The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok, Got Myself Blueprint For Shade...ooops...

Lucilius

Question

I bought myself a blueprint for the SHADE sentinel...

...and now I think it is FIRMLY etched in my brain cells that stuff in this game needs COMPONENTS!!!!!

...GAH!

...am such a noob. Can't build the SHADE cuz I gots no components...not complete anyway.

...same story with my BANSHEE, RHINO...etc.

Oooh, lookie, perhaps I should join a clan...nah....not yet I suppose...uh...

yeh.

25 answers to this question

If it's a blueprint... then it requires materials to build. I thought that was obvious. The blueprint doesn't just materialize a weapon/warframe out of thin air right?

Blueprint = building plan and material list.

Edited by AXCrusnik

The worst part is the Control Module required for both a new Warframe and Sentinel. It takes forever for a new player to reach the point where you can get one of those. They really need to remove that component or otherwise make new Warframes and Sentinels more accessible for newer players.

Warframe is built to be a cooperative environment from the ground up.You'll need a clan or dedicated group to get anywhere, as it does not cater to solo players. That said, I'd be happy to help you.

My several hundred hours of solo play all the way up through Pluto and various t3 missions beg to differ.

All that really requires group play are high-level defense missions, which don't actually give you anything you can't get from anywhere else. Warframe is entirely viable as a solo game.

Hell, now that costs have been made reasonable, one can even make a solo clan to get the clan weapons. The only part that would even be time consuming is getting the Formas.

The worst part is the Control Module required for both a new Warframe and Sentinel. It takes forever for a new player to reach the point where you can get one of those. They really need to remove that component or otherwise make new Warframes and Sentinels more accessible for newer players.

Sentinels should not be accessible for new players. Just as Supra, Gorgon, Flux, Paris Prime, etc.

Which is why the forums are often flooded with "Solo is too hard!". It's fine if you're a good player, have money to throw around or already have what you need (For various reasons), but Warframe is designed to be cooperative.

"Bad players can be carried in group" doesn't really say much about whether a game is designed to be exclusively cooperative. I used to get my friend from across the road to come over and help me beat Mario, but that doesn't mean that the game was designed to exclude eight year olds playing for themselves.

The game is designed for a certain degree of difficulty, and some of that difficulty is reduced if one plays co-op. The game is also designed to function in co-op, so that co-op is a viable option. Neither of these mean that it is designed to exclude solo play. If solo play was meant to be disallowed, it would either be directly disallowed or made mechanically impossible. The game is not "designed to be cooperative", it is designed to support co-op and be slightly easier in co-op.

Which is why the forums are often flooded with "Solo is too hard!". It's fine if you're a good player, have money to throw around or already have what you need (For various reasons), but Warframe is designed to be cooperative.

I personally solo, but that's just because I have had far more bad multiplayer experiences than good ones in warframe (and every other online game tbh...). Senseless argument and fighting is just a headache to read, but for some strange reason it's hard to just not read any of it when it keeps going on. Bah.

Tips to solo well: Max your shield mod when you get it (within reason). It's a life-saver. Also, don't rush into rooms. Try to get a good position near various cover positions. Finally: don't think it's unforgivable to grind a mission you've completed if you feel like you need some more experience/mods. Don't rush yourself if you're not ready.

If it's a blueprint... then it requires materials to build. I thought that was obvious. The blueprint doesn't just materialize a weapon/warframe out of thin air right?

Blueprint = building plan and material list.

Yep. I guess I was just so focused on getting blueprints to even care to research about what components are needed. Having said that, I did get nanospores from somewhere even though I am still far from any system that has nanospores.

Warframe is built to be a cooperative environment from the ground up.You'll need a clan or dedicated group to get anywhere, as it does not cater to solo players. That said, I'd be happy to help you.

And I'd be happy to accept such help...except for one thing...lag.

I barely get any team online because of it. If the ISP's of my country would just wise-up and give first-world quality internet connections, then more people would be online and in the end, that makes them more money but NOOOOOO, they INSIST on doing it the st**id way.

By any chance you be in Asia?

Edited by Lucilius

Eh, sooner or later I'll get to where it can be found.

In the meantime I think I'll be taking a right towards Earth instead of a left towards Jupiter.

It's like saying, ' I bought a mansion blueprint, but wait, I thought it has the materials'.

Uhuh. Very noobie is me. But getting wiser.

My several hundred hours of solo play all the way up through Pluto and various t3 missions beg to differ.

All that really requires group play are high-level defense missions, which don't actually give you anything you can't get from anywhere else. Warframe is entirely viable as a solo game.

Hell, now that costs have been made reasonable, one can even make a solo clan to get the clan weapons. The only part that would even be time consuming is getting the Formas.

I got a FORMA from a login reward.

Solo is ok, I get to do my thing. But co-op is good too, I don't get to do my thing but at least its group-cooperation towards a goal.

"Bad players can be carried in group" doesn't really say much about whether a game is designed to be exclusively cooperative. I used to get my friend from across the road to come over and help me beat Mario, but that doesn't mean that the game was designed to exclude eight year olds playing for themselves.

The game is designed for a certain degree of difficulty, and some of that difficulty is reduced if one plays co-op. The game is also designed to function in co-op, so that co-op is a viable option. Neither of these mean that it is designed to exclude solo play. If solo play was meant to be disallowed, it would either be directly disallowed or made mechanically impossible. The game is not "designed to be cooperative", it is designed to support co-op and be slightly easier in co-op.

Am sort of a "bad player" still. But am getting better. I actually played with noobier noobs than me, but I know they are getting better too. 

I also played with ultra-good players with awesome everything and still got beat. Imagine my reaction when all 3 of them fell, leaving me alone to try and stop the Grineer from swarming, which they were doing already.

I personally solo, but that's just because I have had far more bad multiplayer experiences than good ones in warframe (and every other online game tbh...). Senseless argument and fighting is just a headache to read, but for some strange reason it's hard to just not read any of it when it keeps going on. Bah.

Tips to solo well: Max your shield mod when you get it (within reason). It's a life-saver. Also, don't rush into rooms. Try to get a good position near various cover positions. Finally: don't think it's unforgivable to grind a mission you've completed if you feel like you need some more experience/mods. Don't rush yourself if you're not ready.

I prefer solo a lot of times too, but co-op is also great and the reason why I don't get to do it much is because, as the game says, I got disconnected from the game because all other player's ping is too high.

That's when I know the game is just being polite because I know it is MY PING that is too high.

That said, I don't have much trouble playing MechWarrior Online. And that game, THAT is a co-op team vs team game with no solo-play whatsoever. And I don't have to wait long to get into a MWO match. A few seconds after launch and the game starts, (unless it hangs, which WarFrame never did).  

I guess its because Australia has a good BattleTech fanbase.

Edited by Lucilius

And I'd be happy to accept such help...except for one thing...lag.

I barely get any team online because of it. If the ISP's of my country would just wise-up and give first-world quality internet connections, then more people would be online and in the end, that makes them more money but NOOOOOO, they INSIST on doing it the st**id way.

By any chance you be in Asia?

I'm in New Zealand. I've played games for years, so compensating for latency is no big deal :P Trust me, I know about terribad ISPs; our maximum  residential upload speed is 150kbps, which is actively enforced nation-wide :|

I'm in New Zealand. I've played games for years, so compensating for latency is no big deal :P Trust me, I know about terribad ISPs; our maximum  residential upload speed is 150kbps, which is actively enforced nation-wide :|

Ours are advertised as "As fast as..." or something to that effect. So add me if you want to.

Edited by Lucilius

Solo players can still get the materials required for any build. What the heck are you talking about? Doesn't cater to solo players... Yeah ok.

Exactly.

Control Modules? I got 6 of those. I was like all "Magnificent Clan Leader! Please take me to Hyena! I beg of Thee!" And he was like all "Sure, homes. Dat Hyena's like an MOA with more health." And then I kept dying. And then he killed the Hyena. And then it dropped 3 Control Modules. And when I looked in my inventory, I had 6. So I must have gotten a few others on that same mish.

TL;DR: Join a clan. Harass the leader. Get stuffs really easily.

Sentinels should not be accessible for new players. Just as Supra, Gorgon, Flux, Paris Prime, etc.

They aren't xp locked.  They should most certainly be accessible to new players.  The control module requirement is just a cash grab to try and get new players to spend plat on them.

They aren't xp locked.  They should most certainly be accessible to new players.  The control module requirement is just a cash grab to try and get new players to spend plat on them.

It's not XP locked, but it requires rare resources. That's why it's not available for new players.

If you can't afford something, play, go through planets one by one, and finally you'll get your control module. Or if you want your sentinel NOW, you want Dethcube to fly around your Mag with mk-1 Braton, Lato, Skana and only Pull unlocked, ask someone to help you farm it.

Unless you're antisociall freak.