Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Rollers

ElectiDei

The infested, the faction of melee and stun-lock, need a freshening up because currently they are too boring and easy to fight against. If you have a single Vauban or Nyx on your team, you should almost never take damage during an infested mission, meaning that these warframes are used as crutches in things like endless defense.

To fix this I propose Ancient Rollers. Seeing as the infested are just mutated members of the other two factions, so too are Ancient Rollers. These are Grineer rollers that have been infested and have been changed by the Ancients that everyone knows and loves.  They should spawn out of the back of other ancients so that One Ancient = One Ancient Roller and have the following abilities.

1. They leave a toxic trail if they spawn from a Toxic Ancient

2. They have an AoE disruption(about the same size as an Ancient Healer's AoE heal) if they come out of Ancient Disruptors

3. They have an AoE heal and a healing trail if spawned from Ancient Healers

4. When they get near you, about 5-10m, they will leap into the air and shoot poison/disruption spikes in every direction around them. Poison is 1 tick per second lasting 3 seconds with 50 direct health damage per tick, per spike. Disruption effect makes you lose 25% of your shields/energy per spike.

5. Upon death they spawn an infested nervo that incapacitates the affected player and causes him to lose 20 health per second. Multiple infested nervos can affect a player at a time. 

These should not start spawning until wave 10 in defense or until the mobs pass level 40.

I also think the next infested boss should be a massive 20m high Ancient Roller that lets lose a massive AoE poison wave everytime it jumps, along with the spikes so that we can have a boss that is actually a challenge for once. Its phase change would be splitting in 30 different Ancient rollers when it hits 10% health.

Upvote if you agree

Edited by ElectiDei

Could work except the technocyte virus only infects and mutates living tissue and from that infected tissue it grows over things like armour and stuff, the main issue here is the grineer rollers are all machine.

Edit: thought i would try to use some logic to shoot down this rather bad idea.

Edited by SchrodingersKitteh

Errr, you do realize that Rollers are mechanical beings, right? All infested are human or were humans, like the crewman and normal grineer.

I find it hard for the Tennocyte to completely gain control over a machine body, UNLESS it only "infests" the metal part, while the roller is actually a normal piece of metal automated to search and destroy intruders. If so, then even MoAs can get in the picture, deformed ones, 1 mechanic leg, 1 infested leg for example

Otherwise is just weird.

Edited by Endrance

Could work except the technocyte virus only infects and mutates living tissue and from that infected tissue it grows over things like armour and stuff, the main issue here is the grineer rollers are all machine.

Wrong. Rollers are genetically engineered server hamsters. 

I'd rather see an infested Grineer use an infested Roller as a fleshy flail, however.

Maybe in a nightmare mode that appears on some distant planet that drops lots of mods as a reward, but no amount of void keys or mods is worth this crap on xini. I mean really they keep nerfing the mod drop rate on xini and this would just make infested missions not be played for the most part.

Other than that i enjoyed the sarcasm (Hoping whole post was sarcastic) 

Because somehow infested seem to fly through my bastille hump me to death then gather around pod and have a dance party. and even with nyx they sometimes run straight towards pod if nothing is near, Infested are fine how they are.

To everyone telling me that rollers are metal, this doesn't matter. There is no restriction for metal to be mutated, as we can see with all light infested. Runners, leapers, and crawlers all have their corpus boxheads changed to be much more fleshy and weaker. Grinner armor is also corroded and corrupted in chargers. We also see that the thought portion of these beings comes from the infestation, meaning the infestation could overcome the metal, and then create its own thought while utilizing the metal skeleton.

To the person telling me that infested at all different than the things they infest, how is this not different? Normal rollers stagger and melee the players, this Ancientt Roller has infested traits, uses ranged attacks, and does not have stagger, this is far different than a grineer roller.

And I am not trolling, I want to see this implemented. Maybe my ideas are not the completely correct ones, so I would ask you to offer constructive suggestions instead of calling me a bad troll or just saying bad idea.

To everyone telling me that rollers are metal, this doesn't matter. There is no restriction for metal to be mutated, as we can see with all light infested. Runners, leapers, and crawlers all have their corpus boxheads changed to be much more fleshy and weaker. Grinner armor is also corroded and corrupted in chargers. We also see that the thought portion of these beings comes from the infestation, meaning the infestation could overcome the metal, and then create its own thought while utilizing the metal skeleton.

To the person telling me that infested at all different than the things they infest, how is this not different? Normal rollers stagger and melee the players, this Ancientt Roller has infested traits, uses ranged attacks, and does not have stagger, this is far different than a grineer roller.

And I am not trolling, I want to see this implemented. Maybe my ideas are not the completely correct ones, so I would ask you to offer constructive suggestions instead of calling me a bad troll or just saying bad idea.

Okay how about if they add those things in we get the old mod drop rate once these things show up then i will gladly high 5 these rollers all day long.

Okay how about if they add those things in we get the old mod drop rate once these things show up then i will gladly high 5 these rollers all day long.

Perhaps just make them nightmare mode Xini that is always available, with 2x mod drop rate.

Didn't I already suggest this after update 8? Anyway I support the idea and I would also like to add (for the sake of everyone saying machines can't be infected) that infested tissue could simply grow over the surface of the rollers (or be grafted on) it doesn't have to be able to infect them to do this stuff.

Didn't I already suggest this after update 8? Anyway I support the idea and I would also like to add (for the sake of everyone saying machines can't be infected) that infested tissue could simply grow over the surface of the rollers (or be grafted on) it doesn't have to be able to infect them to do this stuff.

I combined the ideas we discussed and updated the overall idea.

I also think that the new J-3 Golem should stop throwing fart grenades and start throwing Ancient Rollers to go along with his upcoming epicness

Remember that idea for Stingers, and Chroma from Dark Sector... Infested that leap from wall to wall, and throw spines at you like Stingers, and chroma who do the same thing, but turn invisible are still a likable idea versus this one...

1. Rollers can't be infected

2. Roller infested should be a grineer head rolling around and even then it shouldn't be able to harm you unless legs, and claws pop out the bottom after rolling up to you, then scuttles up to claw at you.

Otherwise I don't see a grineer roller happening at all...

You know nothing about stun-lock.

Hm, runners explode and stagger you so that you cannot move, which can be chained until death. Charger's attacks each stun the player and 2+ can lock a player in the corner unless they have perfect timing, 3+ means only abilities will get out. Leapers will knock a player over, forcing the player to wait to get back up. Crawlers can spit acid at a player and make them unable to move for around 1.5-2 seconds. Ancients will run knock a player over, continually, and all of these abilities do not cancel each other out but just compound.

I do not see how I know nothing about stun-lock, this faction was clearly built around it.

@everyone else- Drugs I am not on, a troll I am not either. I also explained how a grineer roller could become an infested, along with TooSlowForKirby providing an alternate to my example, and we have already seen this in the game to an extent.

Edited by ElectiDei