Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback concerning the Corrupted faction

Fiedra

I remember a while back in one of your dev workshops (around Specters of The Rail) it was said you were looking into fixing/reworking cheap and unfair enemy tactics.
The way the Corrupted are currently, I think they'd be worth taking a look into.

The grunt units basically scream placeholder. Their weapons either do something completely different than what they're actually used for, (PH Energy Strun)
or are just out of place for their previous affiliations (Regular Dera on Corrupted Lancer).
A visual overhaul or model swap is in order for those weapons. Wouldn't the Crewmen look a lot better with Detron or Mara Detron equipped?

Aside from that, I have a couple other complaints:

• If Corrupted Crewmen are meant to be highly threatening units with deadly weaponry from most ranges, shouldn't they be given a more dangerous presence or behavior to justify the damage they deal? Right now they act as regular grunt AI and spawn just as frequently, which is deceptive considering the caliber of their weaponry at higher levels.
  • I'm sure you've all heard this a million times before, but the Corrupted Bombard's projectiles need to be either possible to shoot down, or to stop following you with great accuracy after a certain range.
  • I don't have any complaints about Nullifiers.
  • Heavy Gunners are mostly fine, but it seems as though their knockdown attack is a death sentence for anyone not using handspring. Adding just a smidge of a grace period that would let you dodgeroll away would be greatly appreciated.
  • The weapon switching stuff you did with a couple of enemies in the Plains was a fantastic idea and, I think it would add flavor to the Corrupted. I'd love to see something like that added to some of their units.

With the advent of the Void Fissure system, the Corrupted can spawn in any tileset and mission, so I think it would be important to refresh them, as most of them haven't gotten a pass in a long time, though correct me if I'm wrong about that.
Thank you for reading.

Corrupted Bombard Missiles are also basically invisible - they look really cool but they blend in with the Tileset really well, doubly so considering they're basically silent.
not that they should all necessarily copy it but Tusk Bombards are really cool - partly because there's like 4 different types of them and also because their dumbfire Rockets are very well telegraphed in an exciting way, as are their Mortars.
it's hitting both sides that is great. a clear telegraph that doesn't get buried in Combat and the telegraph looks&sounds really cool.

the Grineer Heavy Ground Smash attack, all Grapple Hooks, most any CC effect an Enemy has is dumb if you don't slow Enemies enough to bait every single one of them, yes. because usage of these attacks is always used whenever the opportunity exists. which while you can make some use out of that to bait Grineer Heavies into doing the Ground Smash so they can't use it for a while, for Grapple Hooks as ever that means the FRAME that they get LoS with you, is when the Grapple Hook starts flying.

6 minutes ago, Phobonaut said:

You can shoot down the Corrupted Bombard projectiles. It is just really hard.

you have to be using AoE Weapons. any other type of Weapon is literally incapable of it.
all of your Examples are AoE Weapons, that deal Damage with... well, an AoE Explosion type thing.