Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Augment Mod Idea(s)

Xamerzan

I know the Design Council has already made and closed a Nidus augment mod ideas page, but I still wanted to post ideas around his abilities. For simplicity's sake, I'll only post one mod idea for now. Tell me what you guys think, and if you like what's here please upvote it! Also, feel free to post any comments, questions, or suggestions for other mod ideas for Nidus. =)

A Note to DE: If the developers of Warframe want to use these ideas, please feel free to take and use or change them as though they were your own! You have my fullest consent to claim this idea as yours! ^_^

Nidus Augment Mods

Epidemical Spread - Virulence Augment: When holding the ability key for Virulence, Nidus will charge a stronger slam causing Virulence to spread out from him in a radius equal to 20/30/40/50% of his maximum Range.

Insatiable Larva - Larva Augment: When an enemy is slain while in the larva, the larva will attempt to reach out and grab any nearby enemies into itself, adding 0.25 / 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 sec. up to it's maximum duration for each additional enemy drawn in.

Fettered Somnambulist - Parasitic Link Augment: Nidus can now command a linked enemy to walk to the location where his reticle is pointed at the time of re-cast (casting on another enemy or ally will still switch the Linked target as normal). Holding the ability key will cause the enemy to slowly follow Nidus until within 5m of the Warframe.

Ravening Tendrils - Ravenous Augment: Ravenous now benefits from Power Range with 5/10/15/20% base efficiency. The area Ravenous covers now has stationary claws that will strike at nearby enemies, dealing Puncture damage equivalent to Nidus' Power Strength with a chance to knock them back (Claws also benefit from Mutation stacks). If a claw is slain, another one will spawn where it died 3 sec. later. If a claw can successfully land a killing blow, Nidus will gain 2 ticks of 1 Mutation stack. Claws despawn as soon as Ravenous duration expires.

Edited by Xamerzan
Added other Nidus Augment Mod ideas.

14 minutes ago, Xamerzan said:

Nidus Augment Mod

Ravening Tendrils - Ravenous Augment: Ravenous now benefits from Power Range with 5/10/15% base efficiency. The area Ravenous covers now has stationary claws that will strike at nearby enemies, dealing Puncture damage equivalent to Nidus' Power Strength with a chance to knock them back. If a claw is slain, another one will spawn where it died 3 sec. later. Claws despawn as soon as Ravenous duration expires.

#1: Fanning Spikes - #1 now spread out like frost ice wave.

#3: Parasites control - #3 now make the linked targets (enemy/AI) stay within X meters of caster. Will be able to attack & function as per normal.

If we want the real deal, Parasite Control would do this
-Infinite range on allies
-Enemies affected follow Nidus, staying close
-If an enemy gets out of that range they get pulled along or just teleport closer to you.

Since the most powerful builds for nidus have very low range, and since Nidus likes to use every slot he has, this augment would massively improve his playability without breaking anything (after all,  it would only add a level of convenience)

22 minutes ago, Xamerzan said:

I know the Design Council has already made and closed a Nidus augment mod ideas page, but I still wanted to post an idea around his abilities. For simplicity's sake, I'll only post one mod idea for now. Tell me what you guys think, and if you like what's here please upvote it! Also, feel free to post any comments, questions, or suggestions for changes in the mod's functionality. I may add more Nidus Augment Mod ideas later. =)

Nidus Augment Mod

Ravening Tendrils - Ravenous Augment: Ravenous now benefits from Power Range with 5/10/15% base efficiency. The area Ravenous covers now has stationary claws that will strike at nearby enemies, dealing Puncture damage equivalent to Nidus' Power Strength with a chance to knock them back. If a claw is slain, another one will spawn where it died 3 sec. later. Claws despawn as soon as Ravenous duration expires.

Not bad. I'd at least try it out.

4 minutes ago, low1991 said:

#1: Fanning Spikes - #1 now spread out like frost ice wave.

#3: Parasites control - #3 now make the linked targets (enemy/AI) stay within X meters of caster. Will be able to attack & function as per normal.

#1 - I like it (and would totally use it) BUT the base ability needs one fix first: Its recasting speed shouldn't be based on when it stops travelling. For example; Use lots of Power Range and cast in a long hallway. Now try to recast it while it's travelling. Nope, you can't, it needs to finishing its travel distance. Now, cast it when basicly facing a wall; now you can spamcast it crazy fast. Imo, it should be streamlined into having a set "rate of fire", so that increased range doesn't feel like a pseudo-penalty-stat. When that's done, your suggested augment would be AMAZING!

#3 - Would totally dig this one. But, just to be sure, you are saying it gets "mind controlled" over to your side too, right?

And I have an idea for #2 (Larva), although I'd honestly prefer it to be baseline (since it makes him more capable of using the ability along with weapons, without completely hindering his Mutation-potential):

#2 Gluttonous Larva - Killing an enemy attached to Larva has a 33/66/100/100% chance to add +1/1/1/2 to the partial mutation counter.
When maxed, this means killing 5 Larva'd enemies yields you 10 partial mutaiton (which is 2 full mutation stacks).

Note: If it was baseline, I'd suggest it to be 100% chance for +1 to the partial mutation counter instead.

4 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

#1 - I like it (and would totally use it) BUT the base ability needs one fix first: Its recasting speed shouldn't be based on when it stops travelling. For example; Use lots of Power Range and cast in a long hallway. Now try to recast it while it's travelling. Nope, you can't, it needs to finishing its travel distance. Now, cast it when basicly facing a wall; now you can spamcast it crazy fast. Imo, it should be streamlined into having a set "rate of fire", so that increased range doesn't feel like a pseudo-penalty-stat. When that's done, your suggested augment would be AMAZING!

#3 - Would totally dig this one. But, just to be sure, you are saying it gets "mind controlled" over to your side too, right?

And I have an idea for #2 (Larva), although I'd honestly prefer it to be baseline (since it makes him more capable of using the ability along with weapons, without completely hindering his Mutation-potential):

#2 Gluttonous Larva - Killing an enemy attached to Larva has a 33/66/100/100% chance to add +1/1/1/2 to the partial mutation counter.
When maxed, this means killing 5 Larva'd enemies yields you 10 partial mutaiton (which is 2 full mutation stacks).

Note: If it was baseline, I'd suggest it to be 100% chance for +1 to the partial mutation counter instead.

1- i think the travel time thing is to prevent players from spamming waves or spike in corridor... But i can totally see the worries being mis-placed... Maybe make it so re-casting it will stop the current wave and start a new one at your location?

3- Ya... when mind-controlled mobs not go over to your side. xD

On 2017-11-22 at 3:14 PM, low1991 said:

1- i think the travel time thing is to prevent players from spamming waves or spike in corridor... But i can totally see the worries being mis-placed... Maybe make it so re-casting it will stop the current wave and start a new one at your location?

3- Ya... when mind-controlled mobs not go over to your side. xD

1 - If they are concerned about spamming in hallways, your suggestion is perfect (and I'd personally be perfectly fine with it :))

3 - Well... I meant by that to fight for you and your allies' side/faction (not as in LITERALLY standing next to you lol).

On 11/22/2017 at 5:50 AM, low1991 said:

That does sound like an interesting idea, but what if the targeted enemy was still considered asleep and instead of fighting back they would slowly walk toward you? Or better yet, re-casting Parasitic Link at a target location will cause the linked enemy to walk to the location to the best of its ability, provided there's a way to get there without the need to jump.

On 11/24/2017 at 2:49 AM, Azamagon said:

3 - Well... I meant by that to fight for you and your allies' side/faction (not as in LITERALLY standing next to you lol).

K, better then kavat/kubrow jumping right in-front of you. XD.

Maybe implement Nerkoz'#4 recast mechanisms to it? beyond x meters from caster = teleport to player.

On 11/24/2017 at 2:55 AM, Xamerzan said:

That does sound like an interesting idea, but what if the targeted enemy was still considered asleep and instead of fighting back they would slowly walk toward you? Or better yet, re-casting Parasitic Link at a target location will cause the linked enemy to walk to the location to the best of its ability, provided there's a way to get there without the need to jump.

What you mean?

18 hours ago, low1991 said:

What you mean?

What I mean is have it so the tethered enemy from your Parasitic Link would either slowly move toward you (still being unable to act or attack any other way) or have it so when you re-cast the ability while NOT targeting another enemy while you're already linked to one to have it go to the location in a slow-moving manner. I'm unsure if I can get it clearer than that.

4 hours ago, Xamerzan said:

What I mean is have it so the tethered enemy from your Parasitic Link would either slowly move toward you (still being unable to act or attack any other way) or have it so when you re-cast the ability while NOT targeting another enemy while you're already linked to one to have it go to the location in a slow-moving manner. I'm unsure if I can get it clearer than that.

Something like Chrome #4 augment? Hold #4 to tell pelt to go to one location?

Sounds good, but looks troublesome... In this case, i rather have an augment to enable Nidus to throw out a pile of infested junk that is Linked via parasitic link but without any damage re-directing (enemy) or damage bonus (ally)

1 minute ago, low1991 said:

Something like Chrome #4 augment? Hold #4 to tell pelt to go to one location?

Sounds good, but looks troublesome... In this case, i rather have an augment to enable Nidus to throw out a pile of infested junk that is Linked via parasitic link but without any damage re-directing (enemy) or damage bonus (ally)

Troublesome? In what way may I ask? Do you think you could elaborate on what you'd do differently with his Link?

Also, if you haven't checked yet, I did add more mods for his other abilities including Parasitic Link.