Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to properly address slash in 2.5

(PSN)cdzbrbr

I'll go straight to the point:

Their proposed changes nerf all non slash predominant weapons and double dip buff the slash predominant ones.

Why double dip? First by using their innately high slash distribution on proc calculation, second and most importantly, by having any 120% slash mod become, essentially, a multiplicastive 120% dps bonus on top of everything they already have, as if they needed any.

Now, I uderstand there are concerns on our end regarding stances and hunter's munition, and I uderstand that, maybe, the impact (no pun intended) of hunter's munition on the meta was larger than what DE wanted/predicted.

How do we address both our concerns and theirs?

As with every thread I create, I try to find balance, that's how you have both parties happy, unless you are an extreme person, an unreasonable one.

So, how do I tackle it?

Slash proc damage has a new formula: 30% of base damage + % of slash in ips distribution, divided by 2. (A hard cap could be used but, at best, the result of this calculation would be 60%; again, a 50% cap could be used, seeing as other procs do have caps)

- See that non ips weapons, in this scenario, would still retain their ability to proc slash via hunter's munition or stances, only it'd be weaker; I really doubt halving the slash proc of your lanka would make it useless in any way or the slash on your jat kusar.

- IPS weapons with mid to low slash distribution, would still have their base damage being relevant on the calculation, which only makes sense, only we'd have now another variable which we can play with, the % of slash. Which can be tackled via 120% ips mods and rivens, with eitther + or - physical damage.

- Slash predominant weapons would be slightly buffed but wouldn't benefit so much by the 120% Slash dmg mod, which, essentially would be an universal primed bane at more than tiwce its effectiveness, completely disrupting the meta, which I see as the main problem.

--------------------------------------

Now, I aimed to address only Slash on this thread, but making all that without exposing my views for puncture and impact could perhaps indicate bias on my end, which is not the case:

Impact and puncutre changes are much easier to be made relevant than what DE is making them out to be or proposing:

Impact: Make it slow the enemy down by 5% + impact distribution, divided by 2, that's all. no freaking catapulting them out of our fov, slown down enemies make for easier headshots, an indirect accuracy increase is undoubtedly a buff to dps.

Puncture: i have 2 ideas for this one: make puncture either make it so part of the damage dealt ignores armor straight ouf of the gate, or, my favorite one, make puncutre enhance other procs, even possibly acting as a limit breaker. Each puncture proc would enhance the current and future procs, as long as it doesn't reset in duration, by a 10% + Puncuture distribution, divided by 2. Again, a cap could or not be used.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

1 minute ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Make my Impact like this and iam happy with Kokage prime .. 

I realy realy do

giphy.gif

You can have charge attack do that, but you can't have a proc from a bullet skyrocket something you are trying to kill lol.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

In my opinion this "change" to Slash they proposed is how it should have worked in the first place so for me this is mostly a Fix to put slash back into its proper place. Yes, some weapons will deal much lower slash procs and others wont benefit from Munition anymore but thats how it should have been.

Personally i prefer Puncture than Slash for the fact it only does reduced damage to Corpus Proto Shields which easily deplete wile keeping damage at 100% to others and doing extra to Armored. The Changes to Puncture really lit up my eyes tho i think there should be more to it like a guaranteed 1~2m PunchThrough on proc along with the damage reduction.

I really think this kinda topic shouldnt be a thing at least until we see the changes in action.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

7 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

In my opinion this "change" to Slash they proposed is how it should have worked in the first place so for me this is mostly a Fix to put slash back into its proper place. Yes, some weapons will deal much lower slash procs and others wont benefit from Munition anymore but thats how it should have been.

Personally i prefer Puncture than Slash for the fact it only does reduced damage to Corpus Proto Shields which easily deplete wile keeping damage at 100% to others and doing extra to Armored. The Changes to Puncture really lit up my eyes tho i think there should be more to it like a guaranteed 1~2m PunchThrough on proc along with the damage reduction.

I really think this kinda topic shouldnt be a thing at least until we see the changes in action.

So you think base damage shouldn't play a role in the calculations of any of those weapons's procs?

And you're also ok with the fact maim/buzzkill/fanged fusilade will be mandatory on slash weapons by increasing their dps by a multiplicative 120%?

If so not much I can say, just gathering thoughts on these specific two questions, i should've been more objective but alas.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

3 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Field testing in 3..2..1 (spoofs) 

Gues i need to adjust some of my mod then 

Thank you so much for the Constructive Solution +1 to you

And Happy x-mass aswell

Lol glad i could provide some insight, we have many great ideas here and i don't wanna sound like john lennon, but there IS a way for all of these ideas work out together.

I just feel like DE left behinf MANY people's opinions and general idea behind. which is not healthy at all.

I never said anything about any nerf, hell, i agreed with all of them, but this is ridiculous.

Happy x-mas! :D