Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sword and Shield Concept: The Chione and Vulcan

(PSN)CrysJaL

A new sword and shield. The Chione and Vulcan combines the sharp bite of frost with the smouldering heat of a volcano.

Basic attacks comprise cold damage.

Special effects: 
When Channelling converts all base melee damage into base cold Damage.
When blocking can fire a torrent of fire from the volcano's center from the shield by channelling. This uses equipped mods and has a base fire damage.

The sword is a gladius, with a shard of ice at the base fo the pommel. The Gladius grows to be covered in frost while channeling, grows larger and takes on the shape of a shard of ice.
The Shield is round and circular. A rocky volcano erupts from the centre with lava trails leading from the active volcano at its peak to the edges of the shield.

Note, when converting damage types while channeling. The Cold or Fire effects are read first for elemental combinations. Allowing for additional Elemental combos.

The important stats:

Attack Speed: 0.80

Block chance: 85%

Crit Chance: 5%
Crit Damage: x2.0

Status Chance: 30%

Damage:
Impact: 10
Puncture: 25
Slash: 25

While Channelling: 
Channelling Multiplier: 1.6x
Cold: 60

On Special (channelled melee whilst blocking)

Fire, 18/sec (affected by attack speed)
Range of special 10m (affected by range mods)
Costs 5 Energy per second ( damage and other stats affected by channelling mods)

Crit Chance: 5%
Crit Damage: x2.0

The Chione and Vulcan is a status based shield, using the aoe of the special atack at range to proc status effects while closing the distance to attack enemies while they are weakened. Then, attack enemies up close using the alternative Cold Damage to create additional status effects with a new combination of elements. 

Edited by (PS4)CrysJaL

The second as ry ability should activate when you channel and block, draining energy per second, while firing out flames

It would be cool to incorporate blast into the cold as nd fire attacks somehow

But base stats could be boosted

20% status and crit chance

2.5 crit damage 

0.890 attack speed

85 cold damage on basic attacks

15 fire damage a second on blocked channels 

But, on critical hits

The damage becomes blast instead, another special to it

Basic crits are 95 blast.

Channel block is 25 blast a second 

Crits are blast, regulars are not

See, I was thinking along the lines of adding crit initially. But then I thought about the current swords and shields. Take the Silva and Aegis for example. Already I had put on a slight bit more attack speed. The damage is slightly lower and the crit is nonexistant. That's because as I'm sure you might have thought, this is intended to be a status weapon abusing Condition Overload. 

If I took your above stat changes. This shield would have the greatest stats of all swords and shields, in all relevant categories. Obviously, that would be op. What I'm trying to do is create a new concept without needless power creep.

I was actually thinking this morning about incorporating channeling while blocking as the fire mechanic, glad someone else mentioned it aswell. I'll add that to the design.