Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounties: A better reward model for Sorties

Hououza

So, it has now been roughly a couple of months since DE changed the reward mechanism for the bounties on the Plains of Eidolon. Now we receive a reward for each stage of the mission we complete, so between three and five rewards for each bounty we complete and even if we fail you still get the rewards you earned up until that point, so this represents an excellent example of balancing time invested to rewards obtained.

Sorties on the other hand sit at the opposite end of this spectrum, for completing three significantly more difficult missions, we are rewarded with a single roll on the table, therefore the time investment versus reward for them is quite poor. What I believe would be better, is to introduce a similar system to the one added for the Bounties, in that each mission offers a roll on the reward table, but at lower levels; common for the first mission, uncommon and common for the second and everything for the third.

That would incentivise more people to run sorties, even if they cannot get past the final mission (for example the Ambulas assassination mission recently), it makes people want to try as the rewards offered are better. Looking further ahead from this change, it would be nice if this was extended to the Trials, as it would again help to bring more people to this content, and possibly make DE revisit these missions and fix the bugs and expand it to include one for the Corpus.

TL;DR Sorties and Trials should adopt the Bounty reward mechanic of one roll on the reward table for each part completed.

Please, stop slapping us in the face with the ayatan sculpture for completeing very hard missions on the sorties. That has no business being in the reward table whatsoever. All it does is say, here after alllll the hard work you have done compeleting these very hard missions have a stupid statue. Really? I have no desire to continue doing sorties if that is the garbage I will be getting in return. No thank you. 

Bounties are all and well, but I rather think that it still needs to be tweaked. I would be more angry if I got the common sorties if i knew there was a rotation and I got only common rewards. I still think that a reward rework would be nice though. I thought maybe something like the recent events such as you build up points you can spend how you wish. It would really help prevent burnout when all you get are rewards like I got....

EinmK2b.jpg

True, the fact that it would still be governed by RNG does mean that there is always the potential to get multiple of the less desirable rewards (I'm looking at you Anasa sculpture)

However, DE have shown pretty clearly that they do not like the idea of a token system and have actively spoken out against the idea despite numerous requests from the community.

I can understand their dilemma, but at the same time something does need to change.