don't know how to fight it, so why not just look up a guide instead of coming here to complain because you can't figure it out on your own??????

Just because YOU don't know what you are doing, doesn't mean DE have done anything wrong or the Codex is wrong. 

You say you use Radiation and Puncture. Ok. Have you tried actually shooting the big obvious weak points? Because if you did and you still hit 0 damage, you are lying. Point blank, don't even try to defend that against PC players who had over a month to farm this boss. Critical, puncture, and radiation are the biggest weakness for the teralyst, and you need an extraordinarily large amount of it to do significant damage without using some cheese builds. Bring your absolute best puncture loadout you have, if you have good Rivens, use them. If you have a 4+ forma weapon, use it.

Opticor is the most damaging weapon to the teralyst, but even this weapon will tickle the boss if it is not modded correctly. Most weapons with 1 or 2 forma and mediocre/average builds on them will preform fairly bad against the teralyst. Slash/Impact damage does literally nothing to this boss, status does literally nothing to this boss. If you don't use puncture/radiation based damage, you may as well go home.  Bringing warframes that buff your damage (Rhino as an easy example, everyone has a Rhino) will significantly increase your damage output. You would know this if you actually watched/read a guide or even just read the wiki page.

You remove it's shield via operator mode, it really is that simple. What else do you want people to tell you? There are plenty of guides that show you how to build your operator to take down the teralyst shields very quickly.

I have farmed this thing plenty of times with no issue at all, and I don't use any cheesy builds I fight it fairly. I always play with randoms, and I always end up with 50% damage or more at the end of the fight (unless someone was using a cheese build). 

Edited by Fleija

The worst problem of the Teralyst is how bad the hitbox is. I don't even understand how it works, I take my Hek with 300% multishot to it, direct hit straight to the knee joint with all pellets, more than half of the numbers that pop out are 0s and the rest are heavily reduced. Same happens even if i use a precision weapon with multishot, I tried with a vaykor marelok, shoot the joint, one number is damage the other is a 0 despite both shots hitting the exact same spot. Even the Plasmor is a dice roll whether the hit counts or not despite clearly hitting the joint, and yes the shield was down. This is what leads to the extreme funneling towards sniper weapons like Vectis P or Opticor, simply because ultra high damage single shot weapons are the ONLY viable weapons against it. If DE just made the joint hitboxes more lenient that'd fix half of the loadout diversity problems with Teralysts, since you can actually REGISTER A @(*()$ HIT with something that's not a sniper.

don't use weapons like shotguns, the spread and even punch through can make them register as hitting the invulnerable bits. reminds me a bit of the J3 golem's butt when shot at straight from behind with the fluctus. I can't explain why it happens. just don't use anything with anything resembling AoE potential. and maybe try to shoot from angles where the line of attack doesn't pass through the main body.

the stupid, slow, buggy lures is the worst part of the fight.  the hitbox on the joints is very bad as well.  im glad im done with the quills grind and got the arcanes i wanted, unless you get in a GG group the fight is just frustrating and not worth the time.  If megalyst is the same (and from the video i saw it looks very similar) i probably wont bother with it

Lol the sweaty elites have arrived

- "I'm not the 1%" until those achievements break 1% completion on a given platform, you're technically the 1% (or less)

- "Git Gud Brah" - Sage advice, good to know where all those Destiny players ended up

- "Do the math" - This isn't WoW so... NO. And shotgun pellets shouldn't have spread at point blank range. And should register something besides zeros.

- Everyone saying you can do it with any frame and weapon and then immediately listing which weapons frames and builds to bring. Lol

Thank you all for your feedback, especially the PC elitists (you guys and gals are always a fun time). I feel pretty confident at this point that if DE continues to make content like this that only a small handful of players will bother with, then my already limited time and money for gaming is probably better spent elsewhere. Thanks again :)

On 11/22/2017 at 10:02 PM, Madotsuki said:

The worst problem of the Teralyst is how bad the hitbox is. I don't even understand how it works, I take my Hek with 300% multishot to it, direct hit straight to the knee joint with all pellets, more than half of the numbers that pop out are 0s and the rest are heavily reduced. Same happens even if i use a precision weapon with multishot, I tried with a vaykor marelok, shoot the joint, one number is damage the other is a 0 despite both shots hitting the exact same spot. Even the Plasmor is a dice roll whether the hit counts or not despite clearly hitting the joint, and yes the shield was down. This is what leads to the extreme funneling towards sniper weapons like Vectis P or Opticor, simply because ultra high damage single shot weapons are the ONLY viable weapons against it. If DE just made the joint hitboxes more lenient that'd fix half of the loadout diversity problems with Teralysts, since you can actually REGISTER A @(*()$ HIT with something that's not a sniper.

I have the same problem. Some of the excuses these people have offered on this thread are... entertaining.

Vectis P isn't much better. The hit boxes are trash honestly but I'm pretty much done with the Quills and the Teralyst at this point anyways.

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

I have the same problem. Some of the excuses these people have offered on this thread are... entertaining.

Vectis P isn't much better. The hit boxes are trash honestly but I'm pretty much done with the Quills and the Teralyst at this point anyways.

Yeah, the hit boxes for the weak points are horrid and the shape of the hit boxes have almost zero relation to the visible joint. 

Edited by LazyKnight

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

"Git Gud Brah" - Sage advice, good to know where all those Destiny players ended up

you have been given all tools to "git gud brah". but you rather fail the eidolon so you can bash the imaginary 1% instead :shocked:

I have now done captures with single digit MRs, partially first timers, both carrying and supporting, with results that ended in a bunch of shards and a bunch of experience for them. you can totally half &#! the fight, but even pretending its "1% content" is just plain silly. unless my divine presence empowered those people to succeed. yeah, that must be it. I am just that much better than everyone else... I bow to your accusation, now praise my Glory!

I'd agree that the codex entry should be changed in regards to the shields, since it very clearly uses a special shield property and should not display the weaknesses of real ones. Radiation against its armor and health type however is working fine as far as I am aware.

I want to point out that, generally speaking, you should probably be careful about using achievement percentages as benchmarks of anything, with a free game especially. If you went by steam achievements, only about 2.1% of people have completed all three sorties, sure. And also only about 37% of people even hit MR 1. MR 5, which is currently the minimum MR you could have to even access sorties, only has a 13.2% achievement rate. The percentages are low because the majority of people quit the game way before even reaching that sort of content.

Teralyst's hitboxes are certainly weird, and I feel like I've seen more than one person claiming to have disproportionately poor seeming results out of their shotguns, even when radiation-modded accordingly. I think he is also very poorly implemented as the primary means of progressing beyond the mote amp, when the mote amp itself is so horribly ineffective against him and following options skyrocket in their effectiveness. But he's really not any kind of unbeatable wall... though he'll certainly feel like one if you're stuck trying to solo him with the mote amp and not able to try cheesing it with the very few options that can try to help (mainly adarza kavats and firing through volt shields, as far as I'm aware.)

On 11/24/2017 at 3:37 PM, Rawbeard said:

you have been given all tools to "git gud brah". but you rather fail the eidolon so you can bash the imaginary 1% instead :shocked:

I have now done captures with single digit MRs, partially first timers, both carrying and supporting, with results that ended in a bunch of shards and a bunch of experience for them. you can totally half &#! the fight, but even pretending its "1% content" is just plain silly. unless my divine presence empowered those people to succeed. yeah, that must be it. I am just that much better than everyone else... I bow to your accusation, now praise my Glory!

You certainly are concerned with getting my attention for someone who is supposedly so sure of themselves. You like what DE is doing? Great! Support them all you want. I'm done. Have fun not being the 1% but being somehow triggered by the suggestion of it.

lol

Edited by (XB1)JACK BURT0N LSG

On 11/24/2017 at 4:28 PM, OvisCaedo said:

But he's really not any kind of unbeatable wall... though he'll certainly feel like one if you're stuck trying to solo him with the mote amp and not able to try cheesing it with the very few options that can try to help (mainly adarza kavats and firing through volt shields, as far as I'm aware.)

That was kind of my point about being funneled into the meta frames and weapons and why that type of... "gameplay" was outside of Sorties/Trials