Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inactivity Issue

Wagonbomb

I'm going to go ahead and give DE the benefit of the doubt here and call this a bug. Why the hell do I get inactivity penalty if I'm the top damage in my party with the most kills? 

I'm Ember Prime with WoF running while I stay in the center of the map, like anyone with common sense would do to be efficient. 

"HURR DURR MOVE AROUND" isn't what I'm looking for as an answer. I'm actively casting an ability and expending my energy. I'm clearly not "inactive"

3 minutes ago, Wagonbomb said:

AKA Being Ember Prime.

That is not how I would play Ember Prime. So, it isn't really "Being Ember Prime".

If you do not move for 2 minutes(?) you get marked as AFK. I believe this also happens as Banshee. You were "AFK", because you were not moving. Just jump, walk in a circle, shoot something etc every wave. The system is designed to AFK people that do not move, because they are usually AFK - a few people get caught out by their playstyle (which is what your problem was). 

12 minutes ago, Wagonbomb said:

I'm actively casting an ability and expending my energy

Actively casting implies hitting a button more than once. Energy expenditure can be a result of eximus units. And kills can be a result of pets/sentinels.

Kills from World on Fire are pretty easy to register. It's an ability in which you do no have to move. Why even have something like this exist if they're going to have some ridiculous penalty mechanic to mess with people just playing the game? 

Sounds like an excuse for lazy coding to me. 

14 minutes ago, Wagonbomb said:

people just playing the game

I believe the concept of "Playing the game" involves moving around. Not AFKing and letting an ability do everything. From this standpoint, the penalty is justified.

Personally, I do not see why we even need an AFK system. It seems to penalise genuine players far more than people that just want to AFK.

If they really think that ability is going to be a problem why even bother including it then? Don't give the players something to use and then give them some bullS#&$ penalty for using it as designed. That's just asinine. 

Edited by Wagonbomb

Just now, KaizergidorahXi said:

Its to keep people from doing exactly what you're doing, standing still, killing everything without any effort. That's not playing the game, that's watching the game play itself.

Care to explain why the skill exists then? No effort? Is the 900 hours I put into the game to be able to run this build "not effort"?

Just now, Wagonbomb said:

Care to explain why the skill exists then? No effort? Is the 900 hours I put into the game to be able to run this build "not effort"?

The skill exists to AUGMENT your gameplay, like every other skill in the game.  Honestly WOF is completely broken and people should not be able to get top kills from just standing around, but there are already countless topics on that.

Just now, KaizergidorahXi said:

The skill exists to AUGMENT your gameplay, like every other skill in the game.  Honestly WOF is completely broken and people should not be able to get top kills from just standing around, but there are already countless topics on that.

So the issue isn't me using a skill as it was designed. It's DE being sloppy with their development. Now that we got that cleared up it would be nice to get something here fixed. 

5 minutes ago, Wagonbomb said:

So the issue isn't me using a skill as it was designed. It's DE being sloppy with their development. Now that we got that cleared up it would be nice to get something here fixed. 

The thing that needs fixed is the skill, not the system that keeps you from cheesing the game with a broken skill.

1 minute ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

The thing that needs fixed is the skill, not the system that keeps you from cheesing the game with a broken skill.

Still blaming the users for doing things with what they were given, huh? It's not my fault I used it how it was designed, bro. Stats say I did the most work at the end of the round. I live by results, not technicalities. 

9 minutes ago, Wagonbomb said:

Still blaming the users for doing things with what they were given, huh? It's not my fault I used it how it was designed

I guess the question is: why can you not use it AND move?

I run a high damage Ember build for stuff. I still run around and do things. The skill was never intended to be used as a push 4 and not move for 5 minutes skill. It was designed to be a somewhat decent AoE ability.

Ember WoF being broken is debatable (I do not think it is), the issue is the playstyle. If you want to stand still and not move, you get marked as AFK, simple.

Side note: you might be able to use your operator to avoid the AFK system. Frame>max energy>push 4. Push 5 to operator and run around. 

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I guess the question is: why can you not use it AND move?

I run a high damage Ember build for stuff. I still run around and do things. The skill was never intended to be used as a push 4 and not move for 5 minutes skill. It was designed to be a somewhat decent AoE ability.

Ember WoF being broken is debatable (I do not think it is), the issue is the playstyle. If you want to stand still and not move, you get marked as AFK, simple.

Side note: you might be able to use your operator to avoid the AFK system. Frame>max energy>push 4. Push 5 to operator and run around. 

All I was doing was help some friends while getting some actual work done myself on another screen. I tabbed in to collect loot between the 5 runs. Seems pretty reasonable. 

1 minute ago, Wagonbomb said:

All I was doing was help some friends while getting some actual work done myself on another screen

So, you were AFK, and you got marked as AFK. Sounds fair to me. 

Alt+Tab and doing work on other screens is not playing Warframe.

I'm not AFK, I'm actually present right here at the keyboard watching the same and interacting with the players in the match at the same time even. That's on the other hand, pretty active to me. How about this, I'll put a stack of nickels on my W key and ACTUALLY walk away from my keyboard next time. Guess what, that will work. 

Edited by Wagonbomb

7 hours ago, Wagonbomb said:

All I was doing was help some friends while getting some actual work done myself on another screen. I tabbed in to collect loot between the 5 runs. Seems pretty reasonable. 

Gr8 b8 m8.