Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choose your own level nodes

HeroOfTheWarframe

The Problem is that Warframe has no difficult content for veteran players. I know a lot of people who can do sorties and kuva floods without having any difficulties and this is the hardest content the game has to offer at the moment. Some of them are searching the challenge in endless runs, but those can take 3h+ easily and the first 2h of this are not even challenging. My Idea to fix this problem is to introduce a planet where u can choose your own difficulty. As higher the level of the enemy the higher the reward you earn. This would provide challenge for everyone who would have access to the planet.

How it would work:

As tileset the orokin derelict with corrupted enemies would be possible, because the corrupted are probably the hardest enemies.

The "planet" would be unlocked after finishing the main story line. It could even just add nodes to the orokin derelict or make that the nodes there have multiple options like a nightmare/kuva/... node

Starting a mission will cost a key like the normal derelict but the keys are acquired in the kuva fortress (because the kuva fortress needs a reason why you should play it or just add kuva in the KUVA fortress). The key for the defense mission will drop in the defense mission of the kuva fortress and so on. Around one key will drop per minute so the are easy to obtain. How this could fit in the lore: The Kuva fortress flew around the system for a long time and collected not only kuva. It collected data too and this data is the key to find the old orokin derelicts.

When u play the node the first time u can only play at level 50. Whenever u beat a node u can play it at a higher level. This formula calculates what will be your new max level to choose enemies: (Level of the mission you beat) * [1+(Mastery Rank) /100] = (New max Level) . Now here comes a problem what is with "new" players can u just give them a taxi to level 1000 enemies or do they need to beat everything from the beginning. I am personal against throwing players in content to carry them through because this ruines their game experience but let me know what u think of this.

And now the really difficult part the rewards:

First of all u need to split in solo and group because if u beat a mission at level 1000 alone you should get more rewards than doing it in a group.

As reward there could be kuva, endo, relics, credits (a lot of credits NOT 5k), lenses, 3h booster, forma and in rare cases something to control your next riven reroll like: changes only one stat, add/remove curse, add/remove a stat, or change value of a stat. At the end of the mission lotus says: we found a loot of treasure but we can't pick it all up u have to decide what u will pick up. And then there are a few things to choose between like: 2k kuva or 800 endo or 2 relics of this or 1 relics of this and 1 of this. This would be just like in fissures.

But how much do u get per mission and how does it scale up? It is important that there is no cap so if u do a lvl 10000 node you should be way better rewards than doing a 1000 mission but giving 10 times the resources is way to much. I would like to see a logarithmic scaling in loot. So if u do a level 100 node u get 100% of the loot if u do a level 1000 u get 200-300% of the loot and doing a level 10000 will give 400-600% of the loot. This multiplier is added for the chance of rare stuff like forma to appear at the end when choosing a reward, not in the quantity of those rare stuff. The 100% values could be : 1k kuva, 400 endo, 1 relic, 20k credits. But what is with the solo players? I never played solo high level so I don’t know how hard it is so I can't balance it would be nice if someone of you could write something to this.

Now let’s look at the different missions they may need a few changes so player can't abuse mechanics to do infinite high missions:

-Survival

extraction only available after 20 min because otherwise you would go invisible and destroy chests to get live support. But then u need a new formula for unlocking new max levels because it would take too long to get access to high level, maybe something like this: (Level of the mission you beat) * [1+(Mastery Rank) /25] = (New max Level)

-Exterminate

you need to do it within 10 or 15 min, because limbo, invisible,...

-Lephantis

just remove him

-Sabotage

needs to be adjusted but I don't know how

Endless runs should be possible to with very slowly increasing level and you can choose the reward after every rotation.

Thank you for taking the time to read through everything I hope you like it and if you want to change or add something say it. I am open to criticism.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr:

My only problem is that higher level doesn't mean more challenging. Bring a sleep equinox or a fatal teleport ash with a covert lethality dagger and it won't matter if the enemy is level 500, or 7000, the enemy will one shot you, and you will one shot them.

There u are right this mod must be nerved or banned in these missions

I have to laugh sorry and agree with ultimategamerjr, people will always find a way to cheese such sadly, higher level not means more challagne, what i rather instead would like is actuall boss mechanics, challenging rooms, puzzle ones like the lua ones, jsuto nyl changing in variety so you not just learn it blindly, bosses that can adept to you and not just damage wise like the Sentinents or Shadow Stalker, but think things like Batman Arkham Citys Mr Freeze fight, something that has you to adept in playstyle and not just switch out a weapon or warframe.

I don't mind the miss of the challengbe because it is a hordeshooter game. If the game could be more challenging then it turns into the dark souls then we won't shot hordes of enemies instead one or two enemy per instance which would overkill the game. The only challenge which was not implemented and died in the butchering table was the weakspots system. They didn't added it because they realised how painful and annoying could be in higher levels. Currently in medium levels when eximuses appear and all units in game have had weakspots then you would not complete any game at all with your limited life because you need to shot the weakspots then watch your other enemies and avoid their fire. 

The boss fights are partly correct but in a certain level peoples can cheese them. The only solution is mostly here the high armor and high hp number to keep the fight longer and "make challenging" in virtually. The other mechanics are not really fit to this game and the AI could be more tactful or smarter but that also mean less unit on map. Personally I would like the better ai version because that could mean they won't run toward to you without brains and they use more covers and if got damage then hide. More tactical formations, more tactical maneuvres and trying to go into your back while you try to focus on a line. This seems the only challenge factor and the puzzles but the other mechanics like weakspots, better melee-firearm duels, environmental hazards are not really fit to warframe or make it unnecessary hard.

It depends on the devs anyway what game they wish to make, horde shooter or skill based game for hardcores. The answer is I guess casual hordeshooter for reason.

1 hour ago, HeroOfTheWarframe said:

Your ideas are dangerous and ... not very smart (to not be offensive or vulgar). Please stay away from our things, thx.

I agree on the idea but the executuon is imo too clunky. 

What i personally would do would be to add a single node to each planet labeled warzone or whatever. That node gives you access to survival, defence, excavation and interception. Each mission would be tiered like the Sorties, so 1st tier starts at lv 50, 2nd at level 75 and 3rd at lv 100.

There, done. No need to replace derelict or go into unnecessary lenght to devise formulas. It would also allow to run them in public which is a boon, since in my experience premade teams for endurance tend to make for very boring games. 

Il y a 2 heures, HeroOfTheWarframe a dit :

You don't get it.

Higher level enemies doesn't mean more challenge, it just means "less gears we can actually use".

You don't increase the challenge, but you reduce the gears players can use, everything that isn't optimal won't be used and frames that can't CC everything or survive everything won't be used.

That is not how you introduce challenge