Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Way For Platinum?

Snaggletooth

Hello. I understand this game is stil in beta. But I washoping that maybe you guys could adopt an idea

A lot of people spend money on plainum

and not everyone i slucky enough to get the platinum discount chance on the daily roulette when thy log in

Would you guys please be able to encorporate the ability to 'earn' free platinum in a way be it videos or surveys like most mmo's do.

It would not cost you guys to lose any money in the long run just add a possible venue for players to try and earn some free plat because not everyone can afford to pay for it

This game has an in game mode to get everything for free (only colour and sentinel skins can not be bought and by now the wep and war slots)

If you want to get money, work for it. Even if you are young, you can get money from your family so try to do that.

However I'm not saying that a way to get free plat would be bad, I would love to have it too, but it is not that necessary.

i wish kids wouldnt play this game

Dont be rude,...

Edited by truci4

This game has an in game mode to get everything for free (only colour and sentinel skins can not be bought and by now the wep and war slots)

If you want to get money, work for it. Even if you are young, you can get money from your family so try to do that.

However I'm not saying that a way to get free plat would be bad, I would love to have it too, but it is not that necessary.

Dont be rude,...

FYI Im not a kid. Im an Adult who actually has to spend his Real Life hard earned money on bills and other priorities that don't leave me room to waste cash on a game. If you guys are going to respond a thread do so respectfuly and with an open mind.

Edited by Snaggletooth

i bought master founder, but i'm not dropping another dollar until plat prices fall, and i mean fall, not lower by a few pesos here..

every other mmo i've played gives u a relatively fair rate when it comes to what u actually GET in game as far as items and such for what u pay in cash.

$X = Y points = Z items.

whereas this game is more-so

$X = 1/2 Y points = 1/3 Z items

see where i'm going with this?

lower plat prices and in game market item rates and u'll ultimately earn more money because all players will be inclined to buy more plat

uh duh *drools on self to prove point*

i bought master founder, but i'm not dropping another dollar until plat prices fall, and i mean fall, not lower by a few pesos here..

every other mmo i've played gives u a relatively fair rate when it comes to what u actually GET in game as far as items and such for what u pay in cash.

$X = Y points = Z items.

whereas this game is more-so

$X = 1/2 Y points = 1/3 Z items

see where i'm going with this?

lower plat prices and in game market item rates and u'll ultimately earn more money because all players will be inclined to buy more plat

uh duh *drools on self to prove point*

Agreed. More so since MMO's that have been around for ages actualy give fair rates and have lived long enough due to there fair prices and content has earned them mor emoney in  the long and short run.

Platinum is way too expensive at the moment. Like BlackLotus said I also got the Master package and have at times dropped a few pounds when wanting something else like an instant frame.

I have promised myself now though that I will never fall to temptation again unless the prices become consumer friendly. I think this is more just DE's inexperience with multiplayer/ community based gaming to be honest. They have made many mistakes during their journey so far when it comes to making an online game BUT falling down is all part of learning to all be stood up.

Platinum is way too expensive at the moment. Like BlackLotus said I also got the Master package and have at times dropped a few pounds when wanting something else like an instant frame.

I have promised myself now though that I will never fall to temptation again unless the prices become consumer friendly. I think this is more just DE's inexperience with multiplayer/ community based gaming to be honest. They have made many mistakes during their journey so far when it comes to making an online game BUT falling down is all part of learning to all be stood up.

Very well said.

Very well said.

I find myself having to agree with this statement. But im not quite sure that stating that DE is inexperienced is the right way to go be it true or not.

I find myself having to agree with this statement. But im not quite sure that stating that DE is inexperienced is the right way to go be it true or not.

With lates adjustments to market and plat prices ( not to mention pattern with every new frame "make it OP at the start, nerf it when we earn enough" ) DE is just becoming another "Moneygrabber".

But they are inexperienced which is been in a way presented time and time again in the livestreams. This obviously a new experience for them after been more singleplayer focused. If you look at their previous works you will see what I mean. Remember that the Warframe team itself is very small compared to what a proper triple A studio is like. From what they have spoken about they don't have the money and at times the resources to have the best knowledge, or opinion.

They are good at making games you can't deny that when they have The Darkness 2, Unreal Tournament and the under the radar gem known as we know 'Dark Sector' and other things obviously. Sadly becoming an indepedent online game developer to the potential level of Blizzard is a completely different ball park and in my eyes the ball isn't always been played properly by their team at times.

Time will tell when they grow up a little better marketing wise but at the moment the odd pay requirements isn't going to cut it in the long run. Platinum as it stands is too expensive in the bundles they offer and a lot of shop items are just poorly...and I mean poorly priced.

I mean the stuff they are charging for avatars and colour packs alone should be illegal in itself. What is funny is that while DE do tend to listen to the fans when it comes to creative stuff. They have pretty much produced the prophecies of high priced...crap that a lot of the fans were worrying about in the alpha.

FYI Im not a kid. Im an Adult who actually has to spend his Real Life hard earned money on bills and other priorities that don't leave me room to waste cash on a game.

Ok. I understand why you cant "waste" money on a game. But why do you think you should deserve the premium currency for actually nothing?

Ok. I understand why you cant "waste" money on a game. But why do you think you should deserve the premium currency for actually nothing?

If you cannot grasp the concept behind why me and countless other players should have an alternative option to 'EARN' (key word here you seem to have magicaly missed countless times already which despite the circumstances is quite hilarious) platinum when all the othe rmmo's have the capacity to do so then please. Refrain from posting in this thread. I already have numerous people who are backing me up here so maybe you should read what there posting before you try to flame me. Because you are failing. Just because you wasted cash to be a Grand Master Founder doesn't mean that automaticly makes you a hotshot around here.

Here let me try to make it a bit easier for you.

[EXAMPLE]

1. Everquest. Began in 1980. and won numerous awards no other MOO has ever come to gain YET. EVERquest 2. even more so. First MMO america ever had that actually started off as half text adventure just to get the npc's to react to you.

what does SOE give you?

2, REASONABLE PRICES

3. SURVEYS and OFFERS to earn free Station Cash

4 Events every week has the possibility to earn you free Station Cash.

5. and the BIGGEST thing is they have been so sucesfful by thinking OUTSIDE the box they can now afford to have KRONO an item that drops from a raid boss in game that AUTOMATICLY when used adds 30 days of gold subscription to your account. They dont even make you pay anymore for yoru subscription and in fact give you the option to earn it by beating the crap out of a boss

surveys. video surveys. offers. Numerous options to gain free Station Cash without wasting your hard earned money.  and I STRONGLY belive that if WARFRAME encorporated such  a method they wouldn't even lose a dime.

I mean how hard is it to understand why there should be an alternative method to EARN platinum? From an experienced business and marketing point of view this would actualy open new doors for warframe itself.

If you do the math as it stands right now. the money you pay for plat is unreasonable

By both minding you rmarket AND appeaing to your players you can actualy increase the funding youd get from them. Cheaper prices. More items. and an Alternative way to earn it free as well...its actually a good idea.

Edited by Snaggletooth

But they are inexperienced which is been in a way presented time and time again in the livestreams. This obviously a new experience for them after been more singleplayer focused. If you look at their previous works you will see what I mean. Remember that the Warframe team itself is very small compared to what a proper triple A studio is like. From what they have spoken about they don't have the money and at times the resources to have the best knowledge, or opinion.

They are good at making games you can't deny that when they have The Darkness 2, Unreal Tournament and the under the radar gem known as we know 'Dark Sector' and other things obviously. Sadly becoming an indepedent online game developer to the potential level of Blizzard is a completely different ball park and in my eyes the ball isn't always been played properly by their team at times.

Time will tell when they grow up a little better marketing wise but at the moment the odd pay requirements isn't going to cut it in the long run. Platinum as it stands is too expensive in the bundles they offer and a lot of shop items are just poorly...and I mean poorly priced.

I mean the stuff they are charging for avatars and colour packs alone should be illegal in itself. What is funny is that while DE do tend to listen to the fans when it comes to creative stuff. They have pretty much produced the prophecies of high priced...crap that a lot of the fans were worrying about in the alpha.

Ahh Dark Sector...now THAT brings back fond memories. I wish more people played it though. It was a very good game.

If you cannot grasp the concept behind why me and countless other players should have an alternative option to 'EARN' (key word here you seem to have magicaly missed countless times already which despite the circumstances is quite hilarious) platinum when all the othe rmmo's have the capacity to do so then please. Refrain from posting in this thread. I already have numerous people who are backing me up here so maybe you should read what there posting before you try to flame me. Because you are failing. Just because you wasted cash to be a Grand Master Founder doesn't mean that automaticly makes you a hotshot around here.

I really enjoy how you aim for my founder status. Thats really amusing. I never wanted to flame. I just want to know why you should get premium currency in a game that already allows you to get every core item? There is simply no reason for that. Future updates will most likely include slots for progression. With that, everything that a player needs is covered. There is just no need to give away plat for free.

And people supporting you increases the value the same way the founder status increases the value of with my posts: Not a single bit.

I really enjoy how you aim for my founder status. Thats really amusing. I never wanted to flame. I just want to know why you should get premium currency in a game that already allows you to get every core item? There is simply no reason for that. Future updates will most likely include slots for progression. With that, everything that a player needs is covered. There is just no need to give away plat for free.

And people supporting you increases the value the same way the founder status increases the value of with my posts: Not a single bit.

Yeah well I strongly believe otherwise

Edited by Snaggletooth

Just stop while your behind. You obviously do not grasp the concept of this thread and the reasons behind it much less understand it from a market point of view.

There is just one thing that needs to be done. Lower the prices. That will do.

The games you mentioned with "ways to get premium currency without paying" had special market stuff you couldnt get by playing the game. In WF, you can get every armor/weapon/mod whatever by just playing. You think it would be good to get plat for not having to pay, I dont think thats good.

We wont be at the same side so go on and do whatever you want.....

Trading: A proposal!

In Livestream # 10 Steve talked a lot about trading. The constraints remain that we can’t have a system that is exploitable. A possible integration of trading that has been discussed deals with Mods. This can potentially be done in two ways:

Converting unwanted mods into a new mod at random. (Got 4 Slash Dash’s? Trade them with Crazy Carl and see what he gives you for them!)

Got a fully maxed Hornet Strike? Post it for set Platinum and another Tenno out there may take it off your hands for your listed price, earning you Platinum in the process.

We will update as more info emerges.  

Well, the idea is being tossed up.

Curious to me how someone can afford a PC that can run Warframe, and a high-speed connection to play it, but a few bucks for platinum is impossible to achieve.

At any rate, everything except for cosmetics can be obtained with in-game methods as is.  We don't *need* a way to earn platinum any more then we *need* a way to earn actual money in game.

Curious to me how someone can afford a PC that can run Warframe, and a high-speed connection to play it, but a few bucks for platinum is impossible to achieve.

At any rate, everything except for cosmetics can be obtained with in-game methods as is.  We don't *need* a way to earn platinum any more then we *need* a way to earn actual money in game.

you an one other only have a problem with this while more people then the 2 of you actually agree with me and my thread. So i honestly think im on the right track here.

Edited by Snaggletooth

Does anyone think that maybe the free to play style for a game like this is a little flawed? I would have been more happy to shell out £30 for a copy, which is basically a Master pack and earn all the items and such through in-game currency and farming?

It doesn't help that at the moment there is absolutely no end game and didn't DE say that the end game will just be you taking part in collecting lore? I don't really know how I feel about it. Also can we really class this as a BETA now that they are releasing story episodes soon for the playerbase to take part in. I have a feeling that this BETA term people have been using so heavily isn't as BETAish as they think. I think what we have here is the core product but DE are now just replacing all their placeholder assets like the bosses and such with actual character models and such that they didn't bother with before.

Just got me thinking really. As Sony stated with PS Home it will always be in BETA because it is always getting things added to it and thus it will never be a final product. Could the same be said for Warframe? and if that is the case then Platinum and the game's economy needs to be taken a little more seriously now.

That's fairly easy to answer.

1. warframe is not a very pc intensive game, buying a computer that could run warframe on it's minimum graphic settings would cost you somewhere in the lower range of about 200-300 dollars, which is not alot for a computer especially considering you practically need one for the modern age, so you're gonna have to buy one anyways.

2. same with the pc, high speed internet if you look and research you're options you can get great deals on isp providers who some will even give you a free router, and again it's basically required for alot of Jobs nowadays to have internet and E-mail so again, you are gonna need it anyways, and to top it off, you don't even need that fast of an internet if you know how to set up you're ports correctly.

3. most people who buy this stuff before hand need it and so plan it into their budget, platinum used for ingame cosmetic purposes for the most part should be cheap most game dev's do that because it attracts this crowd to be able to afford it, DE's prices as they are now are a turn off to most gamers and people with in this market, I for one was going to buy platinum yesterday to get a color pack, but the high prices pushed me away. buying in games shouldn't be like that, in games like PS2 you look at prices and say well I can buy X amount and get Y stuff. in warframe its I can buy X amount, and get Y thing with little leftover. F2P MMO's are good business models, but you have to model them right to be good.