Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Aborting All Of These Beautiful Frames!

Daihazi

The fan zone. Art. Stories. OCs. All a bunch of awesomeriffic stuff lives in the Fan Zone. But one thing that also lurks there are Warframes. Not the ones we know today, such as Volt, Ash, and Frost, but the ones that do not yet exist. Vaara, the Nanomachine Manipulator. Shard, the Crystal Warrior. Tempest, The Wind Rider. Reaper, The Shadow. Triyang, The Doppelganger. And many more really hot topic frames that DE ignores. Arguably one of the coolest warframes, Nova, is even from the Fan Zone! So, I think DE should hold a contest. Look at all the serious warframes, Like those I mentioned above, and choose 20. The X that recieve the most votes should become real warframes. Just like Nova, I think some of these frames need to be given a chance. At least looked at. This would give players a great deal of options. Why have like 15 or 20 Warframes to choose from, when you can have maybe 50? It gives the game more diversity, and I am sure many people would agree with me. 

What should the community do? Post ideas of serious Warframes in this thread. Let Rebecca, Sheldon, Steve, and everyone else @DE look at them all. I will even post the two that are my personal ideas. Maybe they will actually do it! And if they do, then I think a lot of players would be thrilled.

Please, don't be a jerk. Don't post some dumb bacon shooting frame on here. Thank you.

[/rule]

Also, please try to be orderly with the frame ideas. Try to loosely follow the pattern of my brainchild warframe, Triyang.

TRIYANG: THE MACH 5 BERSERKER

Triyang is based on High speed movement, and the ability to triangulate with his two doppelgangers. His suit can generate an anti friction field, allowing him to flash accelerate to mach 5 speed in under a second. I apologize for the rushed description, as I accidentally Xed out my page when I rewrote it for 1 freaking hour -_-*

Power 1: Triangulation Slash: Triyang's doppelgangers get into triangle formation, and slash dash toward the middle, dealing 200/300/450/600 damage to all enemies caught in it. Cost: 25 Energy

Power 2: Meteor Impact: Triyang is given a boost by two of his doppelgangers, and leaps high into the air. He then accelerates to Mach 5 and crashes into the ground, making a shockwave that inflicts 100/200/300/400 damage and inflicts light stasis to all enemies within 5m. Cost: 50 Energy. The stasis is half as strong as that of Rhino Stomp and Bastille.

Power 3: Enemy Bomb: Triyang has two of his doppelgangers hold a target down, and plant a kunai with a powerful bomb tag strung to it in it's head. The three then hurl the enemy at a group. The enemy detonates, dealing 300/500/700/950 damage to everything within 5m.

Ultimate: Skana Dance: Triyang and his doppelgangers begin running at Mach 5 in a fair sized circle. They the begin juggling their swords between one another, cutting up all enemies caught in the middle. This deals 10/20/30/45 damage 35 times over 5 seconds. (thats a total of up to 1570 damage over 5 seconds.) 

Stats

Health: 75
Shield: 100
Armor: 10 or 50 (whichever seems appropriate. I think 10 is a good counterbalance for his aggressive style)
Speed: 1.30
Energy: 150

Helmet Ideas:

Default: Everything +0%, Everything -0%
Velocity: Speed +10%, Armor -25%
Acceleration: Power Efficiency +15%, Power Strength -5%

[/rule]

Art is also greatly appreciated! :)

Let us see if we can save some unborn Warframes!!!

Oh, and links are perfectly fine!

I want to make it clear that I am not demanding DE in any way to do anything. Warframe is a jizzworthy game, and I think it is worth every penny I have spent on it. I am simply suggesting something that I believe many fans of the game would drool over. Being able to have thier frame implemented into the game would make anyone go out and buy a sack of platinum just to say "Thank you, for making my dream a reality". If thier dream is a bacon warframe, or anything equally stupid, then they need to go to Cracker Barrel.

Also, if you don't have anything constructive to say, please don't bother. (Unless you're DE. Because DE does whatever they want :P)

Edited by Daihazi

As awesome as many of these Warframes might be, some of them are way too hard to make, DE is even having trouble polishing Ash's Bladestorm, do you realize how difficult it would be to make Triyang's abillities, except for his first one, which is the exact same as Excalibur's 1st abillity also, making it kind of dull.

Edited by tatcher

Every one should buy a Master/GM package and post in Design Council for these to be made. DE prioritize those who pay first, look at Nova :/ All these fan-made frames are amazing yet they choose...the most cliche theme and abilities, i don't get it .___.

Edited by W4RM4CHIN3

Every one should buy a Master/GM package and post in Design Council for these to be made. DE prioritize those who pay first, look at Nova :/ 

Im a grandmaster who has bought at least 800 bucks in plat. I love this game, and that is the entire reason im a GM. So DE might just listen to a suggestion of mine. I will be fowarding this thread, and the frames on it, to the council if it is necessary.

Blood themed warframe would be cool. basically manipulates his and others blood/bodies for splashy results. Like cause a single targets blood vessels pressurize for damage, teleport trough enemies by using their blood and stuff like that (kind of like blood mage from D&D)

Edited by Separikakku

Every one should buy a Master/GM package and post in Design Council for these to be made. DE prioritize those who pay first, look at Nova :/ All these fan-made frames are amazing yet they choose...the most cliche theme and abilities, i don't get it .___.

FYI, players voted for the final theme. DE selected a few yes, but didn't decide which one they would make

As awsome as it would be to see some of the better ones get into the game it's completely unfeasable. The moment a fan frame gets in game would be the moment everyone starts flooding DE with suggestions and then whining that it wasn't in the game yet.

I don't ever expect my designs to make it in game. They're just fun to draw and write about.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63056-valhas-fan-doodles-update-72813-hugs-and-nature/

[size=6]d/VAARA\b[/size]

What is Vaara?

Vaara's deal is that he is an average durability frame, but his abilities are extremely powerful. His drawback is that his shield is reduced to 20% of it's maximum when he casts, because his armor plates are also his weapon. His armor score is also reduced from 75 to 0. This creates a high risk, high reward Warframe, or in other terms, a true glass cannon. He is based off of Telemagnetism, meaning that he can mentally manipulate metallic objects, or in his case, the steel based ferrofluid armor* that he wears. Ferrofluid is an organic compound mixed with treated metallic dust, so that a magnet can influence it. Normally not very strongly bonded by a magnetic field, but Vaara wields magnetic fields so powerful, that the steel in the fluid is as firmly rooted as in a solid steel block. The fluid is just as durable, being bound so tightly by the magnetic field.

What are his stats?

Base health: 75/225

Base shield: 90/270

Base armor: 75/75

Base energy: 100/250

Base speed: 1.3/1.3

Level 1/Level 30

What are his powers?

Power 1: Javelin Strike: Forms the fluid armor into 3/3/3/4 spikes that seek out and impale targets with 100% accuracy, dealing 150/200/250/300 damage, and 50/60/70/85% piercing damage (meaning it will go through targets that it kills, hitting them for half the damage the first target took as long as it died.) Vaara is vulnerable for 2 seconds after the casting animation of this power.

Power 2: Deflection: Forms the armor into a personal spiked bubble shield, and rotates at an intense rate, knocking nearby enemies back several meters. Any bullets that impact the shield will be reflected back at the attacker along with a fluid spike, dealing twice the damage that would have been dealt to Vaara. Vaara is completely invincible while the shield persists. When the shield dies after 3/4/4/5 seconds, it blasts small spikes outward, dealing 30/35/40/45 damage to all enemies within 7 meters. Vaara is vulnerable for 3.5 seconds after the explosion.

Power 3: Paralyzing Mist: Vaara detonates his armor, forming a mist covering 10 meters around himself. He then strongly locks the mist in place, completely immobilizing all enemies who are in it, and who walk into the field. Vaara is unable to move while holding these extremely strong magnetic fields in place. The effect lasts for 5/5/6/7 seconds, and upon its end, Vaara forms the mist into microscopic blades that contract inward, dealing 200/250/320/450 damage to all survivors. Vaara is vulnerable for  4 seconds after the implosion.

Power 4: Anvil Drop: Vaara creates a gigantic anvil out of the fluid, and drops it, devastating anyone beneath it, and sending anyone near it flying. Vaara is vulnerable for 5 seconds after the drop.

What would he look like?

I imagine he would have a slender build like Nyx or Excalibur Prime does, but have the Ferrofluid armor plates covering him, making him look bulkier like Ember. His helmet would be maybe a skull motif to it? Or perhaps a Dragon motif?

Any artists please feel free to draw this guy!

*He originally manipulated steel dust "sand", but due to the fact that that was too similar to another character from another series, I used Ferrofluid instead.

[size=1]Author of idea: Daihazi[/size]

The original post about Vaara can be found at https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/69037-warframe-concept-idea-vaara-the-living-electromagnet/#entry734966

Gaia Warframe
7qlr.jpg

Health: good
Armor: great
Shields: good
Speed: low
Energy: good

Gaia frames where never intended for front line combat, instead they where designed to terraform temporary bases on uninhabitable planetoids. Unfortunately with the war against the Grineer and Warframes in such high demand, the Gaia have been modified to function as a warrior's armour.

1. Deluge: with enough force behind it water can reform the landscape and even cut steel. Gaia's sprays a short range waterjet from her hand that deals heavy damage and knocks enemies away.
2. Atmosphere: Gaia creates a powerful wirlwind that captures enemies and carries them away until it disperses.
3. Algal Bloom: Gaia releases a huge amount of genetically modified algae. Any enemy within the area is slowed and have their armour reduced. Any Warframes within the algae gain regeneration.
4. Falling Stars: To create sometimes you must first destroy. Gaia can open a rift to the Outer Terminus, calling forth the numerous rocks and icy balls found at the edge of the system. For several seconds micro-meteors pour through, pelting the enemies of the Tenno with a mixture of impact, fire and ice damage. At the end of the duration a massive chunk of ice and rock comes through devastating anything left. 

[size=1]Author of frame: unknown. Please step foward![/size]

Edited by Daihazi

As awsome as it would be to see some of the better ones get into the game it's completely unfeasable. The moment a fan frame gets in game would be the moment everyone starts flooding DE with suggestions and then whining that it wasn't in the game yet.

I don't ever expect my designs to make it in game. They're just fun to draw and write about.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63056-valhas-fan-doodles-update-72813-hugs-and-nature/

You make fine art my friend, I wish DE would take a closer look at your stuff and get inspired.

Gaia Warframe

7qlr.jpg

Gaia frames where never intended for front line combat, instead they where designed to terraform temporary bases on uninhabitable planetoids. Unfortunately with the war against the Grineer and Warframes in such high demand, the Gaia have been modified to function as a warrior's armour.

1. Deluge: with enough force behind it water can reform the landscape and even cut steel. Gaia's sprays a short range waterjet from her hand that deals heavy damage and knocks enemies away.

2. Atmosphere: Gaia creates a powerful wirlwind that captures enemies and carries them away until it disperses.

3. Algal Bloom: Gaia releases a huge amount of genetically modified algae. Any enemy within the area is slowed and have their armour reduced. Any Warframes within the algae gain regeneration.

4. Falling Stars: To create sometimes you must first destroy. Gaia can open a rift to the Outer Terminus, calling forth the numerous rocks and icy balls found at the edge of the system. For several seconds micro-meteors pour through, pelting the enemies of the Tenno with a mixture of impact, fire and ice damage. At the end of the duration a massive chunk of ice and rock comes through devastating anything left. 

Author of frame: unknown. Please step foward! Another amazing Warframe, but how would DE make the aesthetics for the Meteors and Algae when they can't even have decent models for Ash's Shurikens, all you see is some kind of laser coming out of your arm. Some things are just too advanced as of now, they're a small indie company.

Edited by tatcher

Gaia Warframe

7qlr.jpg

Author of frame: unknown. Please step foward!

I like most of the concept art, but maybe scale back the beer belly a bit. We already have Nova who is, or was pregnant. 

Design council can't post it's own threads. Only replies to topic DE has put up.

i was tinkering with ideas for frames but im not very good at drawing stuff.

however it might be interesting to make world theamed frames, such as a western (us wield west type) theam now fiting with the vasto.

many of the diffrent frames use world realted theams in there names or concepts, such as banshie being irish and valban being french, and etc.

it dsoent ahve to be like MERICA frame or anyhitng, or represent a contery but if you can integrate concepts like the DEs have befor it may produce a rather interesting set of frames.