Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Communication with offline clan members

Medbot

This has become a real problem, we've GOT to have some way of leaving messages for other clan members. For nearly two weeks now I've tried to get in contact with my clan Warlord but I never catch him online (one time I logged in just 30 minutes after he logged out). The clan is paralyzed without some way of communicating! I've even tried messaging him through Steam but he doesn't accept messages from people outside of his friend list and won't accept my friend request because he doesn't know its me because I can't tell him. I'm sure i'm not the only player/clan that has this problem.

I'm begging you DE, let us leave messages for offline clan members. Could be private messaging, even a clan bulletin feature would be great.

My clan is at stake.

If there are other people in your clan, you can ask them to tell your Warlord what's going on. Or edit the Message of the Day to say something about it. Can also send them a gift of some kind with a message, though that costs plat and would be kind of ridiculous.

But yeah, I do agree that there should be some way to send a quick message to someone offline in a way that they'll receive. 

I never used it .. but wait you are telling me you cant simply leave message in someones inbox ? you know like all the NPCs are doing ? .. wow this game can really sometimes be amazing :facepalm:

simply making normal ingame post work could solve this problem easily ...

wow seriously whole time I thought it works that way :laugh: ... I am seriously just sitting here laughing already for good 10 minutes ... looks like you learn something new every day

I would assume the overhead to support a PM system is quite large.

We have used every type of messaging, Xbox One, discord, smoke signals, US Postal Service, etc. All that aside we use in game clan chat, alliance chat, PM in game only for stuff you can lose after restart and then dove fully into discord and my clan members really like that offline aspect of the warframe world now also. 

Not to leave out Trade Chat - Recruiting chat and my fav of all - Region!! Where I am pretty sure angels die daily

On 12/28/2017 at 4:34 PM, Medbot said:

This has become a real problem, we've GOT to have some way of leaving messages for other clan members. For nearly two weeks now I've tried to get in contact with my clan Warlord but I never catch him online (one time I logged in just 30 minutes after he logged out). The clan is paralyzed without some way of communicating! I've even tried messaging him through Steam but he doesn't accept messages from people outside of his friend list and won't accept my friend request because he doesn't know its me because I can't tell him. I'm sure i'm not the only player/clan that has this problem.

... um cant you send messages with gifts? so why not send him a 5 plat ship decor item...

• 2 weeks later...