Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 Suggestions For The Flux Rifle Beam

Luxangel7

Dear Devs,

Finally got my hands on the flux rifle, and it exudes awesomness. However I have two requests:

1) May we please be allowed to change the color of the beam? I know a LOT of people who would like this, and it seems like the direction the game is already headed in.

2) When I stop firing the flux rifle, please make it so that the beam cuts off at the barrel, and finishes it's dishcarge at the firing point.

What I mean by this is that currently if you aim down your sights when firing this gun and then stop. The beam literally retracts back into the gun. This looks very wrong, and is quite jarring, as if the flux rifle were actually some sort of extend-o gun.

Thank you for all your work and keep it up. :)

I would love a blue laser beam when I get the Flux. As for 2 the effect sounds awesome

Thanks, I don't think I'm inventing any crazy new idea here, and honestly I think that it's probably just an oversight that the beam stops firing the way it does now. Hopefully they fix it.

Another idea; make the laser beam thinner until it disappears. Width would be a good indicator of fire, rather then travel distance.

Awesome idea.

Also, the weapon shouldn't have a range limit, its concentrated light, and light doesn't just stop uninterrupted after 25 meters. With that being said, light is also instantaneous and should be hitscan, even though it almost is already. If damage needs to be toned down to balance this, so be it.

What I mean by this is that currently if you aim down your sights when firing this gun and then stop. The beam literally retracts back into the gun. This looks very wrong, and is quite jarring, as if the flux rifle were actually some sort of extend-o gun.

Now that you mention it, the retracting beam is kind of weird.  I guess DE want the flux rifle to be a super long lightsaber.  The retracting beam makes no sense, logically.  But then again, not much in Warframe is logical.

Awesome idea.

Also, the weapon shouldn't have a range limit, its concentrated light, and light doesn't just stop uninterrupted after 25 meters. With that being said, light is also instantaneous and should be hitscan, even though it almost is already. If damage needs to be toned down to balance this, so be it.

The farther concentrated light travels, the more it spreads out. Far enough away it will have about the same effect as a flashlight since it is so spread out. Though 25 meters is rather short like you said.

This could be implemented with damage falloff like shotguns instead of no damage at all. Might be a cool effect for the beam to get wider at longer ranges.

No one mentioned it but if you listen to the sound effect the Flux Rifle makes, it actually makes sense to me that the beam retracts back into the gun rather than terminating instantly.  The effect you hear when you first fire the gun suggests it is powering up as you see the beam extending from the barrel.  When you release the trigger the effect reverses, and the beam retracts.

Not saying I disagree with changing it necessarily, and the sound effects could stay like they are now and still fit.  I don't mind how the beam behaves now though.

Pink beam of pinkness??

Pink beam of Ḓ̩͎̬̞̞ͤ̅͗ͩͨ̊̽͆͐́͘͟͜͝O̷̩͔̝̥̱̩̜̫ͫͤ̓̌͌͌͊ͤ̌̓̓̈́̌́́͡ͅO̴̡̼̟͓̞̗̝̞̻̳̦ͪ͂͋̍͗̋́̈ͪͬ͌̍̈͆̚̚̚͘M̷̬̫͙͓̞̫̮̾ͫ̅ͭͨ̌̒ͧͣͯ̀͝

Edited by Grulos