Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Virulent Orbit (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

21 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

Frez nodded and followed B-03 to the conference room, and silently went over everything that had happened recently in his head, everything since his mind had been taken over. All things considered, he should have stayed in his room at Plaguewatch HQ.

The others are already standing around the table.

”Alright.” B-01 says. “Newbie, what did you find?”

18 hours ago, LightningsVengance said:

"Should be simple enough" *He crawled out of where he entered the vents and moved towards the Scanner Array room*

You find the main entrance to the room guarded. 

“Lost?” One of the guard’s asks you.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The boil and the Golem drop. The Golem stays on the boil, shielding t with its body. 

The next round smashes into the engines, halting the vessels movement. 

Radar detects a swarm of vessels incoming. 

Another round arcs past, slamming into the Golem, which screams, but holds its course.

“I have heard of you.” General Darrin says. “Your recent actions and affiliations have raised concerns.”

The bombardment from the fortress stops. 

“An explanation is required.” Darrin says. “You have three minutes to return to the fortress or provide an explanation.”

Sai’ah steps into the bay, wearing an infested archwing.

”We need to go.” She says. “Now.”

*Mercy dones't take that for an answer, she tries her best to flee Earth* "I'm working on it!, I'm not losing this ship!" *She looks to see if there is a  way to forcibly inject Kaps landing craft out to safety* "Gollem I gave you an order, kill the Merdian now!" 

27 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Mercy dones't take that for an answer, she tries her best to flee Earth* "I'm working on it!, I'm not losing this ship!" *She looks to see if there is a  way to forcibly inject Kaps landing craft out to safety* "Gollem I gave you an order, kill the Merdian now!" 

“Helminth, take the landing craft and fly it out to safety,” Kapak ordered as he exited his ship, taking advantage of the brief stop of the barrage. As soon as he stepped onto the hangar floor, the ship zipped out of the hangar and into space, a shimmer covering it as it’s Void Mask activates.

”I’m going out there,” Kapak said to Mercy. “I’m going to try and hold off their ships.”

Kapak wasn’t happy with what he would have to do next. Losing standing with the Meridian by killing some of their fighters wasn’t going to be amazing, but he knew that there would always be another time to regain it.

In the distance, another infested archwing flew towards the hangar, trailing magenta energy as its afterburners rocketed it forward.

”Ah good, here comes my Odonata,” Kapak said as he crouched down. “Good luck Mercy! I don’t know what will happen next, but I can only hope it goes well!” With that, he sprinted forward towards the exit of the hangar, leaping forward with full strength, flying out of the hangar and into space. The archwing maneuvered deftly around Kapak, fixing itself into his back.

He reached into the archwing’s weapon compartment, drawing the Claymire out with a satisfying, metallic ring! He gave a quick look around to see what was happening, focusing on spotting Sai’ah and the fighters.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

Just now, Rakawan said:

The others are already standing around the table.

”Alright.” B-01 says. “Newbie, what did you find?”

"We... uh... found evidence that there may have been traitors among the crew." Frez said, passing the datapad to B-01. "There were also signs of a struggle in the hangar."

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

The ship refuses to respond. The engines are shot. 

Sai’ah turns and jumps out of the hangar, following the Golem down.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

“Helminth, take the landing craft and fly it out to safety,” Kapak ordered as he exited his ship, taking advantage of the brief stop of the barrage. As soon as he stepped onto the hangar floor, the ship zipped out of the hangar and into space, a shimmer covering it as it’s Void Mask activates.

”I’m going out there,” Kapak said to Mercy. “I’m going to try and hold off their ships.”

Kapak wasn’t happy with what he would have to do next. Losing standing with the Meridian by killing some of their fighters wasn’t going to be amazing, but he knew that there would always be another time to regain it.

In the distance, another infested archwing flew towards the hangar, trailing magenta energy as its afterburners rocketed it forward.

”Ah good, here comes my Odonata,” Kapak said as he crouched down. “Good luck Mercy! I don’t know what will happen next, but I can only hope it goes well!” With that, he sprinted forward towards the exit of the hangar, leaping forward with full strength, flying out of the hangar and into space. The archwing maneuvered deftly around Kapak, fixing itself into his back.

He reached into the archwing’s weapon compartment, drawing the Claymire out with a satisfying, metallic ring! He gave a quick look around to see what was happening, focusing on spotting Sai’ah and the fighters.

The Grineer fighters seem to divide themselves into two groups. The heavier units go after Sai’ah and the Golem, while the swarm of lighter units close in on the Corpus vessel. 

“Attention all units. Karpak and Sai’ah are hereby stripped of their ranks within Meridian and their membership of Miraalan, respectively.” The General says. “They are to be captured alive if possible, or eliminated otherwise. Infiltration of the vessel and destruction of the infested biomass take precedence however.”

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The ship refuses to respond. The engines are shot. 

Sai’ah turns and jumps out of the hangar, following the Golem down.

The Grineer fighters seem to divide themselves into two groups. The heavier units go after Sai’ah and the Golem, while the swarm of lighter units close in on the Corpus vessel. 

“Attention all units. Karpak and Sai’ah are hereby stripped of their ranks within Meridian and their membership of Miraalan, respectively.” The General says. “They are to be captured alive if possible, or eliminated otherwise. Infiltration of the vessel and destruction of the infested biomass take precedence however.”

*She man's the guns and begins to try to open fire* "I'm not letting them take this ship, Golem, I GAVE YOU A ORDER!" *She reads her Hema rifle on her side, ready for when they are about to board*

27 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She man's the guns and begins to try to open fire* "I'm not letting them take this ship, Golem, I GAVE YOU A ORDER!" *She reads her Hema rifle on her side, ready for when they are about to board*

The enemy ships scatter under the fire, only for the fortress to fire another shot through the clearing into the first set of cannons. 

The ships regroup and begin targeting glass and any exposed systems.

50 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The enemy ships scatter under the fire, only for the fortress to fire another shot through the clearing into the first set of cannons. 

The ships regroup and begin targeting glass and any exposed systems.

*She keeps her head down, if that even does anything and keeps firing, she sets the ship to auto-fire, she leaves the controls and grips onto her Hema, ready for them to board* "Come on!"

25 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She keeps her head down, if that even does anything and keeps firing, she sets the ship to auto-fire, she leaves the controls and grips onto her Hema, ready for them to board* "Come on!"

More rounds arc over, destroying the remaining gun batteries. 

Several gill breaches are reported simultaneously. Two are in front of you, one to the right and one to the left. The other is behind you. 

Smoke grenades are tossed in, and you can hear the growls of Hyekka. Clearly whoever is heyjndthis attack is far more tactical than most Grineer commanders. 

“You have one chance to come peacefully.” Darrin says. “There will not be another.”

The smoke begins to spread through the room.

2 hours ago, Daakjenaar said:

"We... uh... found evidence that there may have been traitors among the crew." Frez said, passing the datapad to B-01. "There were also signs of a struggle in the hangar."

“B-04 does this account align with your findings.” B-01 says.

”It does.” B-04 says. “Maintenance crew did indeed turn traitor and jump ship with the Tenno. As a result a high ranking official was captured.”

1 minute ago, LightningsVengance said:

"Not this time, just visiting the Scanner Array, but thank you for your concerns." *He attempted to just walk past him*

The guard grabs you, hoisting you up and then slamming you into your back.

”Woah man.” The tiger says. “Was that necessary.”

”Room is off bounds.” The guard standing over you says. “Move along.”

”Might be hard if you broke his rib.” The second says. 

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The guard grabs you, hoisting you up and then slamming you into your back.

”Woah man.” The tiger says. “Was that necessary.”

”Room is off bounds.” The guard standing over you says. “Move along.”

”Might be hard if you broke his rib.” The second says. 

*He got up slowly* "It's okay, I heal fast..." *After standing up he stared at the guards Warframe* "I could enter if I had proper permissions though, right?"

Just now, LightningsVengance said:

*He got up slowly* "It's okay, I heal fast..." *After standing up he stared at the guards Warframe* "I could enter if I had proper permissions though, right?"

“Yeah.” The guard says. “Sure.”

You can almost see him rolling his eyes behind his helmet. 

“Yeah.” The guard says. “Sure.”

You can almost see him rolling his eyes behind his helmet. 

"Alright, thank you for the information kind sir, and no hard feelings here, you were just doing your job and an excellent job at that. Although do be more gentle if a citizen tries to pull such a stunt, flesh is more frail than frames." *He walked until he was out of their sights before high tailing it to the Council room and looking around for someone who could give him "proper permissions"*

Just now, Rakawan said:

“B-04 does this account align with your findings.” B-01 says.

”It does.” B-04 says. “Maintenance crew did indeed turn traitor and jump ship with the Tenno. As a result a high ranking official was captured.”

Frez stayed silent, just listening to them talk. Okay, now he really wanted to be back at Plaguewatch HQ. That cephalon seemed nice, and there wasn't the imminent threat of Tenno-based murder. Plus, he still wasn't sure what the Infested had done to him.

1 minute ago, Daakjenaar said:

Frez stayed silent, just listening to them talk. Okay, now he really wanted to be back at Plaguewatch HQ. That cephalon seemed nice, and there wasn't the imminent threat of Tenno-based murder. Plus, he still wasn't sure what the Infested had done to him.

“Tenok were here for the official.” B-05 says. “They went straight for him while their crew disabled his escape. Maintenance crew was likely an added bonus.”

”Alright.” B-01 says. “Base is secure and boss is flying in a replacement.”

The others seem excited. 

“B-07.” He says looking at you. “Go down to the vaults and see what the Fat Man has stored up in his personal vault. Feel free to pick up a bonus for your first job.” 

15 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

"Alright, thank you for the information kind sir, and no hard feelings here, you were just doing your job and an excellent job at that. Although do be more gentle if a citizen tries to pull such a stunt, flesh is more frail than frames." *He walked until he was out of their sights before high tailing it to the Council room and looking around for someone who could give him "proper permissions"*

Tania eventually informs you that only a high ranking Silver Dragon could grant you the proper permissions.

Tania eventually informs you that only a high ranking Silver Dragon could grant you the proper permissions.

*He sighed heavily* "You know what? That's fine, are there vents to the Scanner Array room? I may not be able to get in, but... *He opened his knee and allowed a maggot to crawl out* "I bet if I distracted the guards at the door, this little guy could." *He started stroking his maggot*

Just now, Rakawan said:

“Tenok were here for the official.” B-05 says. “They went straight for him while their crew disabled his escape. Maintenance crew was likely an added bonus.”

”Alright.” B-01 says. “Base is secure and boss is flying in a replacement.”

The others seem excited. 

“B-07.” He says looking at you. “Go down to the vaults and see what the Fat Man has stored up in his personal vault. Feel free to pick up a bonus for your first job.” 

Frez nodded, and he visibly shaked for a moment. That sounded like a lot of money. He left the conference room, and made his way to the vault. He still couldn't believe that all of this was happening. Why was all of this happening all of a sudden?

53 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

More rounds arc over, destroying the remaining gun batteries. 

Several gill breaches are reported simultaneously. Two are in front of you, one to the right and one to the left. The other is behind you. 

Smoke grenades are tossed in, and you can hear the growls of Hyekka. Clearly whoever is heyjndthis attack is far more tactical than most Grineer commanders. 

“You have one chance to come peacefully.” Darrin says. “There will not be another.”

The smoke begins to spread through the room.

*She throws a switch to cause the ship to begin to self-destruct, but sets it on a dead-mans switch*

*She holsters her Hema, grabs a big handful of Poxs, in each hand and does a Cyclone formation, throwing each pox around the room to coat it in toxic gas, she finishes, then slams down a Lava, grabbing her Hema* "Bring it on!"

Edited by -Platinum-

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Sai'ah, I'm leaving the boil to you. I'm not letting Mercy kill herself stupidly." He performs a somersault, orienting himself to fly towards the ship, afterburners at full thrust. He spies multiple more Grineer breaching pods on their way, as well as Dargyns and other Grineer craft.

"Oh boy." Kapak performed a barrel roll as he raced past the oncoming hail of laser fire, swinging the giant blade as he did, managing to cleave through several ships.

"Mind if I borrow this?" Kapak grabbed ahold of a passing Dargyn, grabbing the pilot by the back of his helmet, squeezing and crushing his head from the back before throwing the corpse into space. He threw the rudders into a hard left, causing the ship to spin wildly. Kapak engaged the weapons before leaping off, sending the crazy tornado of a ship careening through the other Meridian fighters.

He spotted another breaching pod on its way, quickly zipping over to it and latching onto the side. "Fresh can of anchovies, huh?" He stabbed his blade into the side of the pod, causing a hole to explode open as the interior depressurized, sending Meridian warriors flying out into space.

Kapak quickly maneuvered out of the way as a round from the fortress destroyed the last of the guns, almost clipping him during its path. "My Void, she is mucked." He flew towards the line of Grineer Boarding Pods which stuck out of the side of the ship like an array of pimples, swinging his sword at them in an attempt to cut them open and cause whatever Meridian soldiers were inside to fly out into space.

So, now I have 4 groups breathing down my back, huh?

Edited by Almighty_Jado

On 2018-05-22 at 4:51 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

"Sai'ah, I'm leaving the boil to you. I'm not letting Mercy kill herself stupidly." He performs a somersault, orienting himself to fly towards the ship, afterburners at full thrust. He spies multiple more Grineer breaching pods on their way, as well as Dargyns and other Grineer craft.

"Oh boy." Kapak performed a barrel roll as he raced past the oncoming hail of laser fire, swinging the giant blade as he did, managing to cleave through several ships.

"Mind if I borrow this?" Kapak grabbed ahold of a passing Dargyn, grabbing the pilot by the back of his helmet, squeezing and crushing his head from the back before throwing the corpse into space. He threw the rudders into a hard left, causing the ship to spin wildly. Kapak engaged the weapons before leaping off, sending the crazy tornado of a ship careening through the other Meridian fighters.

He spotted another breaching pod on its way, quickly zipping over to it and latching onto the side. "Fresh can of anchovies, huh?" He stabbed his blade into the side of the pod, causing a hole to explode open as the interior depressurized, sending Meridian warriors flying out into space.

Kapak quickly maneuvered out of the way as a round from the fortress destroyed the last of the guns, almost clipping him during its path. "My Void, she is mucked." He flew towards the line of Grineer Boarding Pods which stuck out of the side of the ship like an array of pimples, swinging his sword at them in an attempt to cut them open and cause whatever Meridian soldiers were inside to fly out into space.

So, now I have 4 groups breathing down my back, huh?

Looking back you see the pods you have cut open starting g to move forwards again. The troops inside are using the small rockets on their backs to push it forward. Their helmets appear to be sealed. Someone anticipated the attack.

A green and black blur streaks in front of you as you move to strike the already embedded pods. 

Something arcs out and knocks your blade off course, causing it to instead lodge in the side of the ship. 

The object spins and floats back a distance from you, revealing itself you be a green and black frost with an Itzal and a Jat Kittag.

On 2018-05-22 at 1:42 PM, -Platinum- said:

*She throws a switch to cause the ship to begin to self-destruct, but sets it on a dead-mans switch*

*She holsters her Hema, grabs a big handful of Poxs, in each hand and does a Cyclone formation, throwing each pox around the room to coat it in toxic gas, she finishes, then slams down a Lava, grabbing her Hema* "Bring it on!"

A plasma grenade rolls into the smoke and goes off. The “smoke” turns into an inferno, lighting up the area and forcing you back, burning away the gas. 

The briur flames are difficult to see through, but you can hear snipers winding up.