Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make archwing in edilon exclusive to the person who summons it.

(PSN)KyleBlack89

Yeah this needs to go.  I shelled out platinum for the stupid module, I don't like spending hours on end fishing to gather oil.  Quite frankly it's MY consumable, it should be used only by me.

If they're going to make it usable by other players, then there should be some sort of system where the game gives me 1/50 of the materials to craft more at the end of the mission (the equivalent of the cost it took me to build it) 1 Fish Oil, 1 Iridate and 1 Gorkdrul per every deployment stolen...  It's bad enough you get one shotted out of the sky left and right, costing you deployments, but now you also have players who GTA you because they're too cheap to use their own.

Worst thing is it's only ever been done to me by MR20+ players, people who should no damn well it's poor etiquette.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

10 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Yeah this needs to go.  I shelled out platinum for the stupid module, I don't like spending hours on end fishing to gather oil.  Quite frankly it's MY consumable, it should be used only by me.

If they're going to make it usable by other players, then there should be some sort of system where the game gives me 1/50 of the materials to craft more at the end of the mission (the equivalent of the cost it took me to build it) 1 Fish Oil, 1 Iridate and 1 Gorkdrul per every deployment stolen...  It's bad enough you get one shotted out of the sky left and right, costing you deployments, but now you also have players who GTA you because they're too cheap to use their own.

Worst thing is it's only ever been done to me by MR20+ players, people who should no damn well it's poor etiquette.

Its not hard to make, and MR rank means squat in this game. Its time played thats more important. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Its not hard to make, and MR rank means squat in this game. Its time played thats more important. 

I don't care if it's hard to make or not - it's MINE.  I paid 175p for the stupid segment to my landing craft, I expect to be able to use my charges without them being blatantly stolen by people who then go into chat and type "GTA" knowing full well what they've done.    

And yeah but anybody with MR20+ has sank sufficient enough time to know it's not cool to steal other people's things - especially when as you put it "it's not hard to make."  Maybe they should make their own???

An average Tier 5 bounty already consume 6 modules (assuming I don't get 1 shotted from the sky).  1 to reach each objective, and one for the way back to Cetus.  So quite frankly I don't need somebody else eating them up when the game does a good enough job of that on its own.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

3 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I don't care if it's hard to make or not - it's MINE.  I paid 175p for the stupid segment to my landing craft, I expect to be able to use my charges without them being blatantly stolen by people who then go into chat and type "GTA" knowing full well what they've done.    

And yeah but anybody with MR20+ has sank sufficient enough time to know it's not cool to steal other people's things - especially when as you put it "it's not hard to make."  Maybe they should make their own???

An average Tier 5 bounty already consume 6 modules (assuming I don't get 1 shotted from the sky).  1 to reach each objective, and one for the way back to Cetus.  So quite frankly I don't need somebody else eating them up when the game does a good enough job of that on its own.

I never use archwing... I didn't buy the segment, clan mate researched it. 3 days later, Boom! Archwing bliss. However, i have vertigo... So im staying on the ground. Wen u call down ur archwing... Do it away from ur allies, just run 100m in the opposite direction. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I never use archwing... I didn't buy the segment, clan mate researched it. 3 days later, Boom! Archwing bliss. However, i have vertigo... So im staying on the ground. Wen u call down ur archwing... Do it away from ur allies, just run 100m in the opposite direction. 

Again, just like my own topic - you're evading the problem instead of asking DE for a solution.  I'm not looking for a bandaid, I'm looking for a fix.  

Sorry you have had your archwing drops stolen from you. I'm sure it was annoying. I wouldn't mind it being more of a timer-related drop. So maybe a longer cooldown and only allow you to drop more if you're already in AW mode. That way you have your AW already and anyone willing to share can just drop more for people (like when I'm trying to teach someone how to fight the Eidolon and they're too lazy to youTube/google in 2017).

I too am kinda confused why anyone would have spent plat on the segment except for if they have plat to spare. There are so many other things that (in my opinion of course) are much more worth your platinum and that's not even considering cosmetics (though really that's the #1 choice since it's FashionFrame). As aged Tenno, I'd think complaining about what you spend plat on is a moot point when not only can you earn back that plat by trading, but the investment of buying that part outright was a loss all around. That plat would have been better spent rushing the segment build in the Foundry. It's your plat so continue.

Also since you're complaining on MR20+, do realize this is 4+ years into the game. That etiquette you're mentioning about higher MR Tenno doesn't really apply as much as it used to unfortunately. It was really something to be MR21/22/23 even a year or two ago just for team poise and deferring on missions as people actually realized you put effort into the game, ask you what you were using and would even ask for screenshots. Even during the beginning of my WF days I would really pay attention to who had high MR and how they played with me in missions. Today I see a lot more MR22/23s that are more about rushing than the actual game and mechanics. Along with the fact that MR only affects 2 major game factors (weapons and amount of standing per day available from anything with a standing), it doesn't surprise me. It should definitely play into more things like the higher the MR, the more focus privileges (like more focus per day to earn or simply gating having more than 3 schools unlocked on MR19/20).

I partly blame the culture (video gaming in general) for having the lack of interest in doing more than rushing to the goal and rushing to the end (like when an Ember kills everything before you can use your "whatever" to gain focus). Also you would think that being high MR would mean you can hold your own solo (and imo that's what it should mean in Warframe...with 16 mote amp, Zarr (with radiation) and Ash Prime I can solo an Eidolon but I don't think many can and most MR22+ I've hunted with have better amps than I do), that is not generally the case. Sure I die too just like anyone else but it's rare to have a cool MR23/24 that not only communicates appropriately (chat/text/waypoint/emotes) but is working with the team of randoms that I happened to join.

Edited by (PS4)InSaiyanOne

Here's a fix. Assuming DE won't eventually relent and just let Archwing be a one-time nonconsumable gear item (which is what they should do), if you take someone's archwing, it docks you an archwing charge. If you have no charges, it sends all the materials required to build charges to the summoning player.  If you don't have enough to make a set of charges, all your relevant materials go to the player who called the archwing down, and makes up the rest with your credits.

&#!, gas, or grass. Nobody flies for free. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

13 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Doesn't need a fix, i let clan mates use mine during missions. I like that aspect.

It does need a fix, it clearly is a problem for other people.  Just because you like it doesn't mean everybody does - I don't drop it to share it with randoms - other people have suggested a toggle for it to be shared or not - a clear and ideal fix for people like you and for people like me - quit following me around on the forums and S#&$posting on everything I say.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

11 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

u paid plat for the segment not the charges, and i did 1 run of fishing, and made 500 of the things... and i share them all the time 

ur problem is u spent plat on the segment

and u think the charges are the segment, and ur being silly

I don't think charges are the segment, I'm not $&*&*#(%&.  I bought the segment so I could make MYSELF charges.  Is it that hard to grasp? 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

1 hour ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

It does need a fix, it clearly is a problem for other people.  Just because you like it doesn't mean everybody does - I don't drop it to share it with randoms - other people have suggested a toggle for it to be shared or not - a clear and ideal fix for people like you and for people like me - quit following me around on the forums and S#&$posting on everything I say.  

Im not following you around, quit being a negative nelly.

3 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I don't think charges are the segment, I'm not $&*&*#(%&.  I bought the segment so I could make MYSELF charges.  Is it that hard to grasp? 

1 run of fishing, made me 400-500 charges....

what part of charges r easy to get, and u didnt spend plat on them dont u get lol]

yes u spent plat on something u could have built but ok 

next thing ur guna tell me is that dropping a pizza on the ground should only restore you because u made it and they didnt

ps: standing where the beacon is will make u automatically take the archwing when it lands....

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Why do you think it's okay to have to do even 1 run of fishing to have a flimsy glider to fly around in, though? Why do you accept that? 

I see your point, it is kinda flimsy. I can see them making it this way so you have more reason to use the mats from fishing...after you build whatever amps or whatnot you're aiming for. I'm doing bounties and still I'm pretty low on standing, maybe it's just the amount of bounties I'm doing plus I'm actually storing up on AW charges 200+ so I can just run without fishing for a while. Regardless I'm sure they'll do something about it as even if it doesn't happen often (never noticed/cared to notice), I still see them not liking how it can poison a random squad when people are stealing more than just kills (even as an Ash P. I still see Tenno shooting a Nidus ball when it's clear that it's being done for a reason on that frame).

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Why do you think it's okay to have to do even 1 run of fishing to have a flimsy glider to fly around in, though? Why do you accept that? 

the extra materials like oil are not evne used for anything

u have to fish to for cedus and quills if u want the stuff, meaning ul have the materials anyways

so your complaint is what again? that you don't like fishing at all?

Oh, for sure -- fishing and mining are not something I'll be doing; I already own games for that kind of thing -- if I wanted to do it, I'd be playing them.

But that's not the point of my question -- why, of all things, do they gate archwing behind silly minigames like fishing? I don't mind that they put quills and whatever behind it; I'm not interested in that stuff but for the people who are, knock yourselves out.

However, DE also requires participation in their Minecraft minigames just to travel around the plains a little faster, and that makes basically no sense. 

Here's the thing:  the formal activities on the plains are geared almost entirely toward farming for improvements to the Operator. I don't use the operator, so there's nothing interesting about the bounties, the quills, standing, the Eidolons, all that happy nonsense. On the other hand, the Plains are a big space where - if I didn't have to endure fishing - it would be kinda fun to fly around and shoot things and look at stuff.

This is an academic argument, though -- DE isn't going to change their minds on this (I have no idea why they made this decision, but they don't tend to reverse farming requirements once they're made). I might go to the Plains more if I could fly freely, but since that's unlikely to ever be the case, the Plains are just one of those nodes I don't visit.

On 11/25/2017 at 6:34 PM, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

1 run of fishing, made me 400-500 charges....

what part of charges r easy to get, and u didnt spend plat on them dont u get lol]

yes u spent plat on something u could have built but ok 

next thing ur guna tell me is that dropping a pizza on the ground should only restore you because u made it and they didnt

ps: standing where the beacon is will make u automatically take the archwing when it lands....

What part of "it's mine" don't YOU understand?

I don't like fishing personally, I'm low on oil because I don't sit there all day doing it.  

I don't care if they're "easy" to get - the fact remains it's MY resources, MY consumable and I didn't drop it for other people.  Arguing against that is pure stupidity.

And PS they can still jack it if you drop it on you... I've had my archwing stolen even when it drops on me because these vultures sit behind you and run at it as it lands.   They even follow you if you try to run 100m away because they're not stupid.  

Your crappy pizza analogy makes no sense because I'm not going to throw a pizza on the floor - a more correct analogy would be if I made myself a pizza and had it yanked from my hands before I could take a bite - and if they did, I would in fact call that STEALING.  

(And yeah I could have researched and built if I wanted to wait 5 days to use something I already own.  Regardless it's my investment and I did it for me, not so other people could steal my AW)

I'm assuming by how much you seem to love that this happens, that you're one of the people stealing other people's archwings or you just haven't experienced 10 times a day to understand why it's frustrating.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue