Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarizing Change/Improvement

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

We all know, except for newbies, that you can polarize your weapons and warframes in order to hold more or better mods. The problem I see is that there is a blank option, as in you can polarize your weapon or warframe with no benifits.

I feel like the blank option shouldn’t be there. Instead it start off with the y symbol or something so if a person slips up they won’t accidentally polarize their weapon or warframe without gaining any benifits from it.

Another thing I was wondering is if maybe if you polarize your weapon or warframe with the blank, it increases the capacity by like 3-4 tops. It may not be as benificial as having a polarity on a slot that can reduced high capacity mods like prime mods, however it would also allow players not to regret polarizing a slot with the wrong polarity. After all there a dozens of different configurations but not all mods may be able to fit the polarities.

Sure we would have to polarize 2-3 times more that way but the benefit of not having to worry about polarities would be worth it. 

I’m not saying that we shouldn’t be able to polarize at all, but the slight increase in capacity could be an option for the players. 

But either way, tell me what y’all think but be completely 100% honest, with evidence or facts, if your opinion is negative. Facts outweighs opinions after all. 

Pretty sure there are multiple confirmations steps before you finalize the polarization.

The blank is there to allow players to remove polarization because sometimes you just have too many naramon and what you need is a flexible slot. 

As for adding mod cap, the purpose of polarity is to make space for the correct mods. If this was added, then I'm pretty sure everyone would just put a blank space on everything. That would give them enough space and flexibility to mod however they want. That might sound like a good thing, I mean it sounds reeeaaaally good, but we do need some restrictions to our power. We already have too much as it is. 

My suggestion, mash your buttons when polarizing your warframe and weapons. 

The blank option should be there. Some people would like to use any Aura on certain frames, or remove something like the Naramon polarity on Inaros's Exilus. 

The structure of Forma and Polarization is not perfect, but I find it very good at what it does: spending time and investing in gear. If you want to make a weapon the best it can be, you need to invest time and resources into the item.

I agree, blanks I don't feel should even exist in the polarity picks you get from Formas, that is beyond anything stupid, using a Forma to break a polarity. What sense is in that, why wouldn't you use something else to do that, aren't Formas added to a weapon when used? So in essence, wouldn't you need to remove a Forma to make the polarity blank again?

I also have another suggestion to add to this though, which is allowing players to turn polarized slots off or on, in order to get rid of that nonsensical option you mentined and the increase in drain for the wrong polarity mod being used. First off, that isn't something you should have, you're upgrading your weapon and resetting it, second, It's not as if you are changing the polarity to get increased values of things you didn't earn/unlock, you are just reverting it back to a blank without needing to reset it.

Edited by toxicitzi
A bit of clarification on the suggestion