Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Second Revision) Maiming Strike - A Simple Suggestion for Improved Usefulness

A-Midnight-Shanking

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

And powercreep happens all the time when new weapons are released.... so I'm going to call for a buff to seismic wave so it's comparable to maiming strike, I haven't even seen anyone use seismic wave so it can't be that good....

If you can ask for a nerf to something we can also ask for something to be buffed...:)

Which is fair enough. But keeping things stagnant as it is isn't the way to go.

10 minutes ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

Which is fair enough. But keeping things stagnant as it is isn't the way to go.

Never heard of if it's not broken don't fix it.... many of us don't see anything wrong with maiming strike so leaving it as it is fine with us. 

imo maiming strike should have the same multiplier but effect charge attacks instead of slide attacks, slide attacks are too easy to spam with or without a macro, and with that macro you can afk do something else while farming up whatever, the exact same way Battlefront players are using rubberbands to play the game, i don't play warframe for the rubber band trick its not actually playing, its not fun or engaging, as for dont use it if you dont like it, sure i wont use it but you will use it in front of me and are lessening my experience by an even greater degree than if i had the mod myself, i hate ember because she is the exact same thing, a frame you can put a rubberband on a controler to play and farm with and deal more damage than a player actually playing the game. by putting maiming strike on charge attacks you buff a attack that desperately needs the help and makes this attack something you want to use on tougher enemies, you will still want to use normal melee strikes to carve through lancers and butchers but for bombards that would take several hits the charge attack would reliably kill them, it gives the mod more situational utility which i think was the original intent.

PS. on the Embrace the Power creep mentality in the backlash to the OP this, this right here is why enemy scaling will not be fixed, and a note to DE DON'T FIX ARMOR SCALING IF YOUR JUST GONNA KEEP POWER CREEPING, 
DE showed us in a devstream parasitic eximus units with weak points you have to shoot to deal any damage to the enemy and Rebecca couldn't hit it with a shotgun, honestly powercreep is what justifies this neccesity to DE. keep advocating for broken mechanics, rubberband tricks, i really want to see that enemy buff that makes them immortal. 

10 minutes ago, VortexInfinity said:

No nerfs please.

I hate it when DE nerfs things thatinhave put in so much investment in like my 6 forma tonkor and given a measly compensation.

We shouldnt be punish for DE own mistakes

and the game is 100% better without the Tonkor spam.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Never heard of if it's not broken don't fix it.... many of us don't see anything wrong with maiming strike so leaving it as it is fine with us. 

Not broken? Powercreep on a singular action without any similar buffs to similar functions in the game doesn't seem broken, or at the very least poorly implemented?

6 minutes ago, VortexInfinity said:

How would you feel if you are a player that spent 1.5k olat on a god scoliac riven only for it to ne nerfed to the ground and given a forma as compensation.

If DE gives out the due compensation for nerfs im fine with that but  recent nerfs shows otherwise

In the first place I'd've felt stupid for punching down so much plat on a single weapon. DE doesn't set those prices, players do. You think a 'government' should refund individuals for playing the stock market?

15 minutes ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

Not broken? Powercreep on a singular action without any similar buffs to similar functions in the game doesn't seem broken, or at the very least poorly implemented?

As I said, many of us don't see an issue with it, it's only now we have just had an acolytes event where we all of a sudden get all these 'nerf maiming strike' threads pop up.. up until this event the main issue with maiming strike, and it's not like it's changed, was the fact a player didn't have it and would need to spend large amounts of plat to get it. 

Now it seems like people are being salty because they didn't get their own copy or a copy to sell during the event (there's been plenty of those threads too) and so they're like  'I don't have it so lets get it nerfed for no reason other than the fact I don't have it'...

These op mods give us a sense of progression in the game. Who wouldnt want to feel op in any game.

If you dont like dont use it. Feel free to handicap yourself, no one is stopping you. But just because you dont like it doesnt mean other players cant have it.

Stop being a selfish prick

43 minutes ago, GOLANX said:

putting maiming strike on charge attacks you buff a attack that desperately needs the help and makes this attack something you want to use on tougher enemies

Yes, let's buff the most useless part of melee that no one uses (outside of the Zenistar) because of how painfully slow it is. /s

Buffing charge attacks would do nothing. No one cares about charge attacks. They are too slow to use in combat and that's not likely to change since that's basically the point.

47 minutes ago, GOLANX said:

with that macro you can afk do something else while farming up whatever

I have not seen a way to do that, but if you have a problem with macros perhaps that's the part that needs dealing with.

Maiming has honestly never felt that overpowered to me. It shines on some set ups and a lot of players do rely on it a bit too heavily, but I personally almost never use it excluding obvious situations like whips. I can't really think of a time it felt mandatory at all.

I say leave it be and just keep giving us mods that reward other types of loadouts. The easiest way to nerf something without enraging people is to bring other content to its level.

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

As I said, many of us don't see an issue with it, it's only now we have just had an acolytes event where we all of a sudden get all these 'nerf maiming strike' threads pop up.. up until this event the main issue with maiming strike, and it's not like it's changed, was the fact a player didn't have it and would need to spend large amounts of plat to get it. 

Now it seems like people are being salty because they didn't get their own copy or a copy to sell during the event (there's been plenty of those threads too) and so they're like  'I don't have it so lets get it nerfed for no reason other than the fact I don't have it'...

its not the reason to want the mod changed, i have a copy, i didn't get a second but in 6 months ill sell mine anyway because i want the plat more, i would however still like Maiming strike to be changed, again my preference is that its moved to charge attacks, making it more situational and buffing a UP aspect of the melee combat system that needs minor tweaks and not overhauls, the OP wants to change the conditions to controlled actions, most of which will be overshadowed by slide attack anyways, and changing it to a straight damage boost instead of a crit boost, which will stop it from over scaling with blood rush but will still scale with innate damage multiplier of the combo counter.  

@LSG501

Just recently got back into the game. So the acolytes showing up mainly just got the mod on my radar.

@VortexInfinity

I don't mind if other people want to feel OP. I do mind if there isn't any other way (in the vein of crit), to reach that level of OP. It needs to be balanced out (either upwards (stances, other similar mods for slams, slides, etc.) or downwards)

9 minutes ago, Mewvg2 said:

I have not seen a way to do that, but if you have a problem with macros perhaps that's the part that needs dealing with.

Closest thing I could think of to achieving that would be something like a capture mission, macro slide into a wall, with a Vacuum on a sentinel.

@(PS4)Vagnar

But will these mods try to stay the same level of powercreep or will they once again raise the level as Maiming Strike has? If they stay the same, why not reduce the workload required and reduce the powercreep of Maiming Strike?

6 minutes ago, Mewvg2 said:

Yes, let's buff the most useless part of melee that no one uses (outside of the Zenistar) because of how painfully slow it is. /s

Buffing charge attacks would do nothing. No one cares about charge attacks. They are too slow to use in combat and that's not likely to change since that's basically the point.

slide attacks are really good without maiming strike, charge attacks really need the buff, and im not saying maiming is the whole solution but its a step in the right direction, you are suggesting that no-one would use charge attacks if it bacially gave you autocrits and redcrits with a scale of redcrit times 4 on the not hard to reach combo multiplier of 3, no that wouldnt help charge attacks scale at all, lifting @A-Midnight-Shanking numbers

3X

• Normal Crit Chance: 148.75%
  • Slide Crit Chance: 684.25%
  • Normal Attack (Critical): 135 (48.75% chance of 225)
  • Slide Attack (Red Crit + 4): 1,170 (84.25% chance of 1,350)

with a charge attack instead of a slide attack that damage is up to 3,510 with a 84.25% chance of 4,050 compared to the normal attack damage of 135 on OPs atterax Build.  further add some melee classes have autoprocs on charge attacks like daggers autoslash procs that damage 2.5 not withstanding will deal damage based on that high value while also completely ignoring armor.

let me put it another way, you have 2 warframes you can choose to buff one is Nidus, the well balanced warframe that can do a lot of great things and be very powerful, or do you buff Zephyr who thanks to Parkour 2.0 has been made entirely irrelevant.

1 minute ago, GOLANX said:

you are suggesting that no-one would use charge attacks if it bacially gave you autocrits and redcrits

That's exactly what I'm saying. It takes 3-5 seconds to wind up a charge attack, in that time you could've hit the enemy a half dozen times with just normal attacks. Crits aren't going to level the field there, the idea of charge attacks (just like channeling before it) is inherently flawed.

Who cares about its OP if its fun? Me killing ennemies fast with Maiming Strike (or any other powerful weapon / ability) does not affect your game experience in the slightest.

Stop nerfing what's fun in Warframe, there is no competition out there and it is all about fun and guess what killing ennemies fast in Warframe is fun.

I'm so tired of people crying out for nerfs when basically any well modded weapon can carry you in the hardest of the content available. Warframe is NOT a competitive shooter that needs balancing and that's why I play it.

Should the devs bring out more fun boss fights and something better for raids with maybe harder challenges than jumping on pods at the right time? Absolutely. Should they nerf Maiming Strike? No.

Edited by LordOfTheDread

19 minutes ago, Mewvg2 said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. It takes 3-5 seconds to wind up a charge attack, in that time you could've hit the enemy a half dozen times with just normal attacks. Crits aren't going to level the field there, the idea of charge attacks (just like channeling before it) is inherently flawed.

6*135= 810 hmm what do you know its  a full 2/5 of the damage that the charge attack would deal, now true if your using it against lvl 50 lancers a normal attack is better thats not in question, the point im trying to make is that lvl 150 bombard that you could melt a lot faster with this mod, ya know the one that isn't cannonfodder, that wont die in 2.5 seconds to Embers WOF anyways, the cannon fodder would have died in seconds anyways, the bombard not as much. 

1 minute ago, GOLANX said:

6*135= 810 hmm what do you know its  a full 2/5 of the damage that the charge attack would deal, now true if your using it against lvl 50 lancers a normal attack is better thats not in question, the point im trying to make is that lvl 150 bombard that you could melt a lot faster with this mod, ya know the one that isn't cannonfodder, that wont die in 2.5 seconds to Embers WOF anyways, the cannon fodder would have died in seconds anyways, the bombard not as much. 

1. Level 150 enemies are limited to the Simulacrum, so who cares?

2. Stripping armor is better than straight damage when fighting Sortie level enemies, feeding into things like Condition Overload.

3. The mod is fine the way it is, nothing is going to save charge attacks. Look at all the Channeling mods for reference, most people use channeling on accident rather than intending to use the energy sink.

2 minutes ago, LordOfTheDread said:

Who cares about its OP if its fun? Me killing ennemies fast with Maiming Strike (or any other powerful weapon / ability) does not affect your game experience in the slightest.

but your maiming strike, and WOF do affect my gameplay experience becuase everytime i am forced to play in a public match there you are slidehelicoptering your way through, or in WOF case your just bullet jumping, killing everything without any actual skill, any major amount of input.  the kind of things DE doesn't want in the game, for the same reasons Tonkor got Nerfed and Ash's Bladestorm got nerfed, Maiming strike needs to change, arguably ash still has some uses even after he got his lumps, though bladestorm still needs a rework. 

Let's see..."you're just jealous", "synergy is good", "due compensation"...

:crylaugh:

How predictable. How utterly nonsensical. It's no wonder this conversation never goes anywhere. You have to abandon reason to think that Maiming Strike/Blood Rush builds are not out of balance with the entire rest of the game, or to think that cheesing it in public games doesn't affect other players.

And before anyone says it, no, "just solo/invite only if you don't like it" is not a solution. If you think it is, your parents clearly never taught you how to behave in public. When you are in a shared space, everyone has a responsibility to consider how their actions will affect others. If you want to act without care, you are the one who needs a private space.