The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tired of everyone saying Cernos Prime is trash?? (Look no further!)

Dahx11

39 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe OP's point was that the Cernos Prime now has a build that overcomes its baseline weaknesses against high-level Armored targets and can now shred them, allowing the bow to be used more readily in high-level content

It could always do that.  I used it like that when it first came out.  The problem the Cernos Prime had and still does is what SortaRandom and I mentioned earlier:

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

the only real "drawback" of the weapon that OP's post didn't accurately portray was the gigantic spread of the weapon..

It has a spread that is the same width as Artemis Bow but without all the arrows to fill the gaps.  Which leads to missed shots with some of the arrows at range.  This leads to reduced damage as the total damage of the Bow is split evenly between all the arrows.  Which is 1/3 the total applied to three arrows not taking into account the 5 it would have with multishot mods.  So at range you are only doing about 1/3 your total damage to a target.  Full damage up closer.  like a shotgun sadly, but only in one plane instead of a cone shaped blast.

If you look back at the video you can see this.  When He first shot the Grineer at range only one arrow hit and the damage was small.  The damage only went up when he got closer for more of the arrows to hit the target.  Anyone who has used Ivara with Artemis Bow enough would recognize how this works.  Only the Cernos Prime can't change it's orientation to vertical to compensate for it.  

Basically one of the few frames that can get the most out of the Cernos Prime also is the main one that doesn't need it at all.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

OP, thank-you for the doing the work and sharing it with us. Ignore the shade. This thread is being populated with Tenno who never liked the Cernos Prime and are dedicated to remaining that way, despite the evidence against their opinions.

I genuinely appreciate that, and thank you too.

But as I said guys, let this go. Cernos Prime is still apparently a terrible weapon so we're wasting our time.

Hope you guys have a good morning/afternoon/night

5 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

You make it sound like "omg a room full of level 100 heavy gunners killed my vulnerable frame" is somehow exclusive to crappy weapons like the Cernos Prime.

I don't understand. Do you think that using a Dread instead will magically let you clear the room of gunners without a scratch or something?

Sure as hell would let them get a few kills before getting murked. Least more than Cernos Prime that is.

Edited by Tsardova

6 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

You make it sound like "omg a room full of level 100 heavy gunners killed my vulnerable frame" is somehow exclusive to crappy weapons like the Cernos Prime.

I don't understand. Do you think that using a Dread instead will magically let you clear the room of gunners without a scratch or something?

as a person that plays banshee, yeah. 

using the dread let's me immediately kill every single enemy that starts to assault me, starting with the closest threat (which is usually the most dangerous) moving up to the farthest.

I don't even think the munitions mod is even that great in that regard to bringing the weapon up to par, you're not immediately killing/shutting down attackers, so there's a fair chance they'll kill you before you kill them.

that gif that was posted of actual combat, looked really tense, the highest armour warframe in the game basically having their entire healthbar shredded and eating into a full primed flow quick thinking energy pool (some how not getting staggered which again, as a banshee player I'm kinda envious of whatever magic made you not QT-stagger lock).

and my personal issue with the bow still remains of "why use this when drakgoon both already does what this weapon does, but better and has safer and stronger single target".

9 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

yes, and true to DE nature, the next patch they un-did the change because they keep forking the timeline on game updates so certain fixes get reverted.

Odd unless it stealth rolled through QT doesnt stagger lock me like before. I even too a lvl 100 detron crewman spread shot as Limbo and was allowed to roll away as it drained my energy on shot 2 and 3. Ill retest this later.