Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Third source for Plat?

(XBOX)Epickiro7994130

In this forum I’d like to bring up a third possible way to get platinum. The idea focuses on an in game rng style of drop exclusive to sorties , Lua, and Kuva. For the sorties it will be a possible drop and be around 100-150 platinum. For Lua it will be a chance drop of 20% for 50 platinum IF all caches have been opened or if all of the data is retrieved on the spy mission there’s a 50% chance for 50 platinum. Kuva it’s basically the same for Lua. Hopefully this can be balanced and maybe turned into a actual thing in Warframe.

3 hours ago, CaptainohCaptain said:

Sorry, but I'd rather pay small fee and buy 60% of prime stuff I don't have rather than pay same fee and be able to afford only 2 items because some players farm plat like crazy, post youtube videos on "how to bankrupt DE" and incredibly vocal all around both on forums and trade chat.

Huh. Interesting point of view.

But why?

We already have 3 options to obtain it;

1. From DE
  2. From Players
  3. From Twitch contests

Keep in mind, this is a premium currency that DE makes actual money off of, why would they make it cheaper and easier to buy large sums for reasonable amounts of money?  Offering discounts or in game drops lowers how much and often players buy it.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Epickiro7994130 said:

Huh. Interesting point of view.

It's just how market works. You give players too much freebies while keeping "exchange" rates the same - and you butchered your own real money-paid currency exchange because why even go for it?

In the meantime, platinum becomes abundant and thus all the prices go up - why sell stuff cheap if getting platinum is just a matter of farm? So you get double throat slice for your exchange because paying players get less and less stuff.

Sure, DE could use dual paid currencies with platinum being the main currency and, let's say, Steevium a floating one, being able to redeemed for platinum approximately gained through x hours of grind. But hey, why make system more complex when old one works? And it's still won't solve the problem of market prices inflating like crazy, it will just secure the exchange.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Epickiro7994130 said:

I must say you all are right, however many players quite do to the near necessity to buy platinum and before you say they can just trade for plat that takes a hundred times as much work with a fifth of the gain.

How so?  

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

Trading on Console is almost as venomous as doing Rad sorties with Saryn in your team.

So we should break the game, just so people can circumvent it?  Why not go to a third party site like Warframe.market and only trade through there. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

So we should break the game, just so people can circumvent it?  Why not go to a third party site like Warframe.market and only trade through there. 

I did not say that, I am helping you understand OP's issue.

He is playing the game as we played it in 2014/2015 :D

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

I did not say that, I am helping you understand OP's issue.

He is playing the game as we played it in 2014/2015 :D

I do understand the issue OP is having, thank you for pointing it out, but I don't think their suggestion is a valid way to "fix" the overall problem with their trade community.

/shrug

5 hours ago, CaptainohCaptain said:

Sorry, but I'd rather pay small fee and buy 60% of prime stuff I don't have rather than pay same fee and be able to afford only 2 items because some players farm plat like crazy, post youtube videos on "how to bankrupt DE" and incredibly vocal all around both on forums and trade chat.

This.

GTA Online is rampant with this sort of thing since there is only a single currency. 

This leads to exploitation and arguably excessive grinding resulting in the prices of newer items being far higher than previous items despite being at a similar value.

Yes. Trading on console is the equivalent to playing a level 100 sorties with all unranked Excaliburs with only aklatos for weapons. What I’m saying on console it is next to impossible to acquire even a small sum of platinum and third party websites can only do so much in this aspect. To sum it all up by the time I make a total of 200 platinum through trading there every Warframe will have a Prime variant (even Gara and Khora).