Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Down with the babysitting missions.

Asdryu

That's it men... I'm done.
This event is grindy enough to get our hands on those rare journals that give nothing but a self pleasure of completition.
Throw me an armored vault (old mobile defense 2.5 basically wich spawns like 75% of the times per bounty) AND an Injector and I'm out.

This event offers little to no challenge and on top of that you want to give me those missions where I sit around and do nothing? I'm sorry, but babysitting missions provide no entertainment nor challenge to me. I seriously don't see the point of this need to throw in so many babysitting missions. They are exactly what drives me off of Warframe and I'm bored to let this soak in and say nothing against it.

The only way for me to make the more interesting is to spice 'em up by doing something that's in every other mission: make them interactive.
For example: in an hijack mission, I've always asked myself why can't we make the objective faster if more than just one is charging it? That way it will still be my downfall for how fast a mission will go, but at least I can be the one to be blamed and not being like: OH! Not this again!

Now the same thing would be to make a process faster if it doesn't get attacked hence interrupted for defensive targets, like extractors for example. If it doesn't get damaged at all it'll perform way better, that way it'll make more sense to me to be reactive and kill everything in sight. What am I doing right now that I'm writing? I'm just protecting the excavators by letting the maggots taking care of enemies (Nidus, the irony. THE maggot!).

Edited by Asdryu

I honestly feel the same way, don't know who thought it was a good idea to add the journals to this event as a bounty reward, we need to collect 50+ in total and in the end not even getting a reward for it (a decoration would've been fine). I'd be happier to get a journal for every Ghoul assassination area we clear (20 Ghouls) and replace that bounty reward with something worth going for. But now it may be too late, by the time DE gets back in the office the event may already be over.. or almost over.

Edited by Bl4zko

I'm ok with DE throwing in a bunch of stuff, but not yet another waiting mission where I'm gonna be like: oh God, no! Not again!

The somachord tones for example are a niche good little thing to me: we still do few runs on those maps, wether it is for fissure, farm, or relics and thanks to those there's a little more sense because there's something else to complete

first off, the ghoul bounties are a scam, just don't do them. if you want the lore just look it up. the lore is there because they were too lazy to put a worthy reward in there. lore should be free. don't do them and let the event drag on for a month or so and show them how S#&$ty this is 

moving on, I totally agree with you on the player interactivity part. I had this idea in my head about INT mission. the basic concept is you defending the towers while lotus is trying to intercept and hacking them, similar to MD missions.....what if we had a very complex and challenging hacking puzzle as an OPTION to speed the mission up? for example, it'll give us 20% to completion on INT missions and take off 30 sec from MD missions 

i agree with that - indeed, i was looking for someone already created such a thread.

the codex-segment are far too grindy to get even as uncommon reward. i got more rare rewards out of this event than i got segment... they should at least been the common reward, or better yet make them drop from the bloody ghouls themself.

like OP already said, the bounties are not totally bad, but they really do get old after you run then 20 times in a row, so adding something new and better yet suprising every now and then into those mission-parts would help immense. ofc, one could just do something else after a few runs - i actually do this with the "normal" bounties, but having a time limited event running with those codex segments likely being out of reach forever (or at least a long time) somehow makes one feel forced to overdo the bounties quite a bit...

for now, even though i got some "relapses" already, i decided to give a fck for the damn things... i'll see if i really can stay away from the event or not - but i certainly won't have much fun doing them excessivly.

• 5 weeks later...

Like, I swear, if this is considered necroposting- don't care because damn, this is still relevant today.

I came back for a brief moment to play normally, go for a bounty to take on a "completely random" journey and boy oh boy what the hell do I get? I got disappointed in the worst way I didn't even imagine.

1st bounty- Armored vault (old mobile defense 2.0)
2nd bounty- Liberate the camp and at this point I'm like "OH WOW! The classic babysit duo in a row once again and right off the bat! This didn't change for a damn. What am I gonna do next? Clean up the dirt from a FALLEN DRONE?!"
Guess what?
3rd -wasn't even joking- fallen drone.

How bad you DO NOT want me to play? Is this considered fun? Sitting around an objective literally waiting for an enemy to get killed? They don't even come that prepared. They might as well come with a sword and a shield yelling "FOR SPARTAAA" (actually, those sounds more prepared thanks to the shield).
The rewards? As equally boring (bunch of axi v6 and -kuva + cetus the only 2 redeeming random stuff I got from this-)

I swear, if I just hear that Venus' open world is gonna have yet another MORE than 2 babysitting mission I'm gonna quit for good, even if this becomes somehow the greatest and most entertaining game on Earth (get it?)

I'm already picturing myself trying to take a ride on the tweaked Zephyr to be immediately stopped at the 1st mission by yet another armored vault. I just need the game itself to tell me "When the hell did I allow you to have fun? Get back to farm kuva, you dwarf!" at this point. The hell is the rate for those missions to spawn? It's clearly higher!

Sorry, but that fallen drone was really the last straw I needed.