Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revisit the Acolyte drop tables

DEATHLOK

Since just the last time the Acolytes were around, the maps can be two or three times larger than before. I've searched some GIANT maps for Acolytes this time around that never existed when the event was designed.

Please take a look at those drop tables in light of the fact that we cannot run as many missions as before with these enormous maps.

giant such as..... Capture Missions?
because those are basically the Missions with the largest World Seeds.

it's not like Acolytes appear in Eidolon or anything. none of the new Tilesets you're referring to since the Event are even valid locations for them to appear (Orokin Moon, Grineer Fortress, Eidolon).

Edited by taiiat

Drop table as in... What we loot from the acolyte?

If that's the case, you're just bypassing the core issue and trying to make the farm way easier as a byproduct.

If the issue is how the acolyte spawn in a set of new maps, you fix how the acolyte spawn, not their drop table.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

That is another way of looking at the problem, yes. DE could make the Acolytes spawn near a party member before extraction becomes available, rather than binding the spawn to a fixed tile somewhere on the enormous map. This would be an improvement, though I wager a more difficult solution to code for, given the disparity in mission lengths and unpredictable nature of player action. And while your suggestion would be an improvement over the current model, it would not completely address the impact of the new, larger size of many game maps, which is adding time to the length of our missions and therefore more grind to the entire event. The new measure of time to get from A to B in these new maps is adding grind, apart from the current need to "search" every tile. I've played a long while, now, and I feel the impact the of new map sizes as certainly as I feel the bitter cold outside this morning. I imagine other veteran players have noticed the same.

How the Acolytes spawn is one issue, but not the larger issue, which is the size of the maps and the time required to navigate them weighed against a drop table that was hardly bearable when we had smaller maps and shorter missions. Today, the Acolyte drop table, which is likely easy to alter, is bitterly infuriating.

On 12/24/2017 at 11:50 PM, taiiat said:

giant such as..... Capture Missions?
because those are basically the Missions with the largest World Seeds.

it's not like Acolytes appear in Eidolon or anything. none of the new Tilesets you're referring to since the Event are even valid locations for them to appear (Orokin Moon, Grineer Fortress, Eidolon).

No, buddy, they are taking old maps and doubling, tripling, and quadrupling tile use, sticking more and more of the same together to create some HUGE maps we didn't see a year back or more. And DE are constantly creating new tiles and sticking those into old maps. I'm not talking about the Plains at all. The "old" maps are in a constant state of growth, and they are getting big. BIG.

Edited by DEATHLOK

8 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

No, buddy, they are taking old maps and doubling, tripling, and quadrupling tile use, sticking more and more of the same together to create some HUGE maps we didn't see a year back or more. And DE are constantly creating new tiles and sticking those into old maps. I'm not talking about the Plains at all. The "old" maps are in a constant state of growth, and they are getting big. BIG.

you're harping on the drama pretty hard - people speedrunning are completing the Missions in about the same time as they always have.

19 hours ago, taiiat said:

you're harping on the drama pretty hard - people speedrunning are completing the Missions in about the same time as they always have.

So everyone is a speed runner, now? I had no idea.

Your reply begs the question: Why is it important  to you that drops are not adjusted for the larger map sizes and longer mission lengths? Would you suffer a pay cut as a result? Do you have a lot of mods you need to sell?

Edited by DEATHLOK

17 hours ago, taiiat said:

because nothing has changed.

For you? If you were the only one who played the game, or the only one who matters, your point would be valid.

I realize you have an obvious passion for the game, but the game cannot be designed around you, alone.

The list of people who benefit from obscene drop rates and resource availability is a rather short one. Those who would benefit from one minor change are legion, but perhaps they just don't matter?

5 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

For you? If you were the only one who played the game, or the only one who matters, your point would be valid.

I realize you have an obvious passion for the game, but the game cannot be designed around you, alone.

The list of people who benefit from obscene drop rates and resource availability is a rather short one. Those who would benefit from one minor change are legion, but perhaps they just don't matter?

now you're deflecting - your reason given is bubkis. nothing has changed, the Missions are as they were years ago.
so... just say you want more stuff. that's what you're asking for, so just say it. don't veil it behind untrue claims.

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

now you're deflecting - your reason given is bubkis. nothing has changed, the Missions are as they were years ago.
so... just say you want more stuff. that's what you're asking for, so just say it. don't veil it behind untrue claims.

What I'm saying is untrue because . . . you say so? Who are you that commands such authority over the rest of us? Is this your game? Are you on the design team? Professional gamer?

I've played the game since it was in Beta. I think I have the sense to realize it has changed. Unless you would like to reveal yourself out as the lead designer, I don't see your opinion weighing more than mine.

You clearly have a vested interest in seeing grind increase, I will give you that.