Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Mod Rework

(XBOX)Nittymaster

After playing 6 days of POE I noticed mods like Animal Instinct, Enemy Radar, Stretch  worked quite well in the confines of Grineer galleons, Corpus ships, and other planet surfaces, but in POE not so much because of the vast open playing space of the plains.  For example Animal Instinct which has +18 enemy detection and +30 loot detection, but  in the plains that +18 (meters) enemy detection mind as well be +18 inches.  Attacks in POE come from well beyond visual range at times especially from enemy snipers and Tusk Mortar Bombards.  As far as the stretch mod goes I guess some people would argue to leave it alone so I won't harp on that too much.  Just my two cents for what its worth.        

I'd agree with this. I'd like to see their ranges scale up while in the Plains, maybe by a factor of 5 or something. Whatever it is, it's got to be enough to make them useful out there. Like you said, a good percentage of engagements in the plains occur well beyond the current range limit of these radar mods. Things like Loot Scavenger (think that's the name) with its roughly 40m limit work well in the tighter confines of the main game, where you're not going to miss too many things with that range if you're even moderately thorough. But in the Plains, if you're looking for loot, it's highly likely that you're going to be more than 40m from whatever you're looking for, and with the generally longer sightlines, there's a good chance that you'll have seen it by the time it shows up on the map anyway.

A good compromise would be to base their range on minimap coverage, rather than physical distance, with the potential to outgrow minimap and cover more range on full map. This would eliminate the need for range variables.

Edit: Radar mods, that is. Adjusting Power Range mods is probably not a good idea, I think. As long as you know where the enemy is, that should be enough to predict and counter.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

The enemy and loot radars are so weak when utilized in the plains, especially for wisp farming or even plant farming (nistlepod/maprico) when the plants happen to spawn in wooded areas. I did a test build with Loki prime for a wisp/resource hunter for plains and wen high on duration but also equipped thief's wit, loot detector, coaction drift(not 100% sure that synergy actually works) and animal instinct on my Helios prime (can't remember if all those mods stack between frame and companion, but I'm pretty sure at least the warframe ones do) then scoured the big map and found 2 resources right next to each other. I then waypointed one of them and slowly moved away until the non waypointed resource disappeared from minimal. Then inched forward until it reappeared. The distance on the marked resource was 156m. That setup does cover a pretty decent area around you, but at the cost of an aura mod, 2 potential exilus slot mods, and a companion mod. Very nice loot radar but at the cost of 4 mods 😔