Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roaming Fortress (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“Of course.” Gol says. “And you must be hungry after such a journey. Why don’t we head to the mess hall? You can rest and refill after our journey and I can tell you more about this place.”

"Your welcome is gratefully received." He follows Gol to the mess hall.

33 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There are several piles of dishes so tall that only an army could produced them.

The butchers under Kilan’s command are busy washing and scrubbing them, dipping each in a sink the size of a bathtub. They seem unaware that the water is too grimy to actually do more than add new filth to the dishes.

——-

Nak sits down.

”As you were.” He says.

He fires once, then looks at the target.

”Hmm.” He says. “Sights are actually aligned. Excellent”.

Twrget after target pops up, and milliseconds later falls back down. The red bulbs on each hostile target shatter, hit dead center.

Its easy to see why Nak reaches such a high ranks. Given his obvious enjoyment at the challenge it seems harder to understand why he would have accepted a desk job.

Krunk walked over to one of the butchers to see how the water was and it was far too dirty to be usable. He leaned over one of the butchers.

"How long have you used that water?" He asked in a somewhat judgemental tone.

----

Thraks was impressed at Nak's skill, both reaction and accuracy wise.

"Should I ramp up the difficulty, sir?" He asked in a more casual, but still somewhat serious voice. He seemed to have calmed his nerves after his previous incidents.

2 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"Your welcome is gratefully received." He follows Gol to the mess hall.

The mess hall houses several officers, all looking fairly important. Gol retrieves two plates of constricted wings, while his lancers stand outside the mess hall door.

He finds a seat in view of the other officers, but not too close.

”So.” He says. “This all started when a Tenno said managed to find this place. The Karen’s tried to let them in, something to do with Orokin bodies and void-magic. Anyways, the Tenno kill one Kween, and all but one of them come back. Well that one stays here, starts aabatoging things. Soon enough the rest of the Tenno, and I’m talking a literal army, show up. They fight there way in here, and take out the other Kween.”

He takes a bite, chews, and then swallows it.

”One of their leaders, some Arbiter or something, gets it into his head that maybe Meridian could use this base. Of course the Grineer fleets are closing in, Fomorians and all that. So he riggs something up, does his Tenno magic, and hurls this place across the system.” He says. “Once things have stopped shaking he calls the Commander up and offers her a new base. Says it may take some fixing up, but it’s got potential.”

2 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

Krunk walked over to one of the butchers to see how the water was and it was far too dirty to be usable. He leaned over one of the butchers.

"How long have you used that water?" He asked in a somewhat judgemental tone.

----

Thraks was impressed at Nak's skill, both reaction and accuracy wise.

"Should I ramp up the difficulty, sir?" He asked in a more casual, but still somewhat serious voice. He seemed to have calmed his nerves after his previous incidents.

The butcher looks at another “cleaner”.

“Ugghhh.” He says. “I dunno.”

The other butcher counts his fingers, holding up seven.

”Yesterday.” He says. 

You begin to see why these soldiers aren’t in combat ops.

——

“Why not?” Nak asks. “Bump it up a notch, Quartermaster.”

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The butcher looks at another “cleaner”.

“Ugghhh.” He says. “I dunno.”

The other butcher counts his fingers, holding up seven.

”Yesterday.” He says. 

You begin to see why these soldiers aren’t in combat ops.

——

“Why not?” Nak asks. “Bump it up a notch, Quartermaster.”

Krunk simply shake his head to the sides and let a hand slip down on his face.

"Sigh, Rule number one when it comes to dishing; make sure the water is clean, otherwise you can't clean anything in it. Got it?" He asked to make sure that the butchers got it.

----

Thraks nodded as he walked to a console, selected the booth that Nak was in and ramped up the difficulty to the next level.

"All ready sir, just say the word"

Edited by WolfmanX9

The mess hall houses several officers, all looking fairly important. Gol retrieves two plates of constricted wings, while his lancers stand outside the mess hall door.

He finds a seat in view of the other officers, but not too close.

”So.” He says. “This all started when a Tenno said managed to find this place. The Karen’s tried to let them in, something to do with Orokin bodies and void-magic. Anyways, the Tenno kill one Kween, and all but one of them come back. Well that one stays here, starts aabatoging things. Soon enough the rest of the Tenno, and I’m talking a literal army, show up. They fight there way in here, and take out the other Kween.”

He takes a bite, chews, and then swallows it.

”One of their leaders, some Arbiter or something, gets it into his head that maybe Meridian could use this base. Of course the Grineer fleets are closing in, Fomorians and all that. So he riggs something up, does his Tenno magic, and hurls this place across the system.” He says. “Once things have stopped shaking he calls the Commander up and offers her a new base. Says it may take some fixing up, but it’s got potential.”

The Veil Operative takes the same food as Gol. He does some strange hand motions and mutters some kind of prayer about "the Void" and some "chains". When finished, he uncovers the bottom half of his hood in order to eat the food.

"It is strange to see such construction achieved by the Grineer. Most of their constructs are crude, misshapen, just like their bodies. But this place has an elegance I never knew the Grineer to have."

35 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

Krunk simply shake his head to the sides and let a hand slip down on his face.

"Sigh, Rule number one when it comes to dishing; make sure the water is clean, otherwise you can't clean anything in it. Got it?" He asked to make sure that the butchers got it.

----

Thraks nodded as he walked to a console, selected the booth that Nak was in and ramped up the difficulty to the next level.

"All ready sir, just say the word"

“But if we use all the water on dishes what will we drink?” The butcher asks.

”Drink rations.” The other says. 

“Stupid there are no drink rations.” The first says, then turns to you. “Are there?”

——

“Begin.” Nak says. 

He takes aim and continues to hit each target dead center, with no more apparent difficulty than the previous level.

41 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The Veil Operative takes the same food as Gol. He does some strange hand motions and mutters some kind of prayer about "the Void" and some "chains". When finished, he uncovers the bottom half of his hood in order to eat the food.

"It is strange to see such construction achieved by the Grineer. Most of their constructs are crude, misshapen, just like their bodies. But this place has an elegance I never knew the Grineer to have."

At the comment about Grineer bodies Gol gives you a look.

“Be that as it may or may not be.” He says. “Both the Kweens and the General have a flair for style. Though clean and ordered is more the General’s style than dark and imposing.”

At the comment about Grineer bodies Gol gives you a look.

“Be that as it may or may not be.” He says. “Both the Kweens and the General have a flair for style. Though clean and ordered is more the General’s style than dark and imposing.”

The Veil Operative pushed the finished plate forward, pulling the hood back down over his mouth. "An excellent meal. If the Grineer ever got their hands on whoever prepared this, their forces would increase in strength a hundred-fold."

He leaned forward. "Now, Captain, what can you tell me about your men you have stationed here? How many strong?"

Edited by Almighty_Jado

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“But if we use all the water on dishes what will we drink?” The butcher asks.

”Drink rations.” The other says. 

“Stupid there are no drink rations.” The first says, then turns to you. “Are there?”

——

“Begin.” Nak says. 

He takes aim and continues to hit each target dead center, with no more apparent difficulty than the previous level.

"I have heard that ale worked as water back in the old days, maybe you could try that for a while and since if that works out for you. Otherwise, some of you might be responsible for poisoning a higher rank officer and you wouldn't want to be found out if that ever happen, don't you?" he pointed out.

----

"Good job sir, shall I make it even harder by putting the dial on the more...extreme setting?" he politely asked Nak, ready to turn up the difficulty even more.

22 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The Veil Operative pushed the finished plate forward, pulling the hood back down over his mouth. "An excellent meal. If the Grineer ever got their hands on whoever prepared this, their forces would increase in strength a hundred-fold."

He leaned forward. "Now, Captain, what can you tell me about your men you have stationed here? How many strong?"

“Fifty thousand.” He says. “We have another twenty arriving soon, and more will come as the empire dissolves. Many of those here are deserters, freed from their bonds by the Kweens’ death. Counting those on the fleets we number about two hundred thousand total in this area.”

He means in closer.

”And we’ve found cloning devices aboard this Fortress.” He says. “Enough to begin producing our own soldiers. That big fellow next to em, He was part of the first batch. Big on brawn. Our research teams are trying to find ways to buff up the brains.”

“Fifty thousand.” He says. “We have another twenty arriving soon, and more will come as the empire dissolves. Many of those here are deserters, freed from their bonds by the Kweens’ death. Counting those on the fleets we number about two hundred thousand total in this area.”

He means in closer.

”And we’ve found cloning devices aboard this Fortress.” He says. “Enough to begin producing our own soldiers. That big fellow next to em, He was part of the first batch. Big on brawn. Our research teams are trying to find ways to buff up the brains.”

He made a mental note of that. The Red Veil had never been particularly thrilled about cloning.

"Speaking of Grineer technology," he asked, "I've heard reports from some of our Tenno allies about... Kuva? Some sort of refining machine aboard this vessel in its 'Tamu' sector is used in its production."

Edited by Almighty_Jado

22 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"I have heard that ale worked as water back in the old days, maybe you could try that for a while and since if that works out for you. Otherwise, some of you might be responsible for poisoning a higher rank officer and you wouldn't want to be found out if that ever happen, don't you?" he pointed out.

----

"Good job sir, shall I make it even harder by putting the dial on the more...extreme setting?" he politely asked Nak, ready to turn up the difficulty even more.

The butchers cower.

”No sir!” The first one says. “We’ll get it fixed right away sir.”

He climbs into the sink, only to dart out a moment later.

“There’s something in there.” He says. 

You see something scuttling about innthe depths murky water. 

——

The next setting is called live fire. Given that the range already uses live ammo it seems a bit odd of a name.

Nak makes a motion with his hand. Either “turn it up” or “keep it coming.”

4 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

He made a mental note of that. The Red Veil had never been particularly thrilled about cloning.

"Speaking of Grineer technology," he asked, "I've heard reports from some of our Tenno allies about... Kuva? Some sort of refining machine aboard this vessel in its 'Tamu' sector is used in its production."

“That is beyond my pay grade.” Gol says. “All I’ve been told is ‘it’s red stuff thaybdoes weird stuff’ that and to stop asking questions.” 

He folds his arms.

”I think they’re hiding something.” He says. “But whatever it is, it’s not my concern.”

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The butchers cower.

”No sir!” The first one says. “We’ll get it fixed right away sir.”

He climbs into the sink, only to dart out a moment later.

“There’s something in there.” He says. 

You see something scuttling about innthe depths murky water. 

——

The next setting is called live fire. Given that the range already uses live ammo it seems a bit odd of a name.

Nak makes a motion with his hand. Either “turn it up” or “keep it coming.”

Krunk grabbed a kitchen knife with one hand and a spatula with the other one, carefully approaching the sink with presumably something in it, hopefully not something alive.

----

Thraks was unsure what Nak meant with his hand signal, so he guessed that he meant to turn up the difficulty. He turned the dial to the "Live Fire" setting, hoping that didn't mean what he thought it meant.

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“That is beyond my pay grade.” Gol says. “All I’ve been told is ‘it’s red stuff thaybdoes weird stuff’ that and to stop asking questions.” 

He folds his arms.

”I think they’re hiding something.” He says. “But whatever it is, it’s not my concern.”

"Mmm. I see." That had been one of Cantis' major points of interest. It was known that the Tenno used the Kuva, and the Orokin before them. While it was debated still what exactly the red fluid was, the higher-ups wanted to know what was planned with such a facility. If he had to, he would infiltrate that area of the fortress himself. The risk was arbitrary to him.

"Well, I've also heard some interesting things about the security of this place. Scanners and turrets, mines, electrical weapons and more supposedly lurk around every corner, ready to kill any intruder immediately with extreme prejudice. How the Tenno managed to evade such traps is impressive. I assume your men found a way to override their controls?"

17 hours ago, WolfmanX9 said:

Krunk grabbed a kitchen knife with one hand and a spatula with the other one, carefully approaching the sink with presumably something in it, hopefully not something alive.

----

Thraks was unsure what Nak meant with his hand signal, so he guessed that he meant to turn up the difficulty. He turned the dial to the "Live Fire" setting, hoping that didn't mean what he thought it meant.

There is certainly something alive. A sleek carapace breaks the water as a some duet of crustacean breaks the surface. It slides a piece of floating grime into its mouth, munching happily.

”Karky!” The Butcher says. “There you are!”

——-

A turret pops up on the range, sending a storm of billets at Nak. He rolls to the side, behind one of the booth walls, and darts out a fries three times in rapid succession. The turret explodes in a shower of sparks.

”Perhaps we could turn it down a notch, Quartermaster.” He says. “Don’t want to ruin the new range.”

17 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"Mmm. I see." That had been one of Cantis' major points of interest. It was known that the Tenno used the Kuva, and the Orokin before them. While it was debated still what exactly the red fluid was, the higher-ups wanted to know what was planned with such a facility. If he had to, he would infiltrate that area of the fortress himself. The risk was arbitrary to him.

"Well, I've also heard some interesting things about the security of this place. Scanners and turrets, mines, electrical weapons and more supposedly lurk around every corner, ready to kill any intruder immediately with extreme prejudice. How the Tenno managed to evade such traps is impressive. I assume your men found a way to override their controls?"

“We’ll Tenno being Tenno I doubt they even looked twice at them.” He says. “back when I served the Kweens we had a Tenno wipe out a third of our platoon before we knew it was there. We passed it off as a gas leak.”

He shrugs.

”Overrode some. Broke others.” He says. “Command is tying to get the prison cells up and operational. There are a few Grineer still holed up inside. General Darrin has been able to work wonders with the other systems. Apparently he’s quite skilled as a hacker.”

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“We’ll Tenno being Tenno I doubt they even looked twice at them.” He says. “back when I served the Kweens we had a Tenno wipe out a third of our platoon before we knew it was there. We passed it off as a gas leak.”

He shrugs.

”Overrode some. Broke others.” He says. “Command is tying to get the prison cells up and operational. There are a few Grineer still holed up inside. General Darrin has been able to work wonders with the other systems. Apparently he’s quite skilled as a hacker.”

“Ah, yes,” he said, leaning back, “The esteemed General Darrin. I have heard many stories about that man. He was involved with the recent assault on Lua, wasn’t he?”

36 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

There is certainly something alive. A sleek carapace breaks the water as a some duet of crustacean breaks the surface. It slides a piece of floating grime into its mouth, munching happily.

”Karky!” The Butcher says. “There you are!”

——-

A turret pops up on the range, sending a storm of billets at Nak. He rolls to the side, behind one of the booth walls, and darts out a fries three times in rapid succession. The turret explodes in a shower of sparks.

”Perhaps we could turn it down a notch, Quartermaster.” He says. “Don’t want to ruin the new range.”

"Um...why was there a crustacean in the dirty water?" he asked out of confusion, putting down the knife and the spatula he was holding in his hands.

----

Thraks immediately went for the emergency stop button as he didn't expect the extreme setting to be this extreme. Once the machinery behind the booth stopped, he rushed toward Nak to see if he was ok. However, he forgot that the floor was somewhat wet and to his unlucky surprise, he tripped on one, tiny little wet spot and fell onto his back, wincing in pain.

"Ow.....stupid wet floor.." he said to himself, feeling foolish for slipping because of his careless action.

Edited by WolfmanX9

15 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

“Ah, yes,” he said, leaning back, “The esteemed General Darrin. I have heard many stories about that man. He was involved with the recent assault on Lua, wasn’t he?”

“His fleet is outside, taking on the Grineer defenses on Ceres.” Gol says. “I’ve never met him in person, few have, but I have seen his ship, the Valor. A Vaykor Fomorian. I’ve heard rumors it uses Orokin technology in its targeting and shielding systems.”

He takes a sip from his mug.

”To answer your question, no, he isn’t involved with the defense of Lua, however he is making sure that the Grineer reinforcements from Ceres do not make it to the fight.” Gol says. “Apparently He and the Tenno in charge there are pretty close.”

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“His fleet is outside, taking on the Grineer defenses on Ceres.” Gol says. “I’ve never met him in person, few have, but I have seen his ship, the Valor. A Vaykor Fomorian. I’ve heard rumors it uses Orokin technology in its targeting and shielding systems.”

He takes a sip from his mug.

”To answer your question, no, he isn’t involved with the defense of Lua, however he is making sure that the Grineer reinforcements from Ceres do not make it to the fight.” Gol says. “Apparently He and the Tenno in charge there are pretty close.”

"This base itself, I've heard, also carries impressive firepower." The Operative pulls out a red holographic display, which several columns of names can be read. "These are all members of the Veil, their lives ended with a shot from this Fortress' Navar Cannon." He performed some kind of hand gesture, a blessing to the souls of the dead. "Such a powerful weapon mounted on a mobile, heavily fortified space station is a little concerning to us. I hope you and your men realize what kind of power you now have within your grasp."

4 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"This base itself, I've heard, also carries impressive firepower." The Operative pulls out a red holographic display, which several columns of names can be read. "These are all members of the Veil, their lives ended with a shot from this Fortress' Navar Cannon." He performed some kind of hand gesture, a blessing to the souls of the dead. "Such a powerful weapon mounted on a mobile, heavily fortified space station is a little concerning to us. I hope you and your men realize what kind of power you now have within your grasp."

“We actually have a test fire prepared for today.” Gol says. “Something to give us an example of the exact blast radius and yield of the cannon. Command doesn’t want to add it to the list of options until we know exactly what it can do. Rest assured we plan to be very careful when utilizing this weapon.”

He looks at the list.

”A lot of unfortunate souls were lost to the weapons of our kind.” He says. “It is a burden we will forever bear.”

29 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"Um...why was there a crustacean in the dirty water?" he asked out of confusion, putting down the knife and the spatula he was holding in his hands.

----

Thraks immediately went for the emergency stop button as he didn't expect the extreme setting to be this extreme. Once the machinery behind the booth stopped, he rushed toward Nak to see if he was ok. However, he forgot that the floor was somewhat wet and to his unlucky surprise, he tripped on one, tiny little wet spot and fell onto his back, wincing in pain.

"Ow.....stupid wet floor.." he said to himself, feeling foolish for slipping because of his careless action.

“And why are you hugging the commander’s next meal?” Kilan asks, stepping back into the ktichen. “I told you to boil that morsel an hour ago.”

The Butcher turns, shielding the larkina with its body.

”Pet not food.” He says.

——

Nak reaches down you help you up.

His armor is dented but it is impossible to tell if the dents are new or old. 

“Well.” He says. “Now we know what that does.”

It strikes you that he is incredibly good natured givem the circumstance.

8 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“We actually have a test fire prepared for today.” Gol says. “Something to give us an example of the exact blast radius and yield of the cannon. Command doesn’t want to add it to the list of options until we know exactly what it can do. Rest assured we plan to be very careful when utilizing this weapon.”

He looks at the list.

”A lot of unfortunate souls were lost to the weapons of our kind.” He says. “It is a burden we will forever bear.”

The Veil Operative pushed his chair back and stood up. "One thing I've always admired about the members of the Steel Meridian; their moral compass and sense of justice. Your willingness to take steps in the right direction for the betterment of the system. To never forget the atrocities of the past is an important step in making progress. Just as a fire cleanses the land, it leaves behind scars upon the earth it has ravaged.
Now, let us walk. I wish to see more of this place."