The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roaming Fortress (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

Just now, Rakawan said:

Tavor is where you left him. He turns as you approach.

”Having some trouble with Shen?” He asks. 

"I've not spoken to him yet, I'm here to address 3 things, it was 2 but thanks to Marise, it is now 3" *He takes a seat* "First of all: It will be highly unlikely that the Grinner will let us pass safely, as my request I wish the fleet to attack, I don't want to waste more time on this, I kown we will be helping Lua, but I'm not doing it for them traotoirs, I'm doing it for my daugter" *He puases* "2nd: I wish that my peronoal room was not filled to the brim of spyware, I huubmly reuqest they are to be removed" 

*He seems not pleased with the amount of devices that can pick up calls or trance them with ease* "I wish to simply have my own peace, even in my own bathroom, seems very offputting" *He clears his throat* "Now about miss Marise, I seek to see her deal with her subjects, however the moment I brought it up, she yelled at me and slammed the door into my face, this is unacceptable: I request she is dealt with, and about the test subjects themselfs, Really, live, people subjects, I have to admit, I did some such things in the past with grinner or corpous, but I rest asure you, I am not pleased with how we handle such" *He says poitoely* "Chuold you give me more info on this"

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"I've not spoken to him yet, I'm here to address 3 things, it was 2 but thanks to Marise, it is now 3" *He takes a seat* "First of all: It will be highly unlikely that the Grinner will let us pass safely, as my request I wish the fleet to attack, I don't want to waste more time on this, I kown we will be helping Lua, but I'm not doing it for them traotoirs, I'm doing it for my daugter" *He puases* "2nd: I wish that my peronoal room was not filled to the brim of spyware, I huubmly reuqest they are to be removed" 

*He seems not pleased with the amount of devices that can pick up calls or trance them with ease* "I wish to simply have my own peace, even in my own bathroom, seems very offputting" *He clears his throat* "Now about miss Marise, I seek to see her deal with her subjects, however the moment I brought it up, she yelled at me and slammed the door into my face, this is unacceptable: I request she is dealt with, and about the test subjects themselfs, Really, live, people subjects, I have to admit, I did some such things in the past with grinner or corpous, but I rest asure you, I am not pleased with how we handle such" *He says poitoely* "Chuold you give me more info on this"

“I see.” Tavor says. He picks up an Ayatan sculpture. 

“As for your first request, I will not grant it. Upon reflection I agree with Lord Eli. It is not yet time to reveal our full might. However there is an alternative. If we activate the defenses it will decimate the Grineer fleets, and create enough of a diversion for a cloaked ship to slip through. The central tower is still under our control so we would risk nothing by traveling there. If the Tenno refuse to surrender your daughter then the tower will be our bargaining chip.” 

He sets the statue down.

”As for the second, i will take it under consideration.” Tavor says. “You must understand that certain measures must be taken to ensure my safety. If I perish this effort fails.”

“As for your third request.” He says. “Marise’s experiments require live subjects. She has assured me that they are treated well for their station. If you have evidence to the contrary, then present it. Otherwise I would ask that you do not interfere in her business just as she will not interfere with yours.”

He turns to leave.

”And when the others are around I ask that you adopt a more formal tone.” He says. “I owe you my life, not them. It would not do for them to believe they can make such requests well.”

46 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Given the shredded nature of the captain the head pops free with a portion of the spine as you lift it. 

“Bombard!” HL11 shouts. An explosion goes off behind you, the wave striking you in the back.

Ha'ruk cursed something quietly and dropped the body, grabbing the head instead. As Ha'ruk got back up he was forced to the ground by the shock-wave of a bombard explosion. Ha'ruk cursed again and tried to stand up, looking around to see what happened.

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“I see.” Tavor says. He picks up an Ayatan sculpture. 

“As for your first request, I will not grant it. Upon reflection I agree with Lord Eli. It is not yet time to reveal our full might. However there is an alternative. If we activate the defenses it will decimate the Grineer fleets, and create enough of a diversion for a cloaked ship to slip through. The central tower is still under our control so we would risk nothing by traveling there. If the Tenno refuse to surrender your daughter then the tower will be our bargaining chip.” 

He sets the statue down.

”As for the second, i will take it under consideration.” Tavor says. “You must understand that certain measures must be taken to ensure my safety. If I perish this effort fails.”

“As for your third request.” He says. “Marise’s experiments require live subjects. She has assured me that they are treated well for their station. If you have evidence to the contrary, then present it. Otherwise I would ask that you do not interfere in her business just as she will not interfere with yours.”

He turns to leave.

”And when the others are around I ask that you adopt a more formal tone.” He says. “I owe you my life, not them. It would not do for them to believe they can make such requests well.”

"I see, well, I'll keep that in mind my prince" *He says* "As for my first request, very well, I do hope that this plan goes well, as I want her to safety" *He rubs his head* "I understand and fully respect it for your safety, but I prefer to live in my own comfort, but thank you"

*He exhales* "As for my third, I will leave her to her tasks then, but thank you for your time, I will be off, to our mission"  

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The door opens to reveal a very spartan room. There is a bedroll by the “window” screen, and simple table. A warframe hangs in the corner and man is sitting on a rug, meditating.

“Enter.” Shen says. 

He rises to his feet, sliding the daggers on his lap into their sheaths. 

“I take it Lord Orion wishes to speak with me?” He asks.

As he stands you can see the shrine he was facing. It is simple I construction, and features but a single item.

A single link of void warped chain.

"Yes, I..." his voice trails off as he spots the chain. Another disciple of the Veil?! Holden's mind raced. I do not recognize him!

He cleared his throat. "Ah, yes. Indeed he does. If you would follow me...."

10 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"Yes, I..." his voice trails off as he spots the chain. Another disciple of the Veil?! Holden's mind raced. I do not recognize him!

He cleared his throat. "Ah, yes. Indeed he does. If you would follow me...."

Shen notices your gaze and tone.

”You were a member of Veil, where you not?” He asks. “I pray that more see the light as you and I have. The Orokin will purify this system of it’s corruptions and return it to a pristine state.”

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Shen notices your gaze and tone.

”You were a member of Veil, where you not?” He asks. “I pray that more see the light as you and I have. The Orokin will purify this system of it’s corruptions and return it to a pristine state.”

Holden had to drop his vassal's polite and silent personality and talk to this man as a member of the Veil.

He waved his hand in the Veil's typical gesture of greeting, bringing his arm down and bending over it. "Do you really believe the Orokin can bring the cleansing fire upon the system? They who were the first corruption, and the fuel for the first purge?"

24 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden had to drop his vassal's polite and silent personality and talk to this man as a member of the Veil.

He waved his hand in the Veil's typical gesture of greeting, bringing his arm down and bending over it. "Do you really believe the Orokin can bring the cleansing fire upon the system? They who were the first corruption, and the fuel for the first purge?"

You see something almost akin to disappointment in Shen’s eyes.

”I believe in Veil’s idealogoies and their goals.” He says. “And I honor  Rell’s sacrifice, but do not take me for one of Palladino’s sheep. Veil and the Remnant can be a purifying fire, with the right guidance of course.”

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

"I see, well, I'll keep that in mind my prince" *He says* "As for my first request, very well, I do hope that this plan goes well, as I want her to safety" *He rubs his head* "I understand and fully respect it for your safety, but I prefer to live in my own comfort, but thank you"

*He exhales* "As for my third, I will leave her to her tasks then, but thank you for your time, I will be off, to our mission"  

Tavor simply nods. 

52 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You see something almost akin to disappointment in Shen’s eyes.

”I believe in Veil’s idealogoies and their goals.” He says. “And I honor  Rell’s sacrifice, but do not take me for one of Palladino’s sheep. Veil and the Remnant can be a purifying fire, with the right guidance of course.”

Holden's face bore a steeled expression. This man, Shen, calling him a sheep? Sheep without a shepherd were nothing but food for wolves. Only order would unite them into a spark.

"This discussion will wait for another day. For now, his lordship Zaeed Orion requests your presence." He turned his back to Shen and left the room, gesturing at him to follow.

19 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden's face bore a steeled expression. This man, Shen, calling him a sheep? Sheep without a shepherd were nothing but food for wolves. Only order would unite them into a spark.

"This discussion will wait for another day. For now, his lordship Zaeed Orion requests your presence." He turned his back to Shen and left the room, gesturing at him to follow.

Shen follows. 

You reach Zaeed’s room just as he returns.

50 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed takes his leave, heading to Shen* "...."

Shen and Holden are waiting outside your room.

3 hours ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

Ha'ruk cursed something quietly and dropped the body, grabbing the head instead. As Ha'ruk got back up he was forced to the ground by the shock-wave of a bombard explosion. Ha'ruk cursed again and tried to stand up, looking around to see what happened.

A row of Corrupted Bombards file into the room.

Luc’s Grattler kicks up smoke and scrap between you, some of the rounds releasing clouds of smoke. 

“Won’t keep them for long.” He says. “Move!”

21 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Shen follows. 

You reach Zaeed’s room just as he returns.

Shen and Holden are waiting outside your room.

*He walks in, not noticing them at first* "I swear, if we repeat the same mistakes of the old war, I'm going to be very pissed" *He sighs* "I have to admit, “Lady Sena is quite the cute lady, eh, don't get your hopes up, Zaeed, she'll never want a dog like yourself" *It appears he's talking to himself, he sets his datapad down* 

Edited by -Platinum-
Forgot to quote Jado, whoops

19 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He walks in, not noticing them at first* "I swear, if we repeat the same mistakes of the old war, I'm going to be very pissed" *He sighs* "I have to admit, “Lady Sena is quite the cute lady, eh, don't get your hopes up, Zaeed, she'll never want a dog like yourself" *It appears he's talking to himself, he sets his datapad down* 

Holden clears his throat loudly.

41 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A row of Corrupted Bombards file into the room.

Luc’s Grattler kicks up smoke and scrap between you, some of the rounds releasing clouds of smoke. 

“Won’t keep them for long.” He says. “Move!”

Ha’ruk nodded in appreciation to Luc and ran deeper into the base, trying to stay close for Luc but far enough that the bombards couldn’t hit him.

34 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

“I din’t know.” Sena says. “You have a rugged charm to you.”

15 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Shen has an amused smile on his face.

”My apologies Master.” The Cephalon says, as as a hidden nozzle sprays a cloud of mist at Sena. “She barged in here and refused to leave. The knockout gas is not having any effect.”

”That’s because I replaced it with perfume.” Sena says. “I needed the gas for my work.”

28 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“I din’t know.” Sena says. “You have a rugged charm to you.”

Shen has an amused smile on his face.

”My apologies Master.” The Cephalon says, as as a hidden nozzle sprays a cloud of mist at Sena. “She barged in here and refused to leave. The knockout gas is not having any effect.”

”That’s because I replaced it with perfume.” Sena says. “I needed the gas for my work.”

*Zaeed jumps a bit* "Ah, I had no idea you were here!" *He sighs* "I do, well that's a good start" *He looks to the side* "Don't worry Cephalon, you can add Sena to the list of who can enter" *he clears his throat* "feely"

13 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed jumps a bit* "Ah, I had no idea you were here!" *He sighs* "I do, well that's a good start" *He looks to the side* "Don't worry Cephalon, you can add Sena to the list of who can enter" *he clears his throat* "feely"

“And there goes the challenge.” Sena says. “If you don’t need anything I will be going.”

Shen steps into the room.

”You wanted to speak with me, Orion.” He says. “Did you need something?

46 minutes ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

Ha’ruk nodded in appreciation to Luc and ran deeper into the base, trying to stay close for Luc but far enough that the bombards couldn’t hit him.

The door closes as you moved through it, blocking off the corrupted.

”Armory is just ahead.” Luc says. “With the gear inside we should be able to...”

The door bursts open, Gorgon rounds screaming through the air. 

A golded and metallic figure steps from the armory, a neural sentry device implanted in his skull. 

Corrupted units spill into the hallway behind the corrupted Lech Kril, weapons drawn.

You see the other door heat up in spots as the corrupted there try to cut through. It appears you are trapped.

Edited by Rakawan

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Brutus promptly switches to a rendition of “I’m dying why won’t you feed me?” and rolls onto his stomach.

He quiets down when Kilan emerges from the kitchen with a plate of scraps for him.

”In the event of a breach officers will inform the armory.” Kilan says. “We don’t want people panicking during a live fire exercise. You were probably not included because your badge has not been entered yet.”

"I see..Although I have been in worse situation than a potential attack. Nearly died to an infested Juggernaut that I accidently made him angry"

"Wasn't that the reason you lost all of your weapons?"

"Correct. I emptied them and sacrifice my jat kusar in order to buy me some time" he added to his explanation.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“And there goes the challenge.” Sena says. “If you don’t need anything I will be going.”

Shen steps into the room.

”You wanted to speak with me, Orion.” He says. “Did you need something?

*He looks over* "Wait, Sena, I've called you, so you can assist me on this mission, we're going to go to Lua, to do a trade, we'll hijack the Oorkiin towers to destroy the Grinner and slip trought, My mission is to find my daughter and to kidnap a girl called Sam" *He says* 

2 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"I see..Although I have been in worse situation than a potential attack. Nearly died to an infested Juggernaut that I accidently made him angry"

"Wasn't that the reason you lost all of your weapons?"

"Correct. I emptied them and sacrifice my jat kusar in order to buy me some time" he added to his explanation.

“Back when this place was under the commanbdof the Kweens, There was a captain that was giving me trouble.” Kilan says. “That ended when Brutus tore off his arm. I though for sure that the Kweens would have him out down. Instead they brought him to the royal kennel to sire a batch of pups. Turns out the current alpha was not producing viragos that were vicious enough for their entertainment. Thankfully Meridian showed up before the Kweens realized the Brutus isn’t a mean Drahk, just a protective one.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Back when this place was under the commanbdof the Kweens, There was a captain that was giving me trouble.” Kilan says. “That ended when Brutus tore off his arm. I though for sure that the Kweens would have him out down. Instead they brought him to the royal kennel to sire a batch of pups. Turns out the current alpha was not producing viragos that were vicious enough for their entertainment. Thankfully Meridian showed up before the Kweens realized the Brutus isn’t a mean Drahk, just a protective one.”

((Just to make it a bit easier, I will "mark" who speaks for the time being))

Thraks: "Is that so?" he said, looking toward Brutus as he didn't think that someone as big as Brutus would be this...friendly.

Krunk: "What happen to this captain? Did he...you know..live another day?" he asked, somewhat curious to find out what happen to the captain.

5 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks over* "Wait, Sena, I've called you, so you can assist me on this mission, we're going to go to Lua, to do a trade, we'll hijack the Oorkiin towers to destroy the Grinner and slip trought, My mission is to find my daughter and to kidnap a girl called Sam" *He says* 

“I like it.” She says. “It’s cunnimg, ambitious and vengeful.”

”I advise against the latter.” Shen says. “The Wraiths are skilled infiltrators and spies. Taking one alive will require time and preparation. We are not ready for that yet.”