Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

All my Game data gone?

Rexyash

Ok, so this is my first time here and I am not happy at all.

The game was running fine until yesterday and I was happily farming [Orthos Prime] and then I closed my PC and went to sleep.

When I woke up today and logged into Steam it forgot I had an account and asked me to log in again. So I did. Then I found out Warframe had vanished from the library. I received a heart attack. It started downloading the whole thing again when I checked in store. I checked in my Steam Library Folder and saw that the game was here but earlier it was 22.4 GB and now it was 18.6 GB. I have a potato connection (500 KBPS, tops) and I seriously don't want to download the whole thing again. But if it is necessary I would download it as it is the weekend and I can leave my PC running all night but the thing I am worried about is the 5 GB worth of patches I would have to download via the launcher as the launcher reduces my speed to about 10 KBPS. Is there any way to avoid all this? Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely

ClawHunter07

Edited by Rexyash

1. Wrong forum.

2. There is no way around re-downloading the files Steam already deleted. There is a way from preventing Steam trying to update the game to an outdated version (which I assume is currently happening) but that's a bit complicated and I'd rather not go there. If it helps, Warframe is 25.3 GB on my system.

There is also a non-Steam installer for the game, btw.

PS: As to why your Steam install got corrupted, that's another question. Might be software or hardware related (e.g. failing harddrive). I can say Steam never "forgot" one of my games yet.

Edited by Snib
typo

12 hours ago, Snib said:

1. Wrong forum.

2. There is no way around re-downloading the files Steam already deleted. There is a way from preventing Steam trying to update the game to an outdated version (which I assume is currently happening) but that's a bit complicated and I'd rather not go there. If it helps, Warframe is 25.3 GB on my system.

There is also a non-Steam installer for the game, btw.

PS: As to why your Steam install got corrupted, that's another question. Might be software or hardware related (e.g. failing harddrive). I can say Steam never "forgot" one of my games yet.

1. What's the correct forum? (I am new.)

2.My launcher did a little optimization thing after the Mirage Prime Update and then my game went from 25 Gigs to 22 Gigs, if that helps. If the complicated way helps me to prevent this in the future please do tell me.

I know there is a non-steam client. But I'd rather stick with Steam as I like the achievements.

I have just got a brand-new Seagate Barracuda 1 Tb Internal SSD, so I would like to know if it is faulty or something.

Edited by Rexyash

11 hours ago, krc473 said:

Have you got any real life friends that play and can give you the files? Assuming your PC has corrupted files, you need a friend to help.

I tried doing that but when I launch it manually through the launcher, by-passing steam, the launcher tries to download 17560.05 MB (about 17.5 Gb I believe?) and as written in my earlier post the launcher reduces my speed to about 10-20 Kbps.

8 minutes ago, Rexyash said:

I tried doing that but when I launch it manually through the launcher, by-passing steam, the launcher tries to download 17560.05 MB (about 17.5 Gb I believe?) and as written in my earlier post the launcher reduces my speed to about 10-20 Kbps.

I was not suggesting you download it.

1. Get files.
  2. Stick ALL files in the correct place.
  3. Run launcher.
  4. Copy all files EXCLUDING launcher to the same location.
  5. Run launcher again.
  6. Play the game (this is how I did it anyway).

3 hours ago, Rexyash said:

1. What's the correct forum? (I am new.)

2.My launcher did a little optimization thing after the Mirage Prime Update and then my game went from 25 Gigs to 22 Gigs, if that helps. If the complicated way helps me to prevent this in the future please do tell me.

I know there is a non-steam client. But I'd rather stick with Steam as like the achievements

I have just got a brand-new Seagate Barracuda 1 Tb Internal SSD, so I would like to know if it is faulty or something

1. Probably https://forums.warframe.com/forum/38-players-helping-players/

2. This should never happen again in the future unless your Steam client gets corrupted again, at which point you really have to start looking into why that is happening, because it shouldn't. For now I'd probably just write it off as an accident.

edit: seems this may have been a Steam bug, or maybe you guys all share the same faulty anti-virus or something:

Edited by Snib

On 16/12/2017 at 5:15 AM, Snib said:

My GF had this happen on her comp about 3 weeks ago (I maintain the PC itself), one day it was there, the next day it was gone, HDD is fine and relatively new, I have no answer as to why it happened... but it did, and only WF.

Edited by Carnage2K4