Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Needs Gambling Elements(This Game Has Little Replayabillity/just An Idea)!

W4RM4CHIN3

Mostly every MMO out there has a gambling elements, this is essential for the longer term. For example the game Vindictus has a enhancing and enchanting system that allows you to upgrade your gear. Sure we have that it's called mods...there comes a point where you farm all mods and what is left? This game has no end game because all the content is blown right away. In Vindictus if you go past a certain level then try to upgrade  more and it fails...well it breaks, if it succeeds it rewards you greatly with big damage boost. This system has proven to work quite well for this game and many others like Rusty Hearts. Sure different genres but they are all Grindfests like here.

Fortune favors the bold, and the people who take risks, i just feel this game has no replayability. It's like well i got Split Chamber so now I'm done for the rest of my time here. What the developers should do is overhaul the the drop rates and mod system. Each mod can only go into one Weapon/Warframe. You will be given the chance to infuse the mod into the gun/frame. Once infused It is permanent and cannot be swapped to another gun, once process is done if it matches the polarity gives you +3-5% boost to the final %. If you choose not to infuse the final output of the mod is cut by half, but you still have the choice to switch between weapons. If people are thinking well i can't find a split chamber for the love of god. DE should increase the drop rates and increase the drop rate exponentially  in Nightmare mode. This gives people a goal, as it is now i have every mod ever made...i have nothing else to do. And it's barely in it's early stages, i don't see myself playing longer if i have no goals or content to re grind.

Once the mod infused and reaches it's capacity you will get a choice to upgrade twice more. Next upgrade is 50% success rate and multiplies the final outcome by 20%, second upgrade is 40% success it multiplies the final outcome by 30%. If it fails, it is destroyed and you get half of the energy needed converted into Fusion Cores. Even if you used only mods, half the energy needed is converted into cores to be used on any other mod. If it is destroyed you have to farm the mod again, keep in mind they should increase drop rates higher and energy needed to level up lower. I know Serration takes a S#&$ ton of mods to level up, but maybe DE should decrease the amount by 50%

This also fixes the problem with no Credit sinkholes. The majority of the community is sitting on 1mil+ Credits and nothing to waste it on. This system may not be perfect but it is an idea, some may hate and some may love it, But it's my idea of an end game. Variables can change i made them up on the spot.

Thanks for reading

Edited by W4RM4CHIN3

Eh, true, it's not REALLY gambling in the sense of risk vs reward, but since when did tenno find time to gamble? Or the want for that matter?

Since we got Old Western Revolvers. I feel the need to be in s space saloon drinking and gambling...

I dislike the idea because it would negatively change the mod and polarity system. Polarities already cut the cost of mods in half, and yet you want to make the matching process even more powerful? Warframe thrives on customization, and cutting a mod's stat bonuses by half just to transfer it between weapons is incredibly punishing. The upgrading mod part sounds too much like Vindictus's enhancing, which is already an incredibly terrible system due to shifty RNG (+1 for Seal Shop). Plus, if the upgrades actually succeeded, it would make mods overpowered.

I played Vindictus as a Sword Lann, getting end-game armor and Demains, but even so, I never liked its RNG. I went to Warframe because at least the loot and upgrading system were more fair and straightforward (even if datamining was required).

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Since we got Old Western Revolvers. I feel the need to be in s space saloon drinking and gambling...

Eh... :P

On the notation of destroying mods if you fail an upgrade NO, GOD NO, F*** NO! What a terrible idea! "Hey, I finally got my -INSERT SUPER RARE MOD HERE- Now to enchant it aaand it's gone. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Eh... :P

On the notation of destroying mods if you fail an upgrade NO, GOD NO, F*** NO! What a terrible idea! "Hey, I finally got my -INSERT SUPER RARE MOD HERE- Now to enchant it aaand it's gone. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

I think i mentioned something about increasing drop rates exponentially. Not as rare as before... 

You talk about goals mate... if you have everything and that was your goal, wait for the new stuff, thats how games are, they deliver content, and once you burn it down, once you finish off the content the game has done what it was intended, unless it delivers new content.

I myself have most of the stuff I want, what I do is implement new goals based on what we already have.

Gambling isnt the answer for wf, we already are too reliant on a punishing RNG system.

Just my opinion, though.

So you're idea to "increase replayability" is to make the grind even harder and less rewarding because you know that if you want to have multiple things with a super rare mod you're going to be spending dozens of hours farming it up for every single weapon you might use it on?

And then have a chance to lose it when you upgrade it?

That's not replayability, that's just added grind with a chance to lose dozens, if not near a hundred, hours of grind.

I think i mentioned something about increasing drop rates exponentially. Not as rare as before... 

Even then it's all up to RNG to drop the right mod, -1 for destroying mods, -1 for random upgrades to the mod (i.e. there will always be a best upgrade), -1 for gambling in a space ninja setting, just -1 overall.

Ok, since apparently no one knows how to watch a livestream: The devs have discussed an incoming "black market" trader where you will be able to take your mods and take a chance on fusing them into an otherwise unattainable rare mod. Closest to gambling you are probably gonna get.

Ok, since apparently no one knows how to watch a livestream: The devs have discussed an incoming "black market" trader where you will be able to take your mods and take a chance on fusing them into an otherwise unattainable rare mod. Closest to gambling you are probably gonna get.

But that is FAR different from taking your favorite mod, and trying to enchant it with new stats. (but yeah, closest to gambling that's gonna happen hopefully)

while no premium currency is involved, it would be fine to have a roulette that give you random mods/items for credits, and if you ask why the no premium currency involved with gambling, take a look at cosmic breaks situation, greedy japanese devs taking moar and moar money just for the players to have a chance to get the BEST gear, chances are 1000 against one, children waste hundreds to get gear the next month will be obsolete, i definitely dont want this to happen to warframe

Mostly every MMO out there has a gambling elements, this is essential for the longer term. For example the game Vindictus has a enhancing and enchanting system that allows you to upgrade your gear. Sure we have that it's called mods...there comes a point where you farm all mods and what is left? This game has no end game because all the content is blown right away. In Vindictus if you go past a certain level then try to upgrade  more and it fails...well it breaks, if it succeeds it rewards you greatly with big damage boost. This system has proven to work quite well for this game and many others like Rusty Hearts. Sure different genres but they are all Grindfests like here.

Fortune favors the bold, and the people who take risks, i just feel this game has no replayability. It's like well i got Split Chamber so now I'm done for the rest of my time here. What the developers should do is overhaul the the drop rates and mod system. Each mod can only go into one Weapon/Warframe. You will be given the chance to infuse the mod into the gun/frame. Once infused It is permanent and cannot be swapped to another gun, once process is done if it matches the polarity gives you +3-5% boost to the final %. If you choose not to infuse the final output of the mod is cut by half, but you still have the choice to switch between weapons. If people are thinking well i can't find a split chamber for the love of god. DE should increase the drop rates and increase the drop rate exponentially  in Nightmare mode. This gives people a goal, as it is now i have every mod ever made...i have nothing else to do. And it's barely in it's early stages, i don't see myself playing longer if i have no goals or content to re grind.

Once the mod infused and reaches it's capacity you will get a choice to upgrade twice more. Next upgrade is 50% success rate and multiplies the final outcome by 20%, second upgrade is 40% success it multiplies the final outcome by 30%. If it fails, it is destroyed and you get half of the energy needed converted into Fusion Cores. Even if you used only mods, half the energy needed is converted into cores to be used on any other mod. If it is destroyed you have to farm the mod again, keep in mind they should increase drop rates higher and energy needed to level up lower. I know Serration takes a S#&$ ton of mods to level up, but maybe DE should decrease the amount by 50%

This also fixes the problem with no Credit sinkholes. The majority of the community is sitting on 1mil+ Credits and nothing to waste it on. This system may not be perfect but it is an idea, some may hate and some may love it, But it's my idea of an end game. Variables can change i made them up on the spot.

Thanks for reading

I complete disagree with this, fortune doesn't always favors the bold, most of the time fortune favors the ones willing to shill out real money for for an "enhancement chance booster", one reason I love this game is because I don't have to worry about farming split chamber for a week and only to have it break because luck was not on my side or I didn't shill out real money.

We already have RNG for a lot of items, we don't need another form of RNG in this game.