Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounty Capture the Camp is poorly designed

(PSN)PrincessLizbeth

Dear Digital Extremes.

Please do something about Capture the Camp bounty as it is ridiculous as it is now.

The Control area is too big, enemies are literally falling right in it from the sky from all sides. They "capture" it simply by staying in it. The only way to counter it is to go by tanky frame, and stay in the open so enemy don't get lost somewhere in the cover and fire at you, drawing your attention.

The only reason why enemies fail this mission is because they for somewhat reasons try to attack Tenno instead of hiding somewhere deep and wait for Tenno control to decay.

The only reason why I loose is because enemies are not quick enough to come to me, lost in some kind of pathfinding or was actually debuffed by some crowd control effect, which stops them from harming me or my teammates but doesn't cripple their ability to "capture".

To add more insult, mission is called Capture the Camp, but if you "fail" this perverted kind of Interception (which at least had area smaller and enemies required to use terminals), enemies stop arriving, and you are free to kill them. I mean how are they captured the camp if Tenno is still here, killing them and is actually last man standing? It makes no sense.

It is the most hard, least interesting type of mission, it is ridiculous if you try to comprehend it reasonably, and to make matters worse, it seems that it is almost mandatory for high level Bounties, as I played them every day from PoE release, and only two times I had T4-5 bounty without this mission. (while Assassinate the Commander, the most rewarding mission, in which you have a chance for mod drop seems to be rarest).

Kindly do something, as now it is frustrating.

Best regards.

Hard???

Me and other players are asking for challenging content and you say that this mission is hard?

Tanky frame only? Nope, I use Nova, Volt, Loki or whatever with no problems... sometimes I die, but it's ok, I never failed a mission in PoE.

If for you is too hard you should work on a better build... because warframe is all about becoming a "build master"... every warframe or weapon sucks without a right build, and everything can be OP with the right one!

Edited by (PS4)daveoncode

use a maxed enemy sense on your warframe and animal instinct on your companion and you should be good to go. those two mods alone make any plains bounty so much easier since you see the enemies from far on the minimap.

lots of frames have abilities to make the defense bounties a piece of cake. of course you and your guns should be powerful enough.

2 hours ago, (PS4)daveoncode said:

Hard???

Me and other players are asking for challenging content and you say that this mission is hard?

Tanky frame only? Nope, I use Nova, Volt, Loki or whatever with no problems... sometimes I die, but it's ok, I never failed a mission in PoE.

If for you is too hard you should work on a better build... because warframe is all about becoming a "build master"... every warframe or weapon sucks without a right build, and everything can be OP with the right one!

May I ask are you doing R5 bounties solo with frames you mentioned?

1 hour ago, (PS4)whirly5 said:

use a maxed enemy sense on your warframe and animal instinct on your companion and you should be good to go. those two mods alone make any plains bounty so much easier since you see the enemies from far on the minimap.

lots of frames have abilities to make the defense bounties a piece of cake. of course you and your guns should be powerful enough.

May I ask you as well, you are doing R5 bounties solo, wasting slot on Enemy Sense, and telling me this out of your personal experience?

26 minutes ago, (PS4)PrincessLizbeth said:

May I ask are you doing R5 bounties solo with frames you mentioned?

Nope, I like to play with other players, because IMO it does not make sense to play alone in an online game like warframe.

But anyway, I'm quite sure that I can go solo at least with Nova.

Because:

- I've easily completed a riven challenge in which I had to finish an interception mission alone with level 30/40 enemies and I completed it with all 4 zones captured without dying 

- I played several sorties as Nova without dying and by doing the most of damage

4 hours ago, (PS4)daveoncode said:

Nope, I like to play with other players, because IMO it does not make sense to play alone in an online game like warframe.

Because:

- I've easily completed a riven challenge in which I had to finish an interception mission alone with level 30/40 enemies and I completed it with all 4 zones captured without dying 

- I played several sorties as Nova without dying and by doing the most of damage

I do solo these on T5 level.  I use Mesa.

The riven challenge is much easier than this mission type.  Sorties are also easier at times than this mission type.  The problem you may run into with Nova won't be from dying, but will more likely be from slowing the enemies so much that you can't get to them to kill them in time to regain control.

On ‎01‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 4:19 PM, (PS4)daveoncode said:

Because:

Well, then kindly try to do them solo, so we could discuss similar experience. Because otherwise I find your advices of little use to me as they actually sounds like "find a team" and do not in any way counter anything what I said (like the area being too big or realization being too ridiculous).

As for Sorties, I find them easier experience than Bounties most of the time despite the higher levels. In sorite you know what is the task ahead, can do every step in a new attempt, and actually warframe abilities perform better in closed spaces, while in plains many abilities have serious issues with range. Not to mention that light frames can utilize cover and cannot be shot by random Oghma bombing in Sortie. Only thing that can make Sortie harder than bounty is some condition like "Bow only" for some assassinations.

PS: I mostly do Sortie too unless it is some Defence mission, which I find to be boring.

yes I solo bounties most of the time, especially T4 and T5. solo it's completely lag free and most of the times it's easier solo, at least for me. there are lots of frames that make it easy. loki, nova, mesa, rhino, even a max range firequake ember.

enemy sense can be put on the exilus slot, since nothing too powerful can go there I don't think it's wasted. especially in the plains where enemies sometimes are tough to see or hiding in some bushes.

I'm just going to chime in that if beating a specific mission requires a specific mod, build, Warframe, weapon, etc...it is not designed well.  Part of what makes Warframe interesting is choice, and when a certain choice becomes mandatory to succeed, that is no longer an actual choice.