Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Virulent Orbit (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

“Or we could do the He opposite.” Sai’ah says. “That’s brilliant.”

She begins typing something in. 

“Tenno squadron, you are encroaching in an active area of operations, please turn back”. She says. “My cell has things under control.”

“Are you sure?” The reply comes back. “We are reading massive infested signatures and psychic energy.”

”We’ll be fine.” Sai’ah says. “We have a Nyx with us.”

”Alright.” The reply says. “Let us know if you change your kind.”

*She perks a brow* "Smart"

15 hours ago, LightningsVengance said:

"Hmm... " *He stroked his Azima* "Scanner array... Infested knowledge...What would it take to get rid of these guys? We can only do so much to the ones that actually go into the infested jungle, but what about the rest? We need... Something b igger and better than anything here that they know of. Got any ideas, Xane? I'm still thinking."

“They chose this colony because it is remote.” Xane says. “Which means they don’t want people knowing what they are looking at, or for. If we could find out what, it may give us something useful.”

Just now, Rakawan said:

The video shows an official looking rather worried. He holds up a small silver disk and presses it into his jacket. 

“Channel 55, frequency 102.” He says. 

You hear the shuttle door open and he turns. 

“There’s always more than one of you, isn’t there.” He says with a sigh. 

His other hand hits the “stop recording” button and leaving the image frozen as the Tenno begins to digitalize his body. 

Frez shuddered at the sight of the Tenno. He turned the datapad off, grabbed the gun, and left the shuttle to give the items to B-03. So, there was a traitor. At least they were getting some answers now, but now Frez was paranoid that the Tenno might still be here.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“They chose this colony because it is remote.” Xane says. “Which means they don’t want people knowing what they are looking at, or for. If we could find out what, it may give us something useful.”

"All right then, all we have to do is find out what they really want to do here." He sighed* "Which is... Easier said than done. I'm gonna prowl around the vents and see what info I can find, I'll be in radio contact and I'm keeping you on the comms Xane, just in case." *He searched for a grate to enter, once he found one he entered and crawled around the vents, looking for any Silver Dragon conversations to listen in on*

On 2018-05-16 at 8:27 AM, -Platinum- said:

*She perks a brow* "Smart"

On 2018-05-16 at 3:28 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Kapak exhales.

”Nice job, you two. Quick thinking that doesn’t involve tearing something apart or sewing them together isn’t quite my thing!” He laughs sheepishly.

“So it appears.” Sai’ah says. “Fortunately that will be in high demand soon.”

The rest of the trip is uneventful. Soon earth looms below. 

“I’m sensing something below.” Sai’ah says. “Well, something’s. Two presences. One is muddled, discordant. Like symphony with every instrument playing in its own key. And the other...”

She falls silent and you suddenly cannot sense her anymore.

Nor can you sense eachother. 

The intercom cackles and a voice emanates from it.

”Diseased ones. You will not claim this place. Turn back now. I will not allow you to harm my wards.”

On 2018-05-16 at 10:46 AM, Daakjenaar said:

Frez shuddered at the sight of the Tenno. He turned the datapad off, grabbed the gun, and left the shuttle to give the items to B-03. So, there was a traitor. At least they were getting some answers now, but now Frez was paranoid that the Tenno might still be here.

“Found two more cestras.” B-03 says. “Three of the crew turned traitor, possibly more. That would explain their absence and the lack of bodies.”

He surveyed the room. 

“Boss is not gonna he happy about this.” He says. “Losing a maintenance crew and a high ranking official. Fat Man mind end up losing his head for this.”

On 2018-05-16 at 12:07 PM, LightningsVengance said:

"All right then, all we have to do is find out what they really want to do here." He sighed* "Which is... Easier said than done. I'm gonna prowl around the vents and see what info I can find, I'll be in radio contact and I'm keeping you on the comms Xane, just in case." *He searched for a grate to enter, once he found one he entered and crawled around the vents, looking for any Silver Dragon conversations to listen in on*

You manage to find a conversation between two individuals isn’t he barracks of the array. 

“I’m worried”.

”You are always worried.”

”Shouldn’t I be? No matter how many Orokin we dig up, a war with the other Tenno is still a bad idea.”

”That is no longer up to us. If they will not hold to their ancient oaths then they are not worthy of the title. Besides Prince Tavor has a plan.”

”I’d be more relaxed if I knew the plan.”

”No you wouldn’t.”

”Yeah, I know.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“So it appears.” Sai’ah says. “Fortunately that will be in high demand soon.”

The rest of the trip is uneventful. Soon earth looms below. 

“I’m sensing something below.” Sai’ah says. “Well, something’s. Two presences. One is muddled, discordant. Like symphony with every instrument playing in its own key. And the other...”

She falls silent and you suddenly cannot sense her anymore.

Nor can you sense eachother. 

The intercom cackles and a voice emanates from it.

”Diseased ones. You will not claim this place. Turn back now. I will not allow you to harm my wards.”

"Oh, don't worry ma'ma, we're not here to harm your people, we're the Biological Cleanup Detail, fight fire with fire, you see" *She says* "Our Diseased ones are fertilised and the amalgamations have been neutered, I assure you my pets are no harm to your people, hell even the whole family can enjoy petting one, they are super friendly" *She nudges Kap* "Right My friend?"

11 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Oh, don't worry ma'ma, we're not here to harm your people, we're the Biological Cleanup Detail, fight fire with fire, you see" *She says* "Our Diseased ones are fertilised and the amalgamations have been neutered, I assure you my pets are no harm to your people, hell even the whole family can enjoy petting one, they are super friendly" *She nudges Kap* "Right My friend?"

“You have always been a terrible liar, Mercy of Scion.” The voice says. “Set foot on my world, and I will crush you dreams of ever being a hive Queen. My colony will not be your breeding ground.”

”Mistress.” The Golem says. “Something is trying to seize control of the ship. I am blocking it, but....”

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“You have always been a terrible liar, Mercy of Scion.” The voice says. “Set foot on my world, and I will crush you dreams of ever being a hive Queen. My colony will not be your breeding ground.”

”Mistress.” The Golem says. “Something is trying to seize control of the ship. I am blocking it, but....”

“Who the Void is this?” Kapak demanded to Mercy, “they... know you? Either that or they can just read minds.”

Kapak’s fingers drummed quickly on the wall of the ship, like an anxious spider.

”Helminth,” he commanded, “begin growing another Claymire. We might be needing it.”

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Turn the ship around" *She says* "We'll do as she says"

46 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Found two more cestras.” B-03 says. “Three of the crew turned traitor, possibly more. That would explain their absence and the lack of bodies.”

He surveyed the room. 

“Boss is not gonna he happy about this.” He says. “Losing a maintenance crew and a high ranking official. Fat Man mind end up losing his head for this.”

"What do we do now?" Frez asked, passing the datapad to B-03. He looked around the shuttle one more time before leaving, and returned to the hangar itself. Okay, so we have more actual evidence. What'll they do with it, though?

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You manage to find a conversation between two individuals isn’t he barracks of the array. 

“I’m worried”.

”You are always worried.”

”Shouldn’t I be? No matter how many Orokin we dig up, a war with the other Tenno is still a bad idea.”

”That is no longer up to us. If they will not hold to their ancient oaths then they are not worthy of the title. Besides Prince Tavor has a plan.”

”I’d be more relaxed if I knew the plan.”

”No you wouldn’t.”

”Yeah, I know.”

"Hmm.. So they want some Orokin stuff, eh?" *He thought to himself, backing away a bit from the vent so they couldn't hear him, he talked to Xane* 'Did you hear that? It sounds like they're digging up Orokin for some guy named Prince Tavor. Do you per chance know him?"

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

“Who the Void is this?” Kapak demanded to Mercy, “they... know you? Either that or they can just read minds.”

Kapak’s fingers drummed quickly on the wall of the ship, like an anxious spider.

”Helminth,” he commanded, “begin growing another Claymire. We might be needing it.”

*She seems uneased, nervous, she just looks over* "Nothing, shes just...telepathinc" *She begins to turn the ship around* "We're leaving, sod this mission"

21 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*She seems uneased, nervous, she just looks over* "Nothing, shes just...telepathinc" *She begins to turn the ship around* "We're leaving, sod this mission"

"Nah, nah," Kapak said indignantly, grabbing her shoulder, "I may not have a whole lot invested into this, but one thing I cannot stand is people barking orders at me. I do NOT grovel for anyone." Kapak's grip tightened, although it was clear he was not angry at Mercy, but scornful towards whoever's voice was speaking. "And you! Voice from the sky! What puts YOU in a position to order us around? For 25 Void-damn years I've wandered this system, doing as I well please."

On 2018-05-18 at 2:40 PM, -Platinum- said:

On 2018-05-19 at 12:32 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

"Nah, nah," Kapak said indignantly, grabbing her shoulder, "I may not have a whole lot invested into this, but one thing I cannot stand is people barking orders at me. I do NOT grovel for anyone." Kapak's grip tightened, although it was clear he was not angry at Mercy, but scornful towards whoever's voice was speaking. "And you! Voice from the sky! What puts YOU in a position to order us around? For 25 Void-damn years I've wandered this system, doing as I well please."

“You speak to the Unum, oh plaguechild who calls himself Kapak. These lands are my domain, and I will not let your filth sully them. You have lost your way, you will not mislead others.”

There is a pause and a pulse of psychic energy tips through the ship. 

“Screw her.” Sai’ag says. “Mercy, drop the boil, Karpak...”

“Corpus ship, identify yourself.” A Grineer voice says. “You are hovering over a protected colony.”

”This is Tenno...”

”Sai’ah.” Another voice says. “Would I be correct in assuming that ship is full of infested you plan to unleash on some hapless colonists?”

”Master Darrin.” Sai’ah says nervously. “I would never...”

”You disappoint me Sai’ah.” The voice says. “You always were a terrible lair.”

Sai’ahs voice tears into your minds. 

“Drop the boil and get the the escape pods now!” She screams. “He...”

Something slams into the side of the ship, knocking you both off your feet. Out the window you can see a Grineer fortress suddenly occupying the sky. Another bolt of light leaps from it towards the ship.

Edited by Rakawan

On 2018-05-18 at 11:43 AM, Daakjenaar said:

"What do we do now?" Frez asked, passing the datapad to B-03. He looked around the shuttle one more time before leaving, and returned to the hangar itself. Okay, so we have more actual evidence. What'll they do with it, though?

“B-01 has called a meeting.” B-03 says. “Wants to review what we have. Says to meet him in the conference room.”

On 2018-05-18 at 1:52 PM, LightningsVengance said:

"Hmm.. So they want some Orokin stuff, eh?" *He thought to himself, backing away a bit from the vent so they couldn't hear him, he talked to Xane* 'Did you hear that? It sounds like they're digging up Orokin for some guy named Prince Tavor. Do you per chance know him?"

“How interesting.” Xane says. “I had not considered that application of the array. Do you think you could access the array itself? Get a list of the scanned areas?”

42 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“You speak to the Unum, oh plaguechild who calls himself Kapak. These lands are my domain, and I will not let your filth sully them. You have lost your way, you will not mislead others.”

There is a pause and a pulse of psychic energy tips through the ship. 

“Screw her.” Sai’ag says. “Mercy, drop the boil, Karpak...”

“Corpus ship, identify yourself.” A Grineer voice says. “You are hovering over a protected colony.”

”This is Tenno...”

”Sai’ah.” Another voice says. “Would I be correct in assuming that ship is full of infested you plan to unleash on some hapless colonists?”

”Master Darrin.” Sai’ah says nervously. “I would never...”

”You disappoint me Sai’ah.” The voice says. “You always were a terrible lair.”

Sai’ahs voice tears into your minds. 

“Drop the boil and get the the escape pods now!” She screams. “He...”

Something slams into the side of the ship, knocking you both off your feet. Out the window you can see a Grineer fortress suddenly occupying the sky. Another bolt of light leaps from it towards the ship.

*She quickly climbs to her feet, dashing to the controls to drop the boil* "Have a tease of our spicy meatball, no pasta!" *She jumps to the seat* "I'm not losing my Golam or this ship! and we're not leaving you behind!"

Just now, Rakawan said:

“B-01 has called a meeting.” B-03 says. “Wants to review what we have. Says to meet him in the conference room.”

Frez nodded and followed B-03 to the conference room, and silently went over everything that had happened recently in his head, everything since his mind had been taken over. All things considered, he should have stayed in his room at Plaguewatch HQ.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“How interesting.” Xane says. “I had not considered that application of the array. Do you think you could access the array itself? Get a list of the scanned areas?”

"Should be simple enough" *He crawled out of where he entered the vents and moved towards the Scanner Array room*

11 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*She quickly climbs to her feet, dashing to the controls to drop the boil* "Have a tease of our spicy meatball, no pasta!" *She jumps to the seat* "I'm not losing my Golam or this ship! and we're not leaving you behind!"

"Void-damnit! Darrin! You probably don't know me, but I've at least heard of you! I'm Kapak, I've served in the Meridian for 2 years! Check the records!" Kapak yelled through the comms connecting to the Grineer stronghold. He hoped he could call off the Meridian for now, although this would probably complicate his relation to them if he went along and dropped the boil. Was it worth it...?

As for the so-called Unum, it didn't worry Kapak. The Unum didn't speak to outsiders willy-nilly. Only a rare, select few had the chance to have but a few words with her. No one even knew what she was in nature. This was likely some impostor. And on the off chance that it really was the Unum, he still didn't fear her.

"MASTER." Helminth's voice called out as Mercy left his Landing Craft. "THIS CORPUS VESSEL HAS SEVERELY CORRUPTED THE STARBOARD SIDE HULL. STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY WEARS THIN. THE FLESH OF THIS SHIP SHALL CRUMBLE UNDER THE WRATH OF THE CLONES IF THEY RECAPITULATE."

"I'm trying to talk to them!!" Kapak hissed. Beads of sweat trickled from his domed skull, his mind torn between maintaining his relatively high standing with the Meridian and dropping the boil.

7 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"Void-damnit! Darrin! You probably don't know me, but I've at least heard of you! I'm Kapak, I've served in the Meridian for 2 years! Check the records!" Kapak yelled through the comms connecting to the Grineer stronghold. He hoped he could call off the Meridian for now, although this would probably complicate his relation to them if he went along and dropped the boil. Was it worth it...?

As for the so-called Unum, it didn't worry Kapak. The Unum didn't speak to outsiders willy-nilly. Only a rare, select few had the chance to have but a few words with her. No one even knew what she was in nature. This was likely some impostor. And on the off chance that it really was the Unum, he still didn't fear her.

"MASTER." Helminth's voice called out as Mercy left his Landing Craft. "THIS CORPUS VESSEL HAS SEVERELY CORRUPTED THE STARBOARD SIDE HULL. STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY WEARS THIN. THE FLESH OF THIS SHIP SHALL CRUMBLE UNDER THE WRATH OF THE CLONES IF THEY RECAPITULATE."

"I'm trying to talk to them!!" Kapak hissed. Beads of sweat trickled from his domed skull, his mind torn between maintaining his relatively high standing with the Meridian and dropping the boil.

*Mercy tires her best to turn the ship around, well aware of the danger she's in, doing her best to save the vessel and the Golem* "Golem blow the USELESS  HOLLOW SHELLS APART!"

Edited by -Platinum-

21 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

The boil and the Golem drop. The Golem stays on the boil, shielding t with its body. 

The next round smashes into the engines, halting the vessels movement. 

Radar detects a swarm of vessels incoming. 

Another round arcs past, slamming into the Golem, which screams, but holds its course.

11 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

“I have heard of you.” General Darrin says. “Your recent actions and affiliations have raised concerns.”

The bombardment from the fortress stops. 

“An explanation is required.” Darrin says. “You have three minutes to return to the fortress or provide an explanation.”

Sai’ah steps into the bay, wearing an infested archwing.

”We need to go.” She says. “Now.”