Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why what Kubrows and Kavats needs is must be DNA Stablizer?

DroopingPuppy

Honestly, it makes me disgust to even touch them. It means that they are made as an unstable lifeform and need to be stablized periodically. So it means that what we create will have a flaw on their life, only for our purpose.

Well, can't we just feed them the foods to manage them, rather than the injections that needs to the entire of their lifespan? Spend some resource to feed them is acceptable, but make a life that only sustained by the drug seems baffled and just make me disgusted. Is it anything better than the Grineers? I don't think so. It is not the proper treatment for the so called 'companions'. It is no more than view them as a biological weapons, rather than view them as a pet and a life. Why we can't just raise a life that doesn't rely on the injection to survive?

...If I ever know about that before, then I will never touch the quest Howl of the Kubrow at all. It is the only mistake what have I done in Warframe.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

4 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

I think it's to make them more rewarding for new players when they finally have enough credits to afford them. Or something like that anyway...

While I am not so satisfied for the extra payment too, but that's not the point at all. The point is, why the item that sustain them is DNA Stabilizer, which means that we made the flawed lifeform that rely on the drugs to live. Why we can't just feed them the foods instead?

Edited by DroopingPuppy

26 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

It means that they are made as an unstable lifeform and need to be stablized periodically. So it means that what we create will have a flaw on their life, only for our purpose.

Kubrows and kavats Have unstable DNA because of cloning. Look at the grineer, they suffer from cloning decay. Even look at how real cloning works - the produced organism suffers from a shortened life spam (due to an issue with the DNA).

We use DNA stabilisers to prevent the issue of unstable DNA. At worst, you need one stabiliser per 4 days (one per 8 with the upgrade). So, one pack lasts three whole weeks. For me personally, this is a negligible charge. If we had to feed them, it would be exactly the same cost. Besides, why else do they bite the enemies?

OP isn't commenting on the mechanic here guys. He/she is making a point about the morality of intentionally creating a life form that can only be sustained by injecting it periodically with a gene stabilizing chemical compound, as opposed to actually breeding an animal, loving it, and caring for it as you would a pet in real life. It's something I hadn't ever really thought about before, but I can understand how someone could have a problem with it from a moral standpoint.

In response to the OP though, I will say that Warframe's whole overarching theme is pretty grim with regard to morality. Even the Tenno, as the "good guys", are little more than a very loosely organized group of mercenaries that fight pretty much anyone at the drop of a hat. Sure, we will protect the weak when the opportunity arises, but more often than not, we are just bouncing back and forth between the Corpus and Grineer, with no clear agenda of our own. And that's not even going into the circumstances surrounding the falling out between the Tenno and the Orokin, or the yet to be revealed true nature of the Warframes themselves. Everything about this game's morality is painted in shades of gray, with no truly clear good guys or bad guys, so cloning a mutant critter in a vat on board our orbiters is hardly out of place when it comes to morality.

Morality is always, at best, a grey area in Warframe.  As sh00chu aptly noted above.

I mean look at how you actually acquire a Kubrow egg as an extra example;  Go around warrantlessly smashing Kubrow dens on Earth.  Kubrow who are passive to players by default until attacked mind you.

On an unrelated note - I remember the relief and wonder the NPCs showed at the beginning of the Glast questline. That part when you walk in to protect the colony from the infested. The NPCs react to you with soundbytes of awe, wonder at the reality of the Tenno vs the myth, desperate begging now that you were aboard the colony etc. We Tenno, we're not wholly bad guys or even immoral. And I loved the feeling of power I got from the NPCs walking in. Made me fight harder and smarter when the infested started rolling around. Now I have to go to the index to rescue a bunch of kids? Im off to the Index. Good guy Tenno me. 

And Im bringing my mutant dog with me packed with the Hunter mod set. 

You know, as soon as I realized my companion was dying I was bummed.  I'm new so too broke to keep healing it so I said goodbye and put it in stasis till I am rolling in dough.  I don't know if I ever will wake it. I don't went a pet constantly dying.   

Is she dreaming in stasis?  Now I'm really bummed thinking about it. Maybe I'll just wake it and sell it and find her a rich home. 

Would be nice if they didn't decay unless it was brought into battle.  That way it can just roam my ship greeting me without me worrying that its dying.

Edited by (PS4)DocToolhead

11 hours ago, (PS4)DocToolhead said:

You know, as soon as I realized my companion was dying I was bummed.  I'm new so too broke to keep healing it so I said goodbye and put it in stasis till I am rolling in dough.  I don't know if I ever will wake it. I don't went a pet constantly dying.   

Is she dreaming in stasis?  Now I'm really bummed thinking about it. Maybe I'll just wake it and sell it and find her a rich home. 

Would be nice if they didn't decay unless it was brought into battle.  That way it can just roam my ship greeting me without me worrying that its dying.

if you don't make it battle ready it will stay a baby and wander around the ship.  

in response to the OP I did notice this a while ago and while it did hit my moral core i got over it quick.  I am a Mercenary space ninja I don't have time to raise a pet when i need to fight off legions of Grineer.  If they are clones then they are progammable and expendable.  They may have feeling but they are soulless creature incubated in a tube.  They are battle ready and loyal so if i can clone an expendable soldier I'll do it as opposed to capturing a baby taking it from it's home and using Michael Vick Tactics to train it to be a merciless killing machine.