The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unofficial Weapon Benchmark

Rompido

Finally, I have gotten the Cleanse Grineer mod. Time to update the Sobek time but i was shocked to find out after some testing that actually, rifle amp doesn't work for Sobek even during the time when i made my first video. Switched to corrosive projection this time but doesn't really help much.

On closer look, there is something weird going on. When using the cleanse grineer (switched out the Chilling Grasp), the damage numbers corresponding to armor pierce mod totally vanished. I guess the damage is still calculated somehow but I'm not very sure if the cleanse grineer buff applied to the armor piercing element (I expected faster time, still got mostly 13secs when using the non-functioning rifle amp)

27zch3m.jpg    

With Chilling Grasp without Cleanse Grineer:   Sobek base = 26, 60% Fire = 15, 90% Cold = 23, AP=93

24azwih.jpg     

Chilling Grasp replaced by Cleanse Grineer:  Sobek base = 33, 60% Fire = 20   Cold removed, missing AP.

Sobek my best timing, 11.07secs with corrosive projection and cleanse grineer (switched out chilling Grasp) C-4

Intresting information thank you for pointing this out.

grats on your new mod and new time! updating now.

C-0 Strun Wraith 9.20secs  with corrosive projection

Mod setup with corrosive projection (rifle amp not working with shotguns)

Accelerated Blast
Blaze
Cleanse Grineer
Flechette
Hell's chamber
Point blank
Ammo Stock (max-3)

All of them are maxed unless stated other wise

Why use kril? Wouldnt Phorid be a better choice since its just a bag of hp?

It was discussed to use him. But only after over 10-15 weapons had been sumbitted. The main reason not to use him was becuase of his unavoidable knock down that keeps you from doing anything for too long of a time.

In order for phorid to be viable for testing you would pretty much have to use loki, even then if your weapon is going to take longer than a few seconds you run a high risk of getting stunned for a length of time. Thus ruining your true time needed to kill the target.

Accelerated Blast
Blaze
Cleanse Grineer
Flechette
Hell's chamber
Point blank
Ammo Stock (max-3)

Thank you! will update the main page once I get off work

]

[

Accelerated Blast
Blaze
Cleanse Grineer
Flechette
Hell's chamber
Point blank
Ammo Stock (max-3)

by the way. you got me leveling up a SW now as well :P might even throw in 1-2 forma as well

oh and I just noticed

Thats taking second place! with 0 forma. very awesome to see another primary up that high! wonder how it would do with 4-5 forma!

Should be able to match acrid if Rifle amp start to work like it should

by the way. you got me leveling up a SW now as well :P might even throw in 1-2 forma as well

Nice, you can do the video. I'm going to very slowly take my time to forma the SW.

Edited by Definitegj

Strun Wraith, second best gun in the game and we all got it for basically nothing...

I think the reason shotgun is so high up the rank is because Lech Kril is a grineer and i guess there is 1.5x bonus for armor piercing which shotguns have plenty of them. Won't be that good for other faction boss. 

Edit: Wait, please forget what i just said above. The damage number show that there is no extra 1.5x bonus for armor piercing on Lech Kril.

Edited by Definitegj

Was playing around a bit with my new mouses settings... I know it is in the OP that this sort of thing isn't counted, I would like to see just how quickly Krill goes down in this manner. I'd do it but I have better things to Forma/supercharge than my Flux Rifle. 

Was playing around a bit with my new mouses settings... I know it is in the OP that this sort of thing isn't counted, I would like to see just how quickly Krill goes down in this manner. I'd do it but I have better things to Forma/supercharge than my Flux Rifle.

Well seeing as my flux already has all this done i might give it a shot, i know it's not going to be counted but just for laughs why not?

Not sure about how to do it but i'll try a few different things and see what happens.

EDIT: Just did a non-recorded run then and Kril went down in around 3-4 seconds, if i didn't have to reload then it would be around the 1 second mark easy.........looks like i might have to get that last rank on Serration after all.

Edited by Sgt_Bilko

Well seeing as my flux already has all this done i might give it a shot, i know it's not going to be counted but just for laughs why not?

Not sure about how to do it but i'll try a few different things and see what happens.

sure! I'd like to watch it. hell use sonar as well :P

sure! I'd like to watch it. hell use sonar as well :P

This run was with Rhino's Roar and Rifle Amp, With Sonar and Rifle Amp i'd imagine seeing him go down in less than a clip tbh.

My PC actually lagged a bit when i first started shooting due to the massive ball of numbers that exploded from Kril but all things aside it was fun.

Acrid is no longer king of DPS :P hehe

Uploading now:

Edited by Sgt_Bilko

Managed to kill Kril in 6,84s with a 3x Formad Strun Wraith. Too bad Rifle Amp doesn't work with shotguns 6,84/1,27 = 5,39 it would beat Acrid. Or maybe not, I did use corrosive projection like definitegj and that adds something, would be close at least. Was a nice trick to sneak behind him while invisible as well like I saw definitegj do, makes it easy to land all shots.

I donno if I'll bother to post any video don't want to kick definitegj off the list he was first anyway. Was hoping for a better time but I didn't know the thing about Rifle Amp being bugged for shotguns.

So... 3 Forma = 25% more damage, for Strun Wraith at least.

Managed to kill Kril in 6,84s with a 3x Formad Strun Wraith. Too bad Rifle Amp doesn't work with shotguns 6,84/1,27 = 5,39 it would beat Acrid. Or maybe not, I did use corrosive projection like definitegj and that adds something, would be close at least. Was a nice trick to sneak behind him while invisible as well like I saw definitegj do, makes it easy to land all shots.

I donno if I'll bother to post any video don't want to kick definitegj off the list he was first anyway. Was hoping for a better time but I didn't know the thing about Rifle Amp being bugged for shotguns.

So... 3 Forma = 25% more damage, for Strun Wraith at least.

Afaik, rifle amp does work with shotguns.

Test it again using rifle amp.

Blame me if it doesn't work :P

Afaik, rifle amp does work with shotguns.

Test it again using rifle amp.

Blame me if it doesn't work :P

I did test it. First I used Rifle Amp then I switched to Steel Charge, kiilled it in more or less the same time. Then I tried to remove Clense Grineer to see what the difference should have been and it took 3s longer. Rifle Amp is 27% increased damage, Clense Grineer is 30%.

Difference between Rifle Amp and Steel Charge was 0,2 seconds. Should definitely have been far more if Rifle Amp worked. Maybe it works with other shotguns I donno, certainly doesn't work with Strun Wraith.

Edited by Mikki79