Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rip Off?

pox11223

Hi guys, i already had this conversation with a few of my clanmates in Morbid so i am going to copy and paste what i put up there too...

Anyways, i already had a conversation with glazy and if i am correct shortbear about this and they laughed at the idea so i am going to share what i think about each mob in the game (besides bosses)

(obviously every piece of art takes small pieces from other pieces of art so i am merely making fun of it not attempting to harm them)

1. Moa- Definatly chickens that evolved from Lost Planet that were originally VS's

2. Grineer in general- not sure if anyone else has heard them but with one sound effect they sound like the terrans from starcraft. so basically they are any (insert generic space marine game name here) mob/player

3. Disruptor's- It is odd but if you do not get up close to them since they sometimes come as toxic they look like a tall vortigon from HL2

4. Runner's- i have no clue why noone has pointed out this yet but runners do almost exactly the same crap that would happen to me in halo 3. Swarm and explode all over the place leading to my demise...

If you guys can find anything else that is either funny or obviously from another game please add on. i am pretty sure there are more out there somewhere...

Possibilities of design are not endless, young padawan.

Perhaps someone copied the design of the FaceHugger in HL, perhaps someone already used "Orc" and "Elf" but Warcraft made it mainstream?

See where this goes? To be honest, does not bother me too much.

Starcrafts terrans are not more than copies from warhammer space marines with a little bit different design

I want to fight flying 5-eyed tentacle monsters that try to kill you by throwing muffins at you. Because innovation.

Edited by Genoscythe

Moas. Guns that are put on top of legs. Not a bad idea. Easy to come up with. Not DE's fault it's been done a hundred times before (Metal Gear?!)

Grineer are your standard space marines. Every space game tends to have big armored dudes with big guns. Starcraft before Warframe and Warhammer before Starcraft. I'm sure Warhammer was inspired by something else, too.

Ancients look nothing like Vortigaunts. Gotta disagree with you there.

The concept of endangering/sacrificing yourself to damage/kill an enemy has been around for literally hundreds of years.

Edit: A new Ancient design. It runs up to you, turns around, and twerks until you're forced to look away. Then the other infested attack you. Come on, you know you want it.

Edited by Grimgrip

Did you know DE expects you to play their game using a monitor, usually of a somewhat rectangular shape. Isn't this basically the same thing as a slice of bread?

Wow, what a terrible disgrace. Let's sue DE for the sake of the square. Geometric shapes can't defend themselves in a court of law.

3. Disruptor's- It is odd but if you do not get up close to them since they sometimes come as toxic they look like a tall vortigon from HL2

Ha ha, really? When you saw an ancient you didn't immediatley think "Oh, it's a star spawn of Cthulhu!"?

CthulhuSpawn.jpg

Edited by ValhaHazred