Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roaming Fortress (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

As you close on the halfway point, several minutes later, you feel a sudden weightlessness. 

The Heavy Lancers hope their legs around the cables and continue to move forwards.

”Tenacious buggers.” Nak says. “That will be useful.”

Ha'ruk follows the example of the lancers and continues on. Do they even need guidance? They seemed pretty skilled. He thought to himself.

22 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden was about to say something, but was abruptly interrupted by a static crackling sound.

"Forgive me, General." Holden pulled out some kind of communication device, tuning the knob until the static cleared. A wheezing voice could be heard on the other end.

"H-Holden...? You there?"

Holden chuckled. "My old friend. What predicament have you gotten yourself into now?"

"It's nothing I..... COUGH... can't handle. Just having a bit of a se- set back."

"Mmmm. Well, I shall not bother to ask what you're doing, but I will ask what you need of the Veil. More Void Relics? Weapon Modifications? My actual assistance?"

"I-I require the special stuff."

"The shells?"

"Yeah, I need like 40 of Ballas' Turds. As soon as possible. I- COUGH I used up my last ones in a r-r-ridiculous gunfight that you wouldn't believe."

"Very well. I am currently in the middle of an inquiry requested by the Veil. After I'm finished here and I submit my report, I will see how I can assist you. I will contact you when I am ready. Until then, do not pester me."

"Ah, thanks Holden. Yo- COUGH COUGH- you're the best, and pleasant as always to talk to. Say hi to the Steel Meridian for me! And try to st-steal come Kuva while you're at it. COUGH!"

Holden stiffened. "Wha- how did you know... this is top secret... you should not-"

"Tracking bea-be-beacon, bitc- COUGH! Okay talk later pal~"

The communicator made a beeping sound as the other person hung up. Holden balled his fists, cursing something about strangling someone with chains while whipping them to death. He turned back to Luc, clearing his throat. "Pardon me, General. A... contact of mine, I owe him a lot of favors."

For the first time since meeting him, Luc’s voice changes from friendly to cold.

”Before we leave the orbit of Ceres you will find that Tracking beacon, and you will disable it.” He says. His tone books no argument. “General Darrin has likely already traced his location. If I were you I would advise your ‘friend’ to never mention Meridian again. Not unless he is partial to unexpected meetings.”

9 minutes ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

Ha'ruk follows the example of the lancers and continues on. Do they even need guidance? They seemed pretty skilled. He thought to himself.

“Good to see the genetic memory is holding up.” Nak says. “Hopefully they’ll remember which end of the gun goes in their shoulder. Hek, we might have to design a new firearm for them. They’ll probably think the current ones are just toys.”

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

For the first time since meeting him, Luc’s voice changes from friendly to cold.

”Before we leave the orbit of Ceres you will find that Tracking beacon, and you will disable it.” He says. His tone books no argument. “General Darrin has likely already traced his location. If I were you I would advise your ‘friend’ to never mention Meridian again. Not unless he is partial to unexpected meetings.”

Holden seems as displeased as Luc. "He is a... carefree individual. He often acts outside any laws or boundaries. He does not like to play by the rules, and were it not for the invaluable information and supplies he provides the Red Veil, I could guarantee we would not be working with him." he grumbled. "My sincerest apologies, General. I will also see to it myself that this whelp gets his lashes. The very fact he traced my ship will not bode well for his reputation among the Council of Marks."

Holden presses his fingers to his temple, as if he had a headache. "By Rell's holy blood, that.... man.... never ceases to perturb me. At least I did not have to speak with his 'cephalon,' if you could even call it that."

45 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Good to see the genetic memory is holding up.” Nak says. “Hopefully they’ll remember which end of the gun goes in their shoulder. Hek, we might have to design a new firearm for them. They’ll probably think the current ones are just toys.”

On the trek to the other side Ha'ruk had some memories fly before his eyes. Memories of the Grustrag facility and the training he was forced to go through. Being ripped apart limb from limb again and again by the three. He grinned his teeth in anger.

47 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden seems as displeased as Luc. "He is a... carefree individual. He often acts outside any laws or boundaries. He does not like to play by the rules, and were it not for the invaluable information and supplies he provides the Red Veil, I could guarantee we would not be working with him." he grumbled. "My sincerest apologies, General. I will also see to it myself that this whelp gets his lashes. The very fact he traced my ship will not bode well for his reputation among the Council of Marks."

Holden presses his fingers to his temple, as if he had a headache. "By Rell's holy blood, that.... man.... never ceases to perturb me. At least I did not have to speak with his 'cephalon,' if you could even call it that."

“I would also advise against attempting to obtain any Kuva.” Luc says. “General Darrin is responsible for at study and he does not take kindly to thieves.”

The Gondola reaches the other side and the Heavy Lancers jump off the cable.

The Guatrag styled clone and the officer behind him also dismount.

8 minutes ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

On the trek to the other side Ha'ruk had some memories fly before his eyes. Memories of the Grustrag facility and the training he was forced to go through. Being ripped apart limb from limb again and again by the three. He grinned his teeth in anger.

Nak waits for you to dismount the cable on the other side.

”Bad memories?” He asks.

53 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“I would also advise against attempting to obtain any Kuva.” Luc says. “General Darrin is responsible for at study and he does not take kindly to thieves.”

The Gondola reaches the other side and the Heavy Lancers jump off the cable.

The Guatrag styled clone and the officer behind him also dismount.

Nak waits for you to dismount the cable on the other side.

”Bad memories?” He asks.

Holden bowed slightly. "I wouldn't dream of it," he said. Unless it was my mission, he thought, then nothing would stop me from getting what the Veil desires.

He pointed at the Grustrag clone. "Him," he asked, "who is he? You know why I ask."

1 hour ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

"Y-Yeah" Ha'ruk would say quietly. "Just memories from the facility, nothing to worry about"

You can see the Veil operative from before pointing at you.

18 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden bowed slightly. "I wouldn't dream of it," he said. Unless it was my mission, he thought, then nothing would stop me from getting what the Veil desires.

He pointed at the Grustrag clone. "Him," he asked, "who is he? You know why I ask."

“Not sure.” Luc says. “He is here at General Darrin’s request.”

27 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Ha'ruk turned to face face the operative. "Ha'ruk, and who are you?" He scoffed, unafraid of the little man.

29 minutes ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

Ha'ruk turned to face face the operative. "Ha'ruk, and who are you?" He scoffed, unafraid of the little man.

He looked up at the towering Grineer, drinking in the closer up sight of his enormous stature and powerful mechanical limbs.

"I am Holden Telum, ambassador of the Red Veil, a son of Rell and a servant of her excellency Palladino. I have come merely to observe the Steel Meridian's operations in this new key property."

He pulls out a small computer like strip of metal, projecting a red screen covered in Orokin font. "Ha'ruk, you say? There are no files of you here. I suspect this is because you have been successful in keeping yourself off grid for a long time. Congratulations."

1 minute ago, Almighty_Jado said:

He looked up at the towering Grineer, drinking in the closer up sight of his enormous stature and powerful mechanical limbs.

"I am Holden Telum, ambassador of the Red Veil, a son of Rell and a servant of her excellency Palladino. I have come merely to observe the Steel Meridian's operations in this new key property."

He pulls out a small computer like strip of metal, projecting a red screen covered in Orokin font. "Ha'ruk, you say? There are no files of you here. I suspect this is because you have been successful in keeping yourself off grid for a long time. Congratulations."

"Red Veil. Yes I have heard of your group, deadly assassins and fanatics as some would say." Ha'ruk chuckled at the ambassador's comment. "That and Tengus is not keen on failure. He surely deleted all public knowledge of my existence he could find." Ha'ruk's robotic implant scanned the ambassador for any possible weaknesses and strengths, seeing what these Red Veil were like combat wise

1 minute ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

"Red Veil. Yes I have heard of your group, deadly assassins and fanatics as some would say." Ha'ruk chuckled at the ambassador's comment. "That and Tengus is not keen on failure. He surely deleted all public knowledge of my existence he could find." Ha'ruk's robotic implant scanned the ambassador for any possible weaknesses and strengths, seeing what these Red Veil were like combat wise

Ha'ruk's scanner reveals that Holden is actually quite old. Considering he is a genetically unmodified human, you would suppose that he would be more frail or weak, but he appears to have muscles and skeletal structures to rival a human in their prime age. His suit appears to made of a basic, Tenno created synthetic fiber that is resistant to sharp blades, but overall not all that effective at being a protective armor.

"I assure you, most of Tengus' so called secrets are not unknown to the Veil. But you... you're something much, much more special."

7 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Ha'ruk's scanner reveals that Holden is actually quite old. Considering he is a genetically unmodified human, you would suppose that he would be more frail or weak, but he appears to have muscles and skeletal structures to rival a human in their prime age. His suit appears to made of a basic, Tenno created synthetic fiber that is resistant to sharp blades, but overall not all that effective at being a protective armor.

"I assure you, most of Tengus' so called secrets are not unknown to the Veil. But you... you're something much, much more special."

Ha'ruk grinned at the scanner's results. "Special? I would call myself unique but not special. I am surprised you would say such a thing."

7 minutes ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

Ha'ruk grinned at the scanner's results. "Special? I would call myself unique but not special. I am surprised you would say such a thing."

"I've... been around many Grineer in my time," Holden said, recalling once again the clone he had tortured for information not long ago.

"Hold still," Holden commanded, as the Grineer struggled in its magnetic clasps as it lay on an examination table. The room was dark, with dim red lighting revealing other operatives watching from the sidelines. Holden injected a fusion needle into the Grineer's neck, slowly adding a powerful drug into his bloodstream. It would sedate him, making him less tolerant to pain.
There was a grinding sound. Holden glanced across the room as a fellow operative was sharpening a Heat Dagger.
Holden leaned over the Grineer. "The experimental ones," he asked calmly, "Tengus' new playthings. Don't act like you don't know, Gokod. We know you were one of Tengus' own personal security officers. We know that YOU know something about his new project."
The other Operative handed Holden the knife. "What exactly are they? Those... 'Grineer Monsters'. I believe that's what we intercepted on your poorly encrypted transmissions."
Holden flicked a switch on the blade, and the dagger's edge began to gain an orange glow as it flooded with heat.
"Silence, hmm? I suppose you might be dumb. Unable to speak." Holden laughed. "Or you could just be stupid. A shame, either way."
Holden stabbed the dagger into the Grineer's left arm, plunging the blade deep into the clone's own flesh. The Grineer screamed, and immediately began to beg for mercy.
"
Klus rrurt!" the Grineer begged, "No no! Ro rus rrurt tk me! Please stop!"
"Ahh," Holden said, his grip tight on the blade as is burned through his flesh, "the walking vat of flesh speaks. Give us anything, and I shall see to it that your torment ends."
The Grineer's face was thick with sweat. He struggled to speak, "I... see not much. Tengus keep big secret... Vay Hek sees more secrets... 
Les legger, I say one day to my ally. We see terrible thing."
Holden leaned closer. "You saw them?"
The Grineer nodded. "I... see... it... the Ghoul."
Holden stood up, pulling the knife with him. The Grineer gasped as the hot blade left his now thoroughly burned flesh. "
Gar'gre ge me gghuty?" the Grineer asked painfully.
"Is there anything else you know?" Holden asked, circling the table.
The Grineer shook his head. "No... no... please..."
Holden looked to the side. "All scanners show he isn't lying. His brain chemistry confirms this. He's telling the truth. He knows nothing else." an operative working a machine from the side says.
"Yes, you see? I say truth! No lie! Now you stop pain!" The Grineer was nearly crying. The burn injury was likely much more potent as the drug worked its way around his mangled body.
"I believe you, my friend," Holden said, approaching the table once more. He shrugged, "And I'll hold up my promise."
He stabbed the blade through his neck.

"I can tell a better Grineer from the others easily. Without a doubt you're not only tougher, but also stronger in mind than the others. Your brain, more resolute." Holden stroked his chin. "If Tengus had found a way to control you, the system would be in major trouble."

15 hours ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

14 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"I've... been around many Grineer in my time," Holden said, recalling once again the clone he had tortured for information not long ago.

"Hold still," Holden commanded, as the Grineer struggled in its magnetic clasps as it lay on an examination table. The room was dark, with dim red lighting revealing other operatives watching from the sidelines. Holden injected a fusion needle into the Grineer's neck, slowly adding a powerful drug into his bloodstream. It would sedate him, making him less tolerant to pain.
There was a grinding sound. Holden glanced across the room as a fellow operative was sharpening a Heat Dagger.
Holden leaned over the Grineer. "The experimental ones," he asked calmly, "Tengus' new playthings. Don't act like you don't know, Gokod. We know you were one of Tengus' own personal security officers. We know that YOU know something about his new project."
The other Operative handed Holden the knife. "What exactly are they? Those... 'Grineer Monsters'. I believe that's what we intercepted on your poorly encrypted transmissions."
Holden flicked a switch on the blade, and the dagger's edge began to gain an orange glow as it flooded with heat.
"Silence, hmm? I suppose you might be dumb. Unable to speak." Holden laughed. "Or you could just be stupid. A shame, either way."
Holden stabbed the dagger into the Grineer's left arm, plunging the blade deep into the clone's own flesh. The Grineer screamed, and immediately began to beg for mercy.
"
"Ahh," Holden said, his grip tight on the blade as is burned through his flesh, "the walking vat of flesh speaks. Give us anything, and I shall see to it that your torment ends."
The Grineer's face was thick with sweat. He struggled to speak, "I... see not much. Tengus keep big secret... Vay Hek sees more secrets... 
Holden stood up, pulling the knife with him. The Grineer gasped as the hot blade left his now thoroughly burned flesh. "
Holden looked to the side. "All scanners show he isn't lying. His brain chemistry confirms this. He's telling the truth. He knows nothing else." an operative working a machine from the side says.
"Yes, you see? I say truth! No lie! Now you stop pain!" The Grineer was nearly crying. The burn injury was likely much more potent as the drug worked its way around his mangled body.
"I believe you, my friend," Holden said, approaching the table once more. He shrugged, "And I'll hold up my promise."

"I can tell a better Grineer from the others easily. Without a doubt you're not only tougher, but also stronger in mind than the others. Your brain, more resolute." Holden stroked his chin. "If Tengus had found a way to control you, the system would be in major trouble."

Luc and Nak are engaged in a deep conversation. Suddenly Nak salutes and jogs away.

“I will oversee the Heavy Lancers training for now.” Luc says. “Ha’Ruk, lead them to the firing range.”

Luc and Nak are engaged in a deep conversation. Suddenly Nak salutes and jogs away.

“I will oversee the Heavy Lancers training for now.” Luc says. “Ha’Ruk, lead them to the firing range.”

14 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"

Ha'ruk smiled. "I thank you operative, that is truly a wonderful complement." Ha'ruk turned to face Luc. "Oh, very well then. Alright lancers, we are heading to the firing range! Double column on me!"

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

4 hours ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

Ha'ruk smiled. "I thank you operative, that is truly a wonderful complement." Ha'ruk turned to face Luc. "Oh, very well then. Alright lancers, we are heading to the firing range! Double column on me!"

Holden made some kind of hand gesture as a blessing to Ha'ruk. "Best of luck to you in the future," Holden said, "may the chains break in your wake."
"General," Holden called out, "I will accompany these men to the firing range, and take one last observation of the quality of these soldiers, after which I believe I shall depart, as I am mostly convinced the Steel Meridian has an effective hold on the Fortress."

Edited by Almighty_Jado

On 1/15/2018 at 12:15 PM, WolfmanX9 said:

"Oh deer...It never stops coming huh? While I'm only here to do a gift for someone, I do have bad news for you: You need to clean the sinks or you will never keep the water clean from the grime that have build up in the sinks. When was the last time since you cleaned the sinks anyway?" he asked as he started to grab the ingredients needed to make the gift for Brutus, a specialty that he usually served to Silver when she's been extra good girl.

----

"Hm..." he said to himself as he had a feeling that the extra firing pin was a missing piece. He started his search for anything that might look out of place, even it that meant that he had to disassemble it and rebuild it yet again.

The butcher holds up his uands.

”Ten.” He says.

You cannot tell whether he means ten days or ten months.”

——

A strange group enters the firing range. Eight individuals looking like Lech Kril, one looking like one of the Guarrag Three, a massive Grineer in power armor, and a Red Veil Oeprative. The massive grineer’s medals clearly identify him as a General.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden made some kind of hand gesture as a blessing to Ha'ruk. "Best of luck to you in the future," Holden said, "may the chains break in your wake."
"General," Holden called out, "I will accompany these men to the firing range, and take one last observation of the quality of these soldiers, after which I believe I shall depart, as I am mostly convinced the Steel Meridian has an effective hold on the Fortress."

5 hours ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

Luc nods and smiles and leads you to the firing range. A Bombard is setting up a crate, while a Lancer is polishing weapons.

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

”Ten.” He says.

——

A strange group enters the firing range. Eight individuals looking like Lech Kril, one looking like one of the Guarrag Three, a massive Grineer in power armor, and a Red Veil Oeprative. The massive grineer’s medals clearly identify him as a General.

Luc nods and smiles and leads you to the firing range. A Bombard is setting up a crate, while a Lancer is polishing weapons.

Ha'ruk looks around. "Well it isnt as much as I expected but it will do. It certainly will do."

”Ten.” He says.

——

"Judging from the way your sinks looks like, I would say a long time ago. I would suggest you clean them as soon as possible or you will never get the plates cleaned" he said as he was almost done with the gift to Brutus and it looked pretty large.

----

Thraks stopped to "fix" the hek that the lancer seemed to cover up by making it look whole, but said firing pin was missing, so he had to re-assemble it. He walked toward the group and saluted.

"Welcome to the firing range gentlemens, I'm your quartermaster Thraks at your service" the elite lancer with the makeshift camo hoody on his back said.

24 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"Judging from the way your sinks looks like, I would say a long time ago. I would suggest you clean them as soon as possible or you will never get the plates cleaned" he said as he was almost done with the gift to Brutus and it looked pretty large.

----

Thraks stopped to "fix" the hek that the lancer seemed to cover up by making it look whole, but said firing pin was missing, so he had to re-assemble it. He walked toward the group and saluted.

"Welcome to the firing range gentlemens, I'm your quartermaster Thraks at your service" the elite lancer with the makeshift camo hoody on his back said.

The Red Veil operative remains at the back of the group, regarding the scene at a distance.

25 minutes ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

Ha'ruk looks around. "Well it isnt as much as I expected but it will do. It certainly will do."

24 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

----

Just now, Almighty_Jado said:

The Red Veil operative remains at the back of the group, regarding the scene at a distance.

Luc motions to the Heavy Lancers. 

“Our newest batch just hatched.” He says. “We’re hoping for some firing exercises to see what they can do. I’ll leave the choice of weapons in your hands, Quartermaster.”

27 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

The next time you glance back you see one butcher holding another by his ankles and lowering him into the sink to scrub.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Luc motions to the Heavy Lancers. 

“Our newest batch just hatched.” He says. “We’re hoping for some firing exercises to see what they can do. I’ll leave the choice of weapons in your hands, Quartermaster.”

"Yes sir" he said with yet another salute to Luc before he turned his attention to the Heavy lancers.

"Before we start with the exercises, I have a couple questions I would like to ask you. The first one being what should you not do with a gun near allies? This question has many ways answers, I just want to hear if you know may or may not know" 

The next time you glance back you see one butcher holding another by his ankles and lowering him into the sink to scrub.

Krunk smiled a bit for a short moment as the butchers did their best to clean the sinks. After a long hour of creating later, he was finally done with the gift for Brutus as he lifted it, carried it over his shoulder and started to walk back to his sleeping quarter with Silver gladly following him.