Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

0 Damage

It would seem that the tried and true "Deal damage to this regenerating body part until it breaks so that you can deal damage to the main part of the boss" that is in so many video games has been thrown out by DE for a new direction, where everything does 0 damage, and you just have to hope you're shooting the right thing in order to progress boss fights.  Literally every other game with the (ridiculous) "invulnerable till they feel like letting you hit them" boss type gives you an identifiable target that you do actual, visible damage to, so that you can eventually do damage to the boss themselves.  

I just wasted a bunch of time failing a Pursuit mission type because of yet another completely unexplained "DO THE THING" explanation where they never actually tell you how to do the thing.

"shoot the engines"  I shot the engines.  I dumped 1000's of rounds into the engines.  It does nothing.  0 damage.  Every once in a while, after an eternity of shooting the engines with no indicator that you're making any headway, it will stall the pursuit target, and they'll stop moving, but that's pretty pointless too, because no matter where I shoot it, no matter where I melee it, it does no damage.  0 damage, over and over.  No indicator other than lotus urging me to constantly "DO THE THING".  

I would very much like to do the thing, if only you would tell me what the thing is.

"read the wiki"

I should not have to have an encyclopedia to play a mission type.  Tell me what I'm doing, and give me some kind of indicator that I'm actually doing it.  The entire Archwing game type is a frustrating mess, and feels like hot garbage.

I think the 'read the wiki isn't acceptable' thing is kinda pointless at this point. almost everything in WF requires you to consult other sources, either external (like forums and wiki...etc), ingame codex, your clan/alliance members or ingame friends and other random players to figure things out 

you could say it's lazy, sorta agree with you, but I and many others say it's to build a community and gets you to be more social 

"that's bull S#&$e" you could say, "just tell me what I need to do", well it's obvious this game does no hand-holding, if you don't like that about it then it might not be for you 

personally, I just do everything I can and try everything until I give up and look for help. especially with the side quests like octavia's (spent an hour in the last missions trying to figure S#&$e out XD). 

"can they do better, just something??" yeah, sure they can. but as we all know, their time management skills are non-existent  

If you don't like the Wiki you might try the codex in your ship.  In pursuit missions you target the reactors on the ship.  Shooting the engines will stop it temporarily but it is the 4 orange dots on the hull you need to break.

For certain aspects, I would agree that it's acceptable to use the wiki and forums.  But for basic mission mechanics?  I looked it up.  There is literally no way I would have ever cared to spend enough time on an already aggravating mission (I despise archwing missions in general, but at least most of them kind of tell you what to do.) to figure out that I have to do 0 damage to the engine long enough to get it to stall so that I can shoot a bunch of obscure little generators that do not stand out from the ship itself in anyway, just so that I can do enough actual damage to permanently disable the ship, so that I can then protect the thing I was doing damage to long enough for lotus to extract info from it.  It's horrendously designed.  Expecting them to convey the game mechanics isn't "hand holding".  

And not to be offensive, but the "you hate one poorly implemented segment of this game, so maybe this game isn't for you" response is really tired.  I think the rest of this game is great.  I just HATE the archwing.  This is the feedback section, so I'm giving them feedback.  The archwing is trash.  Everything about it feels bad, and poorly done.

I think the same applies to that boss with the pipes on the back of his head... no visible damage numbers dealt to them but you can see them magically disconnect.
How did it disconnect? Where did I shoot it to do that? Bug? If I shot it there, why is it not happening to the other pipes?

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)TehChubbyDugan said:

And not to be offensive, but the "you hate one poorly implemented segment of this game, so maybe this game isn't for you" response is really tired.  I think the rest of this game is great.  I just HATE the archwing.  This is the feedback section, so I'm giving them feedback.  The archwing is trash.  Everything about it feels bad, and poorly done.

it's not poorly done, you just don't wanna learn it. it works perfectly fine. you just need to get better at flying :P 

if it's not to your taste, just don't play it. max AW gear for future quests and event...etc and never touch it

14 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

it's not poorly done, you just don't wanna learn it. it works perfectly fine. you just need to get better at flying :P 

if it's not to your taste, just don't play it. max AW gear for future quests and event...etc and never touch it

I've had quite a difficulty on my first time, I was confused and had no idea how much should I shoot it.

I would say it is poorly done, my 2nd run was fine after thoroughly reading the wiki again on what should I do and looked up a video.  I don't remember any indicators that told me to shoot those 4 tiny segments nor have I known of its health to show how much I'm doing.