The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Patient Strike - Melee Mod

A-Midnight-Shanking

The idea for this mod is to be used when you're relying more on your primary weapon. gives you a nice "no touchy" reaction if an enemy gets too close. Not really for melee focused builds, but a nice addition to Primary/Secondary focused builds.

After a duration of time, your next attack with a melee weapon will deal additional damage. Starting at 10% per second after 5 seconds (up to 1200%) and can be modded up to 60% per second

Has better synergy with high Base Damage weapons, the timer would be used to reduce its effectiveness with Blood Rush builds.

zcNj6dw.png

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking
Updated Mod Card - Description

I really like the idea.
I'm mainly a melee player, but this would provide a great close range defense to gun players.

The only complain I have is the timer, starting to stack instantly after the next attack, meaning you still able to benefit from extra damages with a combo based melee build.
In the current state, if you use a combo mod like Drifting Contact, you get 13 seconds before the combo reset, so you can build up your combo to benefit from Blood Rush, then wait 12 seconds to build up Patient Strike and benefit from both increased critical chances from Blood Rush and +500% damages from Patient Strike.

To avoid this situation, I suggest the following changes :
"After 5 seconds without attacking, you will stack +60% damages per second for the next melee hit (up to +1200%)"

So, this would mean after 5 seconds without melee attack, the mod start to stack +60% damages per second with a limit of +1200% after 20 seconds of charging (so 25 after you last melee attack). The mod would be +10% damages at rank 0 and increase by +5% per rank. The limit may still unaffected, so with a lower rank mod, you just have to wait longer in order to reach the cap (125 seconds with a rank 0 mod).

A 5 second delay before charging damages should reduce the possibility to expoit this mod in regular melee build without affecting gun players.

Edited by lukinu_u

6 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

I really like the idea.
I'm mainly a melee player, but this would provide a great close range defense to gun players.

The only complain I have is the timer, starting to stack instantly after the next attack, meaning you still able to benefit from extra damages with a combo based melee build.
In the current state, if you use a combo mod like Drifting Contact, you get 13 seconds before the combo reset, so you can build up your combo to benefit from Blood Rush, then wait 12 seconds to build up Patient Strike and benefit from both increased critical chances from Blood Rush and +500% damages from Patient Strike.

To avoid this situation, I suggest the following changes :
"After 5 seconds without attacking, you will stack +60% damages per second for the next melee hit (up to +1200%)"

So, this would mean after 5 seconds without melee attack, the mod start to stack +60% damages per second with a limit of +1200% after 20 seconds of charging (so 25 after you last melee attack). The mod would be +10% damages at rank 0 and increase by +5% per rank. The limit may still unaffected, so with a lower rank mod, you just have to wait longer in order to reach the cap (125 seconds with a rank 0 mod).

A 5 second delay before charging damages should reduce the possibility to expoit this mod in regular melee build without affecting gun players.

Yeah, that's probably a good way to add in a minor time-gate. 5 seems to be a good starting number.

Keeping the upper limit as a static number would likely be easier and more intuitive (and adds more customization). So +damage/sec per rank is probably the better option.

Wording could probably be better tuned, so it's shorter to fit on a mod card, something like:

"5 seconds after attacking, your next hit gains +60% damage each second, up to 1200%"

zcNj6dw.png

Updated Mod Card

@lukinu_u 

Hmmm. Though what about it's interaction with Maiming Strike? Should it increase the Damage of an entire attack, or the first enemy hit? Cause unfortunately it might just cause players to utilize an Atterax build on the side leading to a room-clearing effect on a 25s cooldown. Bringing down a lot of weapon diversity and causing significant power-creep. But only dealing the extra damage to one enemy is rather lackluster, but certainly be more balanced.

il y a 11 minutes, A-Midnight-Shanking a dit :

@lukinu_u 

Hmmm. Though what about it's interaction with Maiming Strike? Should it increase the Damage of an entire attack, or the first enemy hit? Cause unfortunately it might just cause players to utilize an Atterax build on the side leading to a room-clearing effect on a 25s cooldown. Bringing down a lot of weapon diversity and causing significant power-creep. But only dealing the extra damage to one enemy is rather lackluster, but certainly be more balanced.

I dont think it's necessary.
Maiming Strike is only overpowered when stacked with Blood Rush.
So, if you can't use Blood Rush, Maiming Strike will only grant a critical hit and it should be ok.

However, I think Condition Overload may be a problem because the status effect dont need to come from your melee, so with 3 status on the target + Patient Strike fully stacked, you damages will go from 4.10x (with Condition Overload only) to 53.3x, that's insane.
And if we do the same with all 13 status (thing that never happen), you go from 450.36x to 5954.68x

But you still need to apply status on each target, so this still hard to get real benefits from the combination.

20 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

I dont think it's necessary.
Maiming Strike is only overpowered when stacked with Blood Rush.
So, if you can't use Blood Rush, Maiming Strike will only grant a critical hit and it should be ok.

However, I think Condition Overload may be a problem because the status effect dont need to come from your melee, so with 3 status on the target + Patient Strike fully stacked, you damages will go from 4.10x (with Condition Overload only) to 53.3x, that's insane.
And if we do the same with all 13 status (thing that never happen), you go from 450.36x to 5954.68x

But you still need to apply status on each target, so this still hard to get real benefits from the combination.

Hmm. Yeah, that might be an issue. At the very least though it gives a bonus to high status/firerate based weapons or status Warframes. And as you said essentially being a combo attack, that requires at least a little bit of a setup and can't really be just spammed for maximum effectiveness. Though it may be too OP, can't really say at this point. Would need to be tested.