Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

STUCK AT MR 23

(PSN)MashAuto

1 hour ago, (PS4)MashAuto said:

If you don't believe me have a go at it again and see for yourself. 

I just did. It was trivially, trivially easy. Just like the first time I did it, I ran around in a circle and just beamed the orb. The only thinking you need to do is to pick up energy refills as they spawn and to keep toggling your sprint on. I had to void dash a single time when I messed up my pathing but that was the only complication at all. I maintain that this is one of the easiest MR tests of them all, I really don't understand everybody's problem with it.

Maybe it's more difficult with a controller? Given the slow pace of the mission I wouldn't think so but I'm a PC/keyboard & mouse player so I wouldn't know.

PS: I saw some people mention in this thread that you could slide in there. Is there some trick to that? Because I tried and there was no sliding for that test.

Edited by Snib

2 hours ago, Snib said:

I just did. It was trivially, trivially easy. Just like the first time I did it, I ran around in a circle and just beamed the orb. The only thinking you need to do is to pick up energy refills as they spawn and to keep toggling your sprint on. I had to void dash a single time when I messed up my pathing but that was the only complication at all. I maintain that this is one of the easiest MR tests of them all, I really don't understand everybody's problem with it.

Maybe it's more difficult with a controller? Given the slow pace of the mission I wouldn't think so but I'm a PC/keyboard & mouse player so I wouldn't know.

PS: I saw some people mention in this thread that you could slide in there. Is there some trick to that? Because I tried and there was no sliding for that test.

Maybe it's the controller i honestly don't know why it's so difficult for me. Many people replying did it before the update that's why they keep saying slide or shoot orb from outside the circle. I'll keep trying though. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)MashAuto said:

Maybe it's the controller i honestly don't know why it's so difficult for me. Many people replying did it before the update that's why they keep saying slide or shoot orb from outside the circle. I'll keep trying though. 

What circle? You mean from behind the walls where the energy pickups spawn? What's the problem with that? I had no problem shooting the orb from there earlier.

5 hours ago, (PS4)MashAuto said:

Honestly, i have tried every suggestion here but still failed. If you did the test before eidolon update then it's not the same anymore. You can't shoot the orb from outside the ring anymore, damage dealt was reduced from 750 to 600 (how is this fair) the orb regenerates back every time you run to collect energy never mind your slow and squidgy operator is being chased the whole time. Oh and did i mention the timer. If you don't believe me have a go at it again and see for yourself. 

Yeah, I am kind of wondering if it’s the PS4 control that’s giving you difficulty. 

I did my test after PoE because I remember I was telling someone that maybe the Mote Amp would make things easier, but, nope, I found out during the practice that you can’t use the amp.

Anyway, I completely understand the frustration you have with the test and good luck to you.

44 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

Yeah, I am kind of wondering if it’s the PS4 control that’s giving you difficulty. 

I did my test after PoE because I remember I was telling someone that maybe the Mote Amp would make things easier, but, nope, I found out during the practice that you can’t use the amp.

Anyway, I completely understand the frustration you have with the test and good luck to you.

Yup no mote amp either. Thanks,  I'll keep trying. 

Just now, (PS4)MashAuto said:

Yeah you can't shoot from behind the walls anymore. 

Since it works on PC, that sounds like a bug on PS4. And I can see how this challenge would be very much more difficult on PS4 then, it's finally starting to make sense.

Edited by Snib

14 minutes ago, Snib said:

Since it works on PC, that sounds like a bug on PS4. And I can see how this challenge would be very much more difficult on PS4 then, it's finally starting to make sense.

Yup. Maybe i should wait for DE to fix the bug then. Right now it's just not possible for me to do it. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)MashAuto said:

Maybe it's the controller

That explains everything. I found the test trivially easy, but if I were presented with a shooter game and a controller I'd try biting a chunk out of the controller and throw it out the window as soon as I've established that it's not edible.

4 hours ago, Mudfam said:

That explains everything. I found the test trivially easy, but if I were presented with a shooter game and a controller I'd try biting a chunk out of the controller and throw it out the window as soon as I've established that it's not edible.

Not easy for console players. 

It can't be that hard. I have put in ZERO investment into my operator and it was still super easy. All I did was just run in a large circle picking up the energy orbs as I went around shooting the orb. Just practice it a couple times and you should be good.

Also I use a controller for WF, albeit a Xbox controller, but a controller none the less.

Edited by nickelshark

7 hours ago, nickelshark said:

It can't be that hard. I have put in ZERO investment into my operator and it was still super easy. All I did was just run in a large circle picking up the energy orbs as I went around shooting the orb. Just practice it a couple times and you should be good.

Also I use a controller for WF, albeit a Xbox controller, but a controller none the less.

Mind you, i have invested heavily on the operator but the test is standard for everyone whether you grind to improve the operator or not.