Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Haunted Expanse (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“During the days of the Empire this tower was known for its Kuva.” Shen says. “We simply wish to study it. Prince Tavor believes the revelation scould benefit everyone. Just think of the possibilities.”

*He shakes his head* "During the days of the Empire, they did unspeakable horrors, Kuva is nothing but a psion and you want to study it?" *He asks* "So perfect on the outside, but deep down, rotted"  

33 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“This path will not be an easy one.” The Unum-woman says. “There are many who wish to use the Prince for their own ends. And many more who would be happy to see the Orokin return to their roots. You will be hated by many, and Felicity and her husband will not understand.”

"I want them to understand, I want the Prince to see the light, to be a better man, then the others where the same goes for Ballas, I want him to recant, If  maybe..did that to them both, the Empire I wanted whuold to happen" *He says* "Felicity..I..she means well and well, she kowns me well, she lost a father to excaly what I done, if maybe she was not guided by her husbend she whuold understand what I truly want" *He sighs, he says it, as if he almost wishes she was here to hear him* "Its a risk I'll take, but I just..wish I chuold somehow fix this"

15 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

"How does 10,000 credits, medical supplies and 5 Avatar stars sound to you?" *She is open to a haggle*  

“I have no needs for credits.” He says. “And Pabay keeps us all healthy and well. But I’ll take the stars.”

He reaches into a basket that looks to be filled with pelts and pulls out a ball of fur. It unfurls revealing an adorable young kavat.

“Now a few rules.” He says. “These kavat are wild grown, so you can’t accelerate their growth, unless you want a whole host of genetic issues. Second, this is a living being which requires love and care. You can’t just dump it on someone else if you get tired of it.”

The kavat kitten hops onto the table, sniffing you.

15 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*He shakes his head* "During the days of the Empire, they did unspeakable horrors, Kuva is nothing but a poison and you want to study it?" *He asks* "So perfect on the outside, but deep down, rotted"  

Konzu clears his throat.

”He does have a point.” He says. “There are many... disturbing tales of the uses of Kuva. What is your princes interest in it?”

16 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

"I want them to understand, I want the Prince to see the light, to be a better man, then the others where the same goes for Ballas, I want him to recant, If  maybe..did that to them both, the Empire I wanted whuold to happen" *He says* "Felicity..I..she means well and well, she kowns me well, she lost a father to excaly what I done, if maybe she was not guided by her husbend she whuold understand what I truly want" *He sighs, he says it, as if he almost wishes she was here to hear him* "Its a risk I'll take, but I just..wish I chuold somehow fix this"

“Then I will not remove the curse.” The Unum says. “But I will render it dormant. So long as you are faithful to your task it will not trouble you. But should you mislead the Prince, should your heart turn once more to arrogance and greed, the nightmares will return.”

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Then I will not remove the curse.” The Unum says. “But I will render it dormant. So long as you are faithful to your task it will not trouble you. But should you mislead the Prince, should your heart turn once more to arrogance and greed, the nightmares will return.”

"You can't remove it fully?" *He asks, rather politely* "I'll accept any help you can give to me, but if say I stay true and not turn to greed, will they disappear on their own?" *Something then pops into his head* "Also: Lust or anything like that won't affect it right, just...uh wondering"

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

"You can't remove it fully?" *He asks, rather politely* "I'll accept any help you can give to me, but if say I stay true and not turn to greed, will they disappear on their own?" *Something then pops into his head* "Also: Lust or anything like that won't affect it right, just...uh wondering"

“I can.” She says. “But I will not. This curse will ensure you remain true to your oath. If you complete your task, then I will show you how to remove it.”

She waves her hand and you feel your forehead grow warm, as if lit by a small flame. The feeling fades quickly.

”Now return to your daughter.” She says. “And know I will be watching you.”

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“I have no needs for credits.” He says. “And Pabay keeps us all healthy and well. But I’ll take the stars.”

He reaches into a basket that looks to be filled with pelts and pulls out a ball of fur. It unfurls revealing an adorable young kavat.

“Now a few rules.” He says. “These kavat are wild grown, so you can’t accelerate their growth, unless you want a whole host of genetic issues. Second, this is a living being which requires love and care. You can’t just dump it on someone else if you get tired of it.”

The kavat kitten hops onto the table, sniffing you.

*She lets the kitten sniff, she turns to him* "I have no plans of using orokin genetics, to do such" *She perks a brow* "Uh, what gender is it, Cuz I don't plan on having extra litter"

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

“I can.” She says. “But I will not. This curse will ensure you remain true to your oath. If you complete your task, then I will show you how to remove it.”

She waves her hand and you feel your forehead grow warm, as if lit by a small flame. The feeling fades quickly.

”Now return to your daughter.” She says. “And know I will be watching you.”

"My thanks, Unum" *he bows his head in respect* "One small question, if I may?"

26 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He lets Shen speak* "Go ahead"

“He is purely interested in the... medical applications of such.” Shen says. “He has no interest in continuity, or another of the profane rituals which originated within the Empire.”

Just now, Rakawan said:

“That depends on the nature of the question.” She says.

"If I complete my task, and that's a very big IF, whuold the new Empire be safer with you?" *He asks, his mind seems to seek quite a few more questions, but he keeps them to himself for now* "I doubt I chuold lead an Empire on my own, and keep it so well hidden"

18 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She lets the kitten sniff, she turns to him* "I have no plans of using orokin genetics, to do such" *She perks a brow* "Uh, what gender is it, Cuz I don't plan on having extra litter"

“Female”. The store owner says. “You can tell by the short tufts of hair on her ears. Males have longer tufts. If you don’t want a litter of kittens I recommend keeping an eye on her. When she starts building a nest you’ll want to keep her isolated.”

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"If I complete my task, and that's a very big IF, whuold the new Empire be safer with you?" *He asks, his mind seems to seek quite a few more questions, but he keeps them to himself for now* "I doubt I chuold lead an Empire on my own, and keep it so well hidden"

“If you succeed in your task, the Remnant will be safe under Tavor’s leadership.” She says. “You are to guide him, not lead in his stead. And I have no desire to rule.”

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“He is purely interested in the... medical applications of such.” Shen says. “He has no interest in continuity, or another of the profane rituals which originated within the Empire.”

*He looks to her* "The only medical it can even do is that it could restore its ability to reproduce, alteast that's what the gods believed, thus why they attacked their mighty tower" *He remarks* "Also: As you said, Kuva is also used to perform Continuity, the Orokin ritual of transferring the consciousness of a dying Orokin to a new body, that in result is classed as a 'Medical  applications' as you are healing a dying person" *It appers he seems to try to see what type of 'poker face' she has* "With that being said: Kuva has very little medical treatments, besides the latter, you are cureing someone from death and disease, thus it is to some an elixir of immortality"

*He shakes his head* 

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“If you succeed in your task, the Remnant will be safe under Tavor’s leadership.” She says. “You are to guide him, not lead in his stead. And I have no desire to rule.”

*He shakes his head* "I have no plans on leading his stead, but what I mean is, if we where able to see the light, the others will still see us as hostile, the only people I can think, who can help protect s, are you" *He turns to her* "I don't expect many whuold believe that we're turn out good"

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Female”. The store owner says. “You can tell by the short tufts of hair on her ears. Males have longer tufts. If you don’t want a litter of kittens I recommend keeping an eye on her. When she starts building a nest you’ll want to keep her isolated.”

"Noted" *She says* "Anything else?"

9 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks to her* "The only medical it can even do is that it could restore its ability to reproduce, alteast that's what the gods believed, thus why they attacked their mighty tower" *He remarks* "Also: As you said, Kuva is also used to perform Continuity, the Orokin ritual of transferring the consciousness of a dying Orokin to a new body, that in result is classed as a 'Medical  applications' as you are healing a dying person" *It appers he seems to try to see what type of 'poker face' she has* "With that being said: Kuva has very little medical treatments, besides the latter, you are cureing someone from death and disease, thus it is to some an elixir of immortality"

*He shakes his head* 

((Shen is a guy. Sena is female but she is not in the room.))

Shen is clearly caught off-guard by your knowledge of Kuva.

”There are other uses.” He says. “In particular the Riven modules, which are immensely valuable to Tenno.”

“I am interested in what medical uses you are referring to as well.@ Konzu says. “I can see no benefit from a liquid that splits body and soul.”

13 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He shakes his head* "I have no plans on leading his stead, but what I mean is, if we where able to see the light, the others will still see us as hostile, the only people I can think, who can help protect s, are you" *He turns to her* "I don't expect many whuold believe that we're turn out good"

“Felicity is not without wisdom.” The Unum says. “She and Tavor share a certain bond. If you are successful they may even rekindle their friendship.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((Shen is a guy. Sena is female but she is not in the room.))

Shen is clearly caught off-guard by your knowledge of Kuva.

”There are other uses.” He says. “In particular the Riven modules, which are immensely valuable to Tenno.”

“I am interested in what medical uses you are referring to as well.@ Konzu says. “I can see no benefit from a liquid that splits body and soul.”

(( dammit, me and names))

*He nods* "Konzu is right, there are no deemed medical or benefits for a such a toxin, I will not lie to you and say I've used it, in crafting, but even then its rare and should be treated with extra care" *He turns to Shen* "Rivens are very rare and are not easy to sell, you either have to be lucky or just a mere thieving wench, tell us the truth Shen" *He says, with a firm voice*

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Felicity is not without wisdom.” The Unum says. “She and Tavor share a certain bond. If you are successful they may even rekindle their friendship.”

*He nods* "Very well, Unum, I shell go seek my daughter, before she does something stupid"

11 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

(( dammit, me and names))

*He nods* "Konzu is right, there are no deemed medical or benefits for a such a toxin, I will not lie to you and say I've used it, in crafting, but even then its rare and should be treated with extra care" *He turns to Shen* "Rivens are very rare and are not easy to sell, you either have to be lucky or just a mere thieving wench, tell us the truth Shen" *He says, with a firm voice*

“My master simply wishes to see if Kuva can be used for medicinal purposes.” Shen says. 

“Whether or not to gift you with Temple Kuva is the Unum’s juice to make, not mine.” Konzu says. “Surely you did not come here seeking only that.”

”Indeed.” Eli says, interrupting Shen. “We have heard that you are gifted hunters and gatherers. Our Master would pay a nice price for the fruits of your labor. I am given you understand that Murkray are particularly tasty, and several other fish have various uses.”