Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Corpus Base

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Well as we all know, warframe is a repetitive game. Maybe too repetitive. It even gets the nickname Farmframe. A lot of it is due to farming for resources and affinity which, last I checked, a lot of games require. But doing the same maps over and over again does get boring. So I started thinking about Corpus having a new base. Since the grineer now have a kuva fortress, maybe the corpus could have something of a base of their own. Due to them specializing in high tech, their base is probably gonna be something closer to a Death Star. It would no doubt be filled with new high tech security and obviously new and possibly more complicated enemies. Maybe their base rotates around in the solar system as well but in a slightly different direction. Obviously so that their base won’t meet up with the grineer’s. However, like a solar or lunar eclipse, I was thinking there will be some cases where they do meet up. It would definitely take a good bit of calculating in order to set them on the right paths to where they only meet up every now and then and when they do they would definitely have all sorts of crossovers. Maybe even get special alerts or invasions that rewards players newer or more resources. For example players could win a lot of kuva by helping out the grineer. For the corpus, I don’t exactly know yet cause the corpus don’t have something of equal value. Yet. Maybe some sort of new power core for building or upgrading new items? Honestly I kind of wish that there was a way to upgrade our weapons just a little by being able to add an extra mod slot similar to the exilus mod slot on warframes. Maybe we can use the rare new resource from the corpus base in order to be able to add that new slot onto weapons. No doubt it would be difficult. Now some may say “one extra mod isn’t enough” when really, one extra mod can make a difference. Again just an idea. Maybe similar to the crafting weapons of Cetus, we can craft new high tech primaries and/or secondaries using resources from the corpus. There are other ideas that can be added to this kind of update but for now this is what I have. Maybe later the invested could end up having a planet of their own that is not filled with invested grineer or corpus. Similar to the ancients, boiler, broodmother, and juggernaut, this planet could feature new and maybe more deadly looking infested. Maybe this kind of infested could believe that they are “perfect” and “pure” vs the “flawed” ones we usually encounter. And maybe as they rotate throughout the solar system they infest the nearby planets. But we would only fight infested enemies of those planets. So on grineer planets not only would we go against some new infested but also go against lots of chargers while on corpus planets they would be runners, crawlers, moas, and osprey. I was thinking there could be a new charger that used to be a bombarder that is much tougher than a regular charger and one that used to be a heavy gunner that is a lot faster. Maybe the bombchargers could explode when killed. And heavychargers could charge into you. Just something to think about. To me these could change the pace of the game a bit. Also it could open up an opportunity to add new invested weapons since the weapons are usually added as part of update for like the corpus or grineer. Give old players something new and different. PoE helped a good bit but we all know that it won’t last very long before people get bored with it. I’m sure a lot of people already are from all the farming and fishing and hunting we are having to do for resources for new items. 

But anyways, try to add other ideas on what the next updates should have that can make the game better and/or keep it going. 

Thank you.

~Wall of text intensifies~

Didn't get to read your post yet, but I already got a headache, try to segment it out.

*Will add thoughts on Edit once I read it*

Mmmmm new tileset would be nice but it demands really hard lore to be developed for it.

Sure, you may say like "What do you need strong lore for? It's corpus, they have money and they build high tech things!"
Well, no. It's not exactly like that. In fact, despite Corpus having as much money as they do, they try to save it. Everything Corpus made is pretty much in the minimalistic style, except the stuff from Nef Anyo that we've seen by now, and nothing grandious like this has been made. So there would have to be a really strong reason or purpose behind building such a "Death Star" how you call it.

And I don't really see the Corpus as Intergallactical Space Conquerors (although they are something like that) but just a money-hungry cult.

So basically, demanding a new tileset with no foreground or story for it to be built on is like dogs barking at the moon, pointless.
Not to mention what hassle would it be, considering a new Sentient type tileset is being made, as well as the pre-works for Venus version of Plains Of Eidolon what we have now.

Edited by Haynox

Does this make it less annoying to read?

Well as we all know, warframe is a repetitive game. Maybe too repetitive. It even gets the nickname Farmframe. A lot of it is due to farming for resources and affinity which, last I checked, a lot of games require. But doing the same maps over and over again does get boring. So I started thinking about Corpus having a new base. Since the grineer now have a kuva fortress, maybe the corpus could have something of a base of their own.

Due to them specializing in high tech, their base is probably gonna be something closer to a Death Star. It would no doubt be filled with new high tech security and obviously new and possibly more complicated enemies. Maybe their base rotates around in the solar system as well but in a slightly different direction. Obviously so that their base won’t meet up with the grineer’s. However, like a solar or lunar eclipse, 

I was thinking there will be some cases where they do meet up. It would definitely take a good bit of calculating in order to set them on the right paths to where they only meet up every now and then and when they do they would definitely have all sorts of crossovers. Maybe even get special alerts or invasions that rewards players newer or more resources. For example players could win a lot of kuva by helping out the grineer. For the corpus, I don’t exactly know yet cause the corpus don’t have something of equal value

Yet. Maybe some sort of new power core for building or upgrading new items? Honestly I kind of wish that there was a way to upgrade our weapons just a little by being able to add an extra mod slot similar to the exilus mod slot on warframes. Maybe we can use the rare new resource from the corpus base in order to be able to add that new slot onto weapons. No doubt it would be difficult. Now some may say “one extra mod isn’t enough” when really, one extra mod can make a difference.

Again just an idea. Maybe similar to the crafting weapons of Cetus, we can craft new high tech primaries and/or secondaries using resources from the corpus. There are other ideas that can be added to this kind of update but for now this is what I have. Maybe later the invested could end up having a planet of their own that is not filled with invested grineer or corpus. Similar to the ancients, boiler, broodmother, and juggernaut, this planet could feature new and maybe more deadly looking infested. Maybe this kind of infested could believe that they are “perfect” and “pure” vs the “flawed” ones we usually encounter.

And maybe as they rotate throughout the solar system they infest the nearby planets. But we would only fight infested enemies of those planets. So on grineer planets not only would we go against some new infested but also go against lots of chargers while on corpus planets they would be runners, crawlers, moas, and osprey. I was thinking there could be a new charger that used to be a bombarder that is much tougher than a regular charger and one that used to be a heavy gunner that is a lot faster. 

Maybe the bombchargers could explode when killed. And heavychargers could charge into you. Just something to think about. To me these could change the pace of the game a bit. Also it could open up an opportunity to add new invested weapons since the weapons are usually added as part of update for like the corpus or grineer. Give old players something new and different. PoE helped a good bit but we all know that it won’t last very long before people get bored with it. I’m sure a lot of people already are from all the farming and fishing and hunting we are having to do for resources for new items. 

Edited by Froztbytes

i have read the first few lines after that reading your unformated wall of text became unbearable so ill only respond to those:

warframe has currently 22 unique tile sets
adding 1 more doesn't  make the game less repetitive
it is your choice to decide which mission to play if you choose to play the same stuff over and over again it gets boring
but if u choose to play with more diversity the game might stay more fun longer

apart from all that
warframe is and always will be a grind game
grind is farming
farming is repetitive

get over it

Edited by Weidro

Is that the best y’all can do? Instead of disagreeing or having a mature discussion of what would be better to focus on y’all choose to spill insults. Y’all clearly flunked out of school if reading is such a big issue and don’t go telling me that you graduated cause your comments say otherwise. If I don’t “feel” like reading one big paragraph then what do I do? I don’t read it and MOVE ON. 

This is the problem with the world. You people like to complain about everything so everything is always negative. Y’all are like little children who didn’t get enough candy for Halloween. Grow up. I don’t have a problem with the repetitive of the game. People who are complainers, like y’all, do. It’s hard to play warframe and get to high rounds or waves because people get tired too easily. I can’t go any further than 20 waves tops on defense missions like Hydron to level up cause people quit too much. Most times I can’t get past 10. But before you say something stupid again, I don’t do it solo cause leveling up requires killing a lot of enemies which more player means more enemies. Do the math. Or is that just as hard as reading?

I’m just trying to come up with ideas for making the game better/more interesting. More challenging than just having some super strong enemy. Think about the drift mods and those obstacle courses from the dojo and even that one MR test that requires you dodging lasers while shooting enemies. What if instead of them being tests, they were actually upgraded security for like the corpus? Something more challenging. Where you’re not just running around in circles shooting super tough enemies vs actually dodging obstacles while fighting the enemies. 

Then y’all want to bring real life business/politics into this game. “Corpus aren’t world conquering people”. BS. All those high tech machines clearly built for war. Then there is even a new guy who talks about war like it is some sort of art. Then all those fights with the grineer. All that speaks otherwise. Grineer conquer for power while corpus may conquer for money but they both still try to take over planets. 

I hope I made this comment more readable otherwise I feel sorry for you and it is pointless arguing with a bunch of dumb kids. How about next time instead of talking trash about someone’s idea like a little dumb child, you actually talk about what they should do to either improve their idea or focus on a different topic that would be better for Warframe. 

Have a good day at school. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins