Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex (Prime) disheartening report

tekmansam

After an extended hiatus, I came back and began to toy around with all the new systems, and rediscover some of my favorite weapons.  I may be mistaken, but something in my recollection seems to say that the Lex once had a much more satisfying--KRAKOW--but after getting my hands on the Lex Prime, I discovered that it either has a different sound profile, or my memory cannot be trusted.

My real point here is that the Lex Prime (and possibly the Lex) has, what is for me, a very unsatisfying sound.  It is less KRAKOW, and more pew-pew.  I feel that a hard-hitting, magnum style, Tenno pistol, deserves a sound that matches the devastation.  Sound isn't something that I ordinarily pay a lot of attention to, but in this instance, I found that it turned me off from a weapon that I might have otherwise enjoyed very much.

As with the melee sounds, I think certain classic/iconic weapons need a much deserved sound pass.  While some weapons may be decidedly better or worse, with enough love, any weapon can be viable.  It all comes down to the "feel" of the weapon.  How it handles.  How it looks.  And, indeed, how it sounds.  I've always understood the importance of sound and music in movies and television, but the sound designers are perhaps the unsung heroes of game design.  I'd like to thank the design team for all their hard work, and encourage them to keep it up.

Edited by tekmansam

It seems to be much louder for weapons sound in older footage, but currently the gun sounds is kind of washed out

To the extend that they sounded kind of like BB guns.

The director didn't re-process the gun sounds... and for people who have fired live ammunition you can actually tell this is pretty much how it sounds like.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like the "weird" sounding weapons that aren't just a bang. The Marelok is probably my favorite. All those spins and whippy noises. Lex Prime sounds pretty good in my opinion, there's an initial report with a sort of ringing sound underneath. Makes it sound fancy I guess? Which is basically the point of prime weapons.