Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revert Update 7.8.0 Punishment

Pave

this is getting out of hand.

if you get hired at McDonalds, and you show up to work for an all night shift alone and dicide "im gonna leave on my lunch hour instead of working til 4" do you really think youll keep your job?

fine, give this whiny kid back his ability to quit, but then throw in that if you have a mission quit rate of over 20%, you cant play this game anymore.

sound fair?

Uh.....

So you're saying you want people running to a boss, not finding what they want, and aborting the mission then and there AND getting to keep resources, mods, and credit drops they found in the mission?

Is that seriously what you're saying should happen?

Until bosses have a more reasonable drop rate for resources, and host migration continues to work effectively, yes.  I support this.  It would make farming for rare resources so much less stressful.

Given the new crop of bugs introduced with update 9 (not to mention the ones before it), I agree with the OP. Although I had to go check the other thread to figure out what he was talking about, despite having actually been playing during that update. Most recently I just got told by support they can't restore my Despair BP despite the mission crashing after I obtained it from two players using ults on a large number of enemies. To be entirely honest, I've probably only quit a mission a handful of times, while I've had them bug out dozens...

Funny how you keep bringing up once again non-exisitng issues / coding mistakes, that have been fixed long time ago already: Ever heard of "host migration"?

In other words, you're saying that the developers just wanted to cover their incompetence for not having functioning host migration back then by introducing unnessary punishment for rest of us more "casual" players instead of just fixing the function?

Which translates into: Incompetent developers with the lack of coding solution knowledge back then decided punish their players because a group of players were smart and found a loophole...How smooth and classy...

Oo

Man, honestly. If after everything that has been said, you still can't understand the concept of FIXING EXPLOIT in a game at this point, and the reason why they had to do that, there is nothing more we can do for you.

I won't even enter more the debate than that.  It's time to stop feeding the troll, and for who has the capability to lock this thread.

Edited by JamesSergon

I usually don't post any sort scoreboards, especially since I consider it being highly off-topical on this thread. But I'll make an exeption this time due the persistence:

2p0zdeqgnze9tok4g.jpg

All those mission failures range from various bugs, from 1-hit-kills regardless having "old" (impervious for 15-seconds) Iron Skin to objectives suddenly exploding when there was no enemies or anything hardfull and they had 100% health/integrity, while aborts range from Defence-missions never starting to doors that never opened (or there was suddenly was a invisible wall).

Yes, lack of competence of the developers is the fault of players. Thus players had to be punished...

Edited by Pave

A handful of failures due to bugs does not negate the need for the aforementioned punishment.

IMO, it's better to occasionally lose a mission's worth of progress than for a substantial fraction to be able to exploit the snot out of everything.

I want them to revert the changes to the corpus. Since update 9, the corpus aren't fun to fight anymore. Almost as not fun as the grineer, because they're grineer. But with more shields and lasers. Except at least grineer weapons are inaccurate, corpus weapons are not. Soloing even low level corpus missions has become a nightmare.

Corpus have serious trouble hitting you if you actually move around. Their weapons aren't hitscan (except for railgun MOA) and they don't really lead their targets.

Lech Kril is a bullet sponge, for example. What happens when I blow most of my ammo on my GOOD gun to take him out, and then the other players leave the mission and I'm left with very little ammo remaining for example?

What if I bring a weapon or a Warframe that is well-suited to fighting the boss but has very little defensive capabilities and doesn't survive well on its own, you know, like Mag? Mag is weak and useless by herself. The only time she's good is when she's in a team.

A team I don't have if people bail as soon as Kril didn't drop what they wanted.

SOME players can solo all the bosses.

SOME.

What about those of us who don't have 8x Forma'd weapons with maxed out Nightmare Mods and crap? We should have to suffer because of you QUITTERS who can't bear to finish the freaking level?

Get over yourself, Pave.

You're just an impatient jerk who wants to quit as soon as what you want didn't drop. *rolls eyes*

Quitters should not be rewarded.

FINISH THE MISSION and just stop posting. They're not going to change their mind.

This is a ridiculous thread that really should be locked because it is a horse that has been beaten to death thoroughly. The only people who protest the 7.8 punishment are the very people who were guilty of exploiting it in the first place, but then that should be no surprise, eh!?

Exploiters got what was coming to them.

Working as intended.

You're supposed to be a Tenno, not a whiny little quitter. Start acting like one.

You are overstating the difficulty of most bosses, the weakness of some frames, as well as the need to group with people you don't know.

Still, I completely agree that the punishment should remain. Don't complete the mission, don't get anything.

I finish my missions. I almost never abort, and almost never alt-f4 unless I'm experiencing technical problems or need to leave.

*about made-up-trivial-non-existing-void-key-exploit*

Simple: Make the keys consumed as soon as the key.owner brings back something out of the mission. Simple as that. You can can get void-keys not only via store, but also get them via missions and as login-reward.

The devs have already said that if you get disconnected, you'll get nothing registered to your account, thus the keys would stay uncomsumed. If one goes all the efford to exploit this system in such way that the host keeps disconnecting while the rest of players will finish mission, well that's just the waste of time of key-comsumer. And in the end still, no one or thing lose.

Honestly, the efford to make up trivial issues for a pure PvE-video-game is simply outstanding on this thread...or for this game in general...

I could kinda understand these kinds of talk in player-vs-player-games, but this is simply such a show I could almost sell tickets for a great profit.

Edited by Pave

so what youre saying is, we should go over EVERY game in the past, essentially every MMO and every single-player RPG, and turn all these quests into you getting the reward for not completing the quest?

yeah, seems totally legit.

-snip-

All those mission failures range from various bugs, from 1-hit-kills regardless having "old" (impervious for 15-seconds) Iron Skin to objectives suddenly exploding when there was no enemies or anything hardfull and they had 100% health/integrity, while aborts range from Defence-missions never starting to doors that never opened (or there was suddenly was a invisible wall).

Yes, lack of competence of the developers is the fault of players. Thus players had to be punished...

So that's what this is all about?  This thread about how DE killed your dog, stole your girlfriend, cut down your cherry tree and frolics joyfully around your grave is because you didn't receive rewards for the 4.2% of missions that you failed (regardless of whether it was due to bugs)?

Seriously?  4.2%?  That is what inspired this entire argument?  This argument about how DE robs from their players because their bugs cause a 4.2% failure rate?  Oh my gosh, think of all the mods and credits that DE robbed you of!  It's almost unfathomable!  Clearly this needs to be rectified ASAP!  Damn all the exploiters!  Screw all the games that will be ruined by by people that quit whenever they damn well feel like it!  This travesty of a 4.2% failure rate cannot go unanswered!

On a more serious note, Pave is now a confirmed troll.  Please let the thread die.

*Continues watching To Kill a Mockingbird on his second monitor*

...I have nothing to add at the moment, for there's nothing new to add that wouldn't make imaginary and trivial problems already covered, fixed, or otherwise non-exisintg.

Man, this movie is really good...

so what youre saying is, we should go over EVERY game in the past, essentially every MMO and every single-player RPG, and turn all these quests into you getting the reward for not completing the quest?

Hem, in every MMO I know, if I exit the dungeon early, I don't get the dungeon reward, but I get to keep what I could pick up.

I didn't see the OP saying "I should get a reward for killing the boss even if I never even harmed him because he murdered me 5 times in one mission without breaking a sweat". Just that if he quits or fails he should keep what he's already picked up and worked for. Stop making up stupid strawmen because you can't argue with his real point.

The OP's argument, because people don't seem to understand is:

1. The problem with people quitting as soon as the boss died could be fixed in about a billion different ways that don't punish people for playing the game. For example, a non-broken host migration system would have fixed 90+% of the issues. In conjunction, the boss loot being an end of mission reward for assassination and the mission ending as soon as (or very soon after) the boss is killed would fix the other 10%.

2. The solution right now is basically an excuse to not fix broken mechanics that people are defending for no good reason, for it has no real benefits actually making the game better wouldn't provide automatically, and doing the latter is a requirement anyways because during launch, nobody's going to accept the current issues Warframe has.

So again, why keep that penalty in? It's pointless.

This is not a change that will be reverted. As far as I am aware this is not up for discussion. It is in the game because DE decided that you are not entitled to jack-diddly-squat if you can't beat the mission.

'Mission Failed' is as good as a 'Game over' screen in a more traditional game.