Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beautiful game, let NEW players experience

callmedrunk

Bunch of friends convinced me to download Warframe. Played it back on Launch on PS4, didn't enjoy it cause I was overwhelmed with the grind. Played some other games and waited for Destiny. Downloaded again for Plains of Eidolon. Because of the failure of Destiny 2 a lot of friends gathered attraction to the "BETTER DESTINY2". With the Twitch prime I got Soma Prime which was great. Used the Promo codes and got the Vectis for free as well. After feeling the MK1-Braton, Soma Prime, and then Vectis I felt the diversity of weapons. I decided to get Nidus with the little bit of plat leftover from a 50% off coupon, and found the "Deathknight" of Warframe which allowed me to solo a lot of content easily. My friends, stuck with Excal, Volt, Mag, who didn't get Soma Prime or any of the sort, quickly fell off. They got to MR2-4 and didn't get to play or experience with the different weapons. They barely got to scratch the surface. With the weak and somewhat squishy frames, they quickly would get wrecked and just didn't feel that "POWERFUL". As such, seems like they are sitting at the bottom of a mountain that they just don't have the effort to climb.

What I feel this game is missing is a proper introduction to weapons and frames. There is mostly 4 parts to every Prime weapon, and for each Frame theres mostly 4 parts as well. I feel the Blueprint for the frame/weapon should allow the user to use the Weapon up until Rank 10 or so. As you want to level the weapon further, you need to get the Barrel/Receiver/Stock which each grant 5-10 Rank up capabilities. Once all 3 extras collected, you can reach Rank 30 which then stays the same (counts for MR and then can Forma). Having a few more frames available as "Tester" frames for 10 Ranks or so allows the user to discover something they want to further grind, and gives them a reason to keep playing. I truly believe there is a great playstyle available in this game for almost ANY gamer, but most only scratch the surface and quit because of the "mountain" to climb to MAYBE find something they enjoy. One thing could maybe be, finish a Planet and get a Warframe Blueprint (pick and choose). This will allow the user to get some of these blueprints easily. The rest of course still gated behind Quests.

How does DE benefit? Well these frames and such can still Count as Frame Slots, and the Weapons towards weapon slots. It helps enforce the usage/purchase of Slots with Platinum, which early game almost certainly has to be bought/paid for. Of course their friends who have experience, have progressed have great/easy ways to get plat, and the players will want to grind to that point, but to get there they may not want to "let go" of some of the frames they've partially invested into for a few Ranks and as a result, buy Plat to get slots. Also, the frames they tested maybe they want to experience Max rank right away? What will they do? Purchase it now rather than grind for the last 3 parts.

Just my 2 cents, I've had about 9/10 of my friends (4 of which IRL friends who I actively play PUBG, Destiny/2, Fortnite and such with), all quit the game. Let them try my account with a few items and OP frames, and LOVE IT. Two of them are actively coming back by logging in daily, but it's not that great when they can re-test/play the guns with their own account.

Lets not make warframe more complicated than needed.

Your suggestion is good but its a bit too much. How about introducing a demo weapons and frames buyable from the market for only credits?

It would have the exact same stats as the normal with the difference that it does not give mastery rank and only has 2 mod slots.

If you ever decide you need this weapon with full potential you can go and buy the actual weapon for plat or buy a discounted bp to build it.

14 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Lets not make warframe more complicated than needed.

Your suggestion is good but its a bit too much. How about introducing a demo weapons and frames buyable from the market for only credits?

It would have the exact same stats as the normal with the difference that it does not give mastery rank and only has 2 mod slots.

If you ever decide you need this weapon with full potential you can go and buy the actual weapon for plat or buy a discounted bp to build it.

or this

1. It wouldn't make sense to use a gun with just the barrel, pretty standard thing :/

2.Yes, it is true that its hard to get into the game, but that is what makes it so rewarding the moment you do get to the good parts. Wouldn't make sense to be able to use, per say, a prime frame at MR 2. I didn't get one till MR 7, but it sure as heck felt like a crazy step up. This is what makes the game feel so good, when compared to being able to open a lootbox and immediately get ultra rare gear that could carry you to the end of the game.

Edited by (PS4)XxDenyer143xX

The mk1 varient of all the posiable starter wepeons are already the solve for this. They provide enough mr to get to roughly mr 3 which starts the grind towards syndicates and quests truly. Not only are these weps pre built there also purchaseable with credits. 

Why not simply let players try weapons and warframes in the simulacrum when they're browsing them in the market. Like.. load simulacrum with target dummies from the market screen in the orbiter then let you equip whatever you like to try. 

Would be simple and let people pick their own goals to work for