Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur sprint

(PSN)Faustx19

I don't know if this is a bug or intented since i do not find a change in the patch notes. All the years any frame keeps sprinting while use melee attacks.Since the patch today excalibur goes to walking after exalted blade attack.If this is intented and will not change soon excalibur as one of the slowest has no more reason to exist and as my main for 3000 hours,long before exalted blade patch its the ultimate reason to leave warframe behind. Hope someone at de can answer here if this is a bug or Intention.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

Just realized that every frame now stops sprint instant as performing any melee attack.Thats ..well..a punch in the weakspot for melee gameplay.

Read this thread:

It is not intentional, has been fixed on PC. And will likely make its way to console in the next patch (or two).

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

Read this thread:

It is not intentional, has been fixed on PC. And will likely make its way to console in the next patch (or two).

What i dont understand is, why wasnt "that" PC patch included in the recent console patch? 

Why let a bug this obvious transfer to consoles? 

51 minutes ago, (PS4)K-Y-N-G said:

What i dont understand is, why wasnt "that" PC patch included in the recent console patch? 

Why let a bug this obvious transfer to consoles? 

Perhaps the bug was solved after the console update was sent in for cert?

9 hours ago, krc473 said:

If they know how to fix it on PC shouldnt there be a quick hotfix for consoles? 

Its a pretty big game mechanic thats bugged. This isnt a small issue such as cosmetics etc.

I dunno, its just really killing my play style and slowing down the whole game, since melee isnt the only thing that turns off sprint mode... 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)K-Y-N-G said:

Its a pretty big game mechanic thats bugged. This isnt a small issue such as cosmetics etc.

I dunno, its just really killing my play style and slowing down the whole game, since melee isnt the only thing that turns off sprint mode... 

It sounds like we are going to be stuck with it for a while.  Not every problem can be hotfixed on console, some require a new build to be sent to cert.

6 hours ago, (PS4)K-Y-N-G said:

I could be wrong, but I think every new build needs to be sent for cert. This most likely has a cost associated with it. There would be no reason for DE to have a one fix build on consoles. It’s not like PC where they can just deploy hotfixes all they like. There is a process they must follow.

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I could be wrong, but I think every new build needs to be sent for cert. This most likely has a cost associated with it. There would be no reason for DE to have a one fix build on consoles. It’s not like PC where they can just deploy hotfixes all they like. There is a process they must follow.

You are wrong.  We do get hotfixes from time to time on console.  In fact, this issue has been fixed in a hotfix that was released earlier today.

Edited by (PS4)Loki1211

Not fixed,Excalibur cancel still sprint while use exalted blade , frost cancel sprint performing melee and weird thing now rhino do not cancel sprint performing melee .  Ok,i had prepared excalibur for plaque star comming today and excalibur is frustrating to play . So i do not play operation plaque star. I spend money yesterday on warframe,not for the need,just to support. 2 minutes later after notice the issue i regret it. DE , show us that you can handle this.I got my brother and 2 frinds back to warframe a few days ago and if the operation starts with the issue i am deleting warframe forever and thats what others do also. This is a serious game breaking issue right with an event. Fixed on pc and a problem on consoles? Thats not the DE i know and loved. Seriously,that is the only issue i realy have more than a big problem with. Its devastating. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

This is a serious game breaking issue

How is it a game breaking issue? Are you able to still play? Yes? Then it is not really game breaking. It might be annoying, but I would not even call it a serious issue.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

Fixed on pc and a problem on consoles? Thats not the DE i know and loved.

These two statements contradict each other. The DE you know does this all the time. This is not the first time they have fixed a bug on PC long before fixing it on console.

If it is such a massive issue, turn toggle off and use hold to sprint. See if that makes it less "game breaking".

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

operation starts with the issue i am deleting warframe forever and thats what others do also

If a simple bug (that has a workaround - use hold to sprint) ruins the game for you, I guess Warframe is not a game you should play.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

Pc member,i use excalibur. Sprint hold means hold the left analogstick pressed while move it all the time. Console, pad, you know? I guess not.

1. You can rebind the controls, right?
  2. I use a controller. And I use hold to sprint (LB). It is not an issue.

It is, i use this controlls for 4 years of warframe. Also again,pc member.DE does it all the time?Well on pc maybe.Consoles allways get the updates later including the hotfixes.Thats the de i know.But not this time. Wrong section for pc member to tell long time warframe console player how to control or what de did on consoles.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

Consoles allways get the updates later including the hotfixes.Thats the de i know.

28 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This is not the first time they have fixed a bug on PC long before fixing it on console.

Explain to me how our statements are different. I said that consoles get the fixes later. You also said this. If you're going to comment, at least read and understand what I say.

You do not understand.We get the updates including the hotfixes !!!! We do not get the issues cause the updates comes with the hotfixes !!!But not this time!You get the updates and the issues while the hotfixes come over time! We get the updates lates but already fixed!!!!!!!!!! Is this clear now? 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

We get the updates lates but already fixed!!!!!!!!!! Is this clear now?

Yeah, I get that. But that is only if DE can find the fix before consoles get the patch. And then get a functional build with said patch in it.

I mean, look at the Lephantis Corpus head issue. That was fixed on PC long before Consoles got the patch. You cannot expect me to believe that everything is always perfect on console patch.

Yes, there is an issue. Yes, DE has fixed it on PC (I think). Consoles do not have the fix yet. This does not mean console wont get the fix. Just have some patience. If its a case of one simple issue and the game is ruined, you really just need to get over it.

You tell me i should read and understand your comments..Maybe you should do that.As i said the other issues,most cosmetics , are issues i have no problem with. I know how hard it is to get content this fast and sure there are issues .I understand and accept that but this time i prepared my excalibur (Excalibur for over 3000 hours long before exalted blade) For the today comming event and then this issue.That had never happened on consoles or i did not noticed them in the last 4 years. This is a problem that can not wait weeks,and de said fix comes in the next update,last update 2 days ago.Updates needs most 4 and more weeks to arrive. The event will then long gone and i could not play it how i used to be and it is meant to be.You do not need to accept it but at least understand it.This is needed far earlyer for many gamers,not only for me.

Besides,it would not that big problem if it not appears at a time the event starts.I would do other stuff with other frames. Now the timing and the issue hard hitting excalibur exalted blade build i prepared for this is what makes it devastating for me.And i am sure for others too.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

You tell me i should read and understand your comments..Maybe you should do that

You do realise I am basically agreeing with you, right?

All I said was to not expect immediate patches, and to give DE time to implement fixes. 

I would not call a boss being completely unbeatable a cosmetic thing, but nevermind that.

Off topic, but a tip for the event: people are likely going to want Nekros/Hydroid for loot manipulation, and Ember for making the boss trivial. Excalibur will not be all that desirable for the event within the community. Of course, play however you want, this is just what I found with the event. Loot manipulation doubles the drops, Ember kills stuff almost instantly. 

Ember,hahaha! If it comes for bosses its excalibur. No one can match him or even come close .Only if it is a non tactic/phase boss then ash is unmatched. But that is something we can talk about for weeks without any result and does not belong in this place. I want to play excalibur.Point.  Here i go: If you ask me in 10 or 20 years what i remember realy outstanding, unvorgetable,awesome stuff in my videogame history then its not cloud srife,sqall leonheart,the frames i love like rhino,loki,ash,trinity, its not elder scrolls or Crysis series, no.I would say instant without think over it even a second EXCALIBUR! The one and only,the idol,the godfather,the holy grail! Its not the game warframe i will never forget. I never forget Excalibur . The grandmaster, the lord,the king of kings. The iconic!!! Ember , uh , i already forgot her..

For me not only Warframe starts with Excalibur , he is asymbol of a revolution. He was the first bringing shooter and rpg to a next unmatched level, a revolution of videogames started with excalibur.The game that fights against all odds and beat em all started with Excalibur. He is a symbol of a videogame revolution. Nothing less!