Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculous Riven Challenges

PrimedPancakes

So after running sorties everyday for over a month, i've finally gotten another riven (not from the sortie, mind you - from an alert), and what do i see when i check it?

"Synthesize a Simaris Target whitout taking damage, using traps, or using abilities with a hobbled dragon key equipped"

Now, three days later, i'd like to officially file this under "undoable", and "frustrating".

certainly not undoable, but yes very frustrating. your best bet is to find a target on a low level mission while using a tanky frame like Valkyr Prime, Nidus, or Inaros and just scan them as best you can. taking the Taxon sentinel could help since it's ice beam slows them down

Just now, LittleSnowNeko said:

certainly not undoable, but yes very frustrating. your best bet is to find a target on a low level mission while using a tanky frame like Valkyr Prime, Nidus, or Inaros and just scan them as best you can. taking the Taxon sentinel could help since it's ice beam slows them down

He has to take NO damage. So a tanky frame wont work. I did this one a couple times using Loki and Ash (invisibility)

1 minute ago, RawGritz said:

He has to take NO damage. So a tanky frame wont work. I did this one a couple times using Loki and Ash (invisibility)

Ah, misread the thing at first. I was remembering my riven challenge which was the same thing, without the "take no damage" thing.

It's totally doable and I've done in numerous times.  Use Nezha's Warding Halo or Rhino's Iron Skin so you won't get damaged.  Ground slam to knock down the synthesis target so they're not running away.  Use bullet jumps for movement since its not affected by the hobbled key. Bring a friend to help if needed.

Btw, you can use abilities, just not when you're not in the same area as the synthesis target.

Edited by xiaodenden

Yes, i've recently been advised on this - aparently the riven only starts counting "no abilities used" once you run into the target. I had assumed you could not use abilities at any point since that's how it works for the "take no damage" part of the challange, but it seems i was wrong. Still, the problem remains with the wording, i don't think i was wrong in my thought proccess of not using abilities, given how the challenge is worded, and so this is an unnecessary frustration factory in the game.