Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ditch current discharge and turn it into a giant Flash Accellerant

ADirtyMonk

Why not just save the trouble of trying to balance range/stun time/damage cap and drop Discharge in its current form. Its not as though we dont have enough frames with ults that are effectively large AOE CC and or Nukes.

An electric version of Flash Accelerant with a scaling X second stun and a fast cast time will:

• give damage to satisfy both melee and gun users
  • help amp Volt's ridiculously weak 1
  • synergize with electric shield
  • expand volt's role as a DPS support
  • retain some thematically appropriate CC
  • still require the player/squad to kill enemies and wont intrude on frames with AOE nuke abilities or frames with AOE CC abilities

Currently my ember build has: 178% duration, 75% eff, 145% range, 199% strength which gives 99% bonus fire damage with a x4.97 heat damage multiplier in a 29m radius, for 53 seconds at a cost of 63 energy. This build is actually unsustainable without Arcane energize (granted have not tested with stacked Rage-Adrenaline) as FA needs to be cast for every group of enemies in lv 80+ content especially if enemies are armored. Given that this is an ultimate we are talking about these numbers wouldnt be unreasonable as base values for the skill along with a 100 base energy cost. Edit: and no it wouldnt be too powerful of a buff when electric damage is resisted by a lot of enemy types and we have warframes like Chroma, Mirage, Octavia who can both easily carry around a a >500% universal damage buff and tank/avoid being hit significantly better than volt.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

11 minutes ago, ADirtyMonk said:

Why not just save the trouble of trying to balance range/stun time/damage cap and drop Discharge in its current form. Its not as though we dont have enough frames with ults that are effectively large AOE CC and or Nukes.

An electric version of Flash Accelerant with a scaling X second stun and a fast cast time will:

• give damage to satisfy both melee and gun users
  • help amp Volt's ridiculously weak 1
  • synergize with electric shield
  • expand volt's role as a DPS support
  • retain some thematically appropriate CC
  • still require the player/squad to kill enemies and wont intrude on frames with AOE nuke abilities or frames with AOE CC abilities

Currently my ember build has: 178% duration, 75% eff, 145% range, 199% strength which gives 99% bonus fire damage with a x4.97 heat damage multiplier in a 29m radius, for 53 seconds at a cost of 63 energy. This build is actually unsustainable without Arcane energize (granted have not tested with stacked Rage-Adrenaline) as FA needs to be cast for every group of enemies in lv 80+ content especially if enemies are armored. Given that this is an ultimate we are talking about these would base values within this range with a 100 base energy cost wouldnt be unreasonable.

Should also disable robotic enemies

2 minutes ago, ACULonSeer said:

Should also disable robotic enemies

That's what the scaling x second CC is for and at this point I'll take anything reasonable that's not another AOE CC/nuke and more importantly actually complements the rest of Volt's kit.

Edited by ADirtyMonk

2 hours ago, ADirtyMonk said:

expand volt's role as a DPS support

Coulda said a lotta things about this post but I think this is the important part.

Solidly assigning Volt an archetype to mold around is the first step to an actual proper rework.

I've been somewhat bemused by the developer's repeated decisions to keep buffing the damage of Discharge despite the overall futility of that task. Not inclined to disagree with the decision presented in the last hotfix, but it probably didn't help they kept trying to jump Discharge's damage.

Volt

So heres some captura i did yesterday, and i was thinking when i saw this post that volt kind of alread does these things with his animations, his abilities just dont work that way...DE puts alot of work into art no one will ever really be able to appreciate...

Discharge should be a really quick think that electrically charges the surrounding environment...in a way, itll be the physical embodiment of speeds description. Speed when cast can also charge smaller areas. This boosts static energy generation, causes sheilds to drain surrounding static energy and hit any nearby targets, and boosts volts shock ability...idk. Sounds cool as something like accelerant, but as the ult, i think it just needs to give more or be less restrictive, thus i never understood the need to deny aircasting...

VoltVoltVolt