Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not make every Warframe non-specific gender.

Slayertera

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really hope that there's going to be the option to pick gender either in the beginning of the game and have it perminant, or be able to pick different gender warframes at will (effectively allowing you to gender swap on demand). The latter gives more freedom, former makes more sense.

Do et.

This should bring out more customisation. The option to switch between male/female is a good one.

It could also artificially increase the playtime if you can only choose a male or female when you craft/buy it. This essentially doubles the number of warframes. However, this will not add actual depth and should not be implemented. (NOTE: I believe OP is not asking for this)

Anyway, you got my support OP.

I like this idea.

Not all guys like playing as females.

Not all ladies like playing as males.

Not everyone not like cross-dressing in a video game.

It shouldn't be hard to implement either since it is just adding in skins and an option to change them.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Me too but we will probably be the only two.

Actually, there are more players that would want to play a female Rhino than you think, and that includes myself. I agree with DE giving us the choice of what gender we want our Warframes to be.

I hope DE sees all of the threads and posts by all the players that want this and really consider doing this. And yes, I'm well aware that it will take time to make this happen, but until it >does< it might be conducive to the cause to remind them every once in a while that this is something we want.

I'm all for this. The game lacks customization, and I think this would be an excellent addition. The only thing I will say though, is if its added, don't make it a skin you have to purchase or craft or something stupid like that. Its really an option that should have existed in the first place.

Would it be to have different versions of each frame? So differently appearances that stem from the same root, with interchangeable skills (as they do plan on adding new skills) but differing starting set ups. So you could have that male ember concept and the female we have now. Say the male was called blaze and the female ember. The female ember starts off as she does now with a more offensive approach, whereas blaze could start off with new utility based fire skills. The skills could be interchanged but only between blaze and and ember. Could give the community the option to play as different gendered framds and be a good way of introducing new abilities?

I don't mind for the differences other than just having the same char but the other gender. I for one hate having no option of playing a female tank, much like in many other mmos. I would definitely try a female rhino or frost.

But if they do add it it depends on how. If they make it pay to swap then I probably won't end up playing those chars and won't bother with the swap system. I'd be happy to pay a fee of 50k credits or something like that but not platinum.

I don't mind for the differences other than just having the same char but the other gender. I for one hate having no option of playing a female tank, much like in many other mmos. I would definitely try a female rhino or frost.

But if they do add it it depends on how. If they make it pay to swap then I probably won't end up playing those chars and won't bother with the swap system. I'd be happy to pay a fee of 50k credits or something like that but not platinum.

Yeah I'm against platinum for a gender swap. That feels cheap, despite how much effort will probably have to be taken creating alternate models for all frames, I feel that this is an option that DE should be applying simply because we're in 2013. 

But damn I want that female Frost so bad ^_^

In the last stream, they mentioned that they MIGHT add them, and they did have concept art of some of the warframes as a different Gender, such as Ash:

1DntmSC.jpg

And that female ash. 

• 2 weeks later...