The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The shop update

Fallen_Echo

I know what you think about another ah post, spewing gibberish where both side of pro and contra fighting in raging flames none of them budging towards a common goal, to fix the trade chats problems.

Well this suggestion is not about an auction house. My plan is to create a shop system inside the trade chat and on the relays to fix the common problems such as:

1. The chat looks like mess
  2. People are toxic as the sewage plants on grineer maps
  3. General problems of trading
  4. Time investement doesnt pay off

To fix these i planned up a linkable shop system along with general fixes to the trade chat.

The whole thing starts with a small quest at Maroo where she claims she plans to fix up the broken trade boards on her relay but she needs materials for this.

The base quest makes you fetch corpus electronics from cameras, grinner alloys from crates and orokin defense turret energy cores. A simple fetch quest nothing extra, the important part is that this makes it feel like you are progressing towards some actual goal and not just "BOOM! Now everything is better." Not RNG!!! This is a simple counter quest where you have to destroy/scan X amount of the named targets.

Here are the main features of the system:

- Maroo's bazaar will get an update where you can obtain the first level of the trade board license for helping her fix up the trade boards on her relay.

- The first level license grants access to a market board there where you can browse active offers, send direct inbox messages, invite for trade and obviously set up a shop. This level uses more credit tax as it hosted by maroo. You can create 3 listing and all will be inside a shop link named Maroo's Bazaar.

-The trade boards dont show prices and such until the person browsing them clicks on the actual shop and enters it. This level only grants access to online trading.

- The second level is buyable from syndicates on relays for reputation and increases the rights you have on the trade board.

-The second level grants access to the market board on all relays, your rights now let you use half of your total trade points (or whatever it is called) to create listings, name your shop, sell items for reputation points (1/1 common, 1/1.5 uncommon, 1/2 rare) to syndicates, color your shop to any color you currently own and to change the shops base icon to any unlocked profile icon you have.

-You can search now on a trade board for items you need IF the seller is online. Shops with offline users are excluded, prices are only visible if you enter a shop.

-The third level is buyable either from Baro or Darvo. Depending on the choice you get slightly different rights. Baro sells his license for ducats while darvo will requests weapons.

-Getting the third level grants these rights:

1. You can now link in [my shop] in the trade chat, clicking on it creates a tab where you can see the users current listings, prices and message the user
  2. Every user in the trade chat is now visually differented by making the chat using different colors for each post, admin/mod posts are getting a big [ADMIN] line on both ends of their posts to help confusion, clicking on this creates a message claiming that this message was posted by admin/mod X and the forwards you to their profile
  3. You can trade directly with the listing interface if the creator of it is online OR you can send them direct counter-offers throught it, direct trading costs more credits. Direct trade only requies the seller to check the offer and accept it or decline it and send a message why it was not good enough.
  4. Filtering for the [my shop] command makes the trade chat cut down the messages to only show users with active shops and only show the shops name
  5. From the market or from syndicates you can buy a trade board display where you can either browse the shops or switch a tab and look at the current messages on the trade chat as a secondary chat window.

Baro bonus:

1. Every day if you traded a prime item you get 1 ducat
  2. Adds a search system what shows you who sells the prime item you are looking for in all currently online shops, prices are still only visible if you enter a shop

Darvo bonus:

1. Darvo sends a message to your shop on what is his todays deal and creates a random daily deal where you can buy low amount of resources for credits
  2. Adds a search system what lets you search for rivens and mods of your liking. Shows all shops what currently have an active listing with that riven including offline ones.

-Only one license of the third variant is obtainable from either darvo or baro, to get the bonuses of the other type of license the player can buy it from the market for plat.

-Both final license variants have the ability to send a direct trade offer to the seller what they can accept when they get back online but this only works on the special search items. Rivens and primes only.

This update brings a progression into the trading and fixes some annoyances with the basic chat while also makes selling items easier.

Edited by Fallen_Echo

12 hours ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

So basically Warframe Market but in-game with a fetch quest purely taken from D2. Gotcha. 

Im gonna risk to sound stupid what which game/program is D2?

Fetch quest are pretty common in every rpg game, so i thought why no add it here as a base.

Also the difference with this and wf market is that you cant search with prices, you can only see a bunch of shop names and browse them till you find what you want. This is specifically this way to make the anti-ah people unable to pull the "market manipulator" cards.

12 hours ago, Cyberghost135 said:

Something like that sounds dumb, but it just might work if you don't like spamming in game all the time.

Well this is the fastest way to sell stuff, you put on your things go do some missions, go back to liset and check if anybody made a worthy offer. Accept it, rinse and repeat. Much better than spamming and also the license adds soma fixes to the trade chat too like the ability to have it in a secondary window and different color for each messages to make it more readable.

5 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Im gonna risk to sound stupid what which game/program is D2?

Fetch quest are pretty common in every rpg game, so i thought why no add it here as a base.

Also the difference with this and wf market is that you cant search with prices, you can only see a bunch of shop names and browse them till you find what you want. This is specifically this way to make the anti-ah people unable to pull the "market manipulator" cards.

Well this is the fastest way to sell stuff, you put on your things go do some missions, go back to liset and check if anybody made a worthy offer. Accept it, rinse and repeat. Much better than spamming and also the license adds soma fixes to the trade chat too like the ability to have it in a secondary window and different color for each messages to make it more readable.

D2 is destiny 2 if I'm correct.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Ah, thank you. Now i only need to get destiny 2 to see how similar is my suggestion to that games trading.

I didn't mean D2 as in D2 has trading, cause it does not other than between your 3 characters. D2 has a lot of mission/quests that progress through rng-drops of key items. I'd rather not have something like that in Warframe where the rng has already made Nitain, Prime Farming and Rivens abysmally boring to deal with. I'd rather have a linear quest progression similar to all the other quests in WF to unlock a market-posting board in Maroo rather than have to try to kill bursas or turrets for rng drops. 

I like the overall idea, but if you want the rng to stay, I'd throw it into a foundry-crafted blueprint that you obtain upon completing the side-quest.

2 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

I didn't mean D2 as in D2 has trading, cause it does not other than between your 3 characters. D2 has a lot of mission/quests that progress through rng-drops of key items. I'd rather not have something like that in Warframe where the rng has already made Nitain, Prime Farming and Rivens abysmally boring to deal with. I'd rather have a linear quest progression similar to all the other quests in WF to unlock a market-posting board in Maroo rather than have to try to kill bursas or turrets for rng drops. 

I like the overall idea, but if you want the rng to stay, I'd throw it into a foundry-crafted blueprint that you obtain upon completing the side-quest.

Not a single idea here is based on rng.

In fact the starter quest in my opinion should only ask you to shot down/scan 25 cameras, break or scan 50 grineer containers and scan/break 25 orokin turrets knowing DE and how they handle grinding this is the best case sceniario what simply gives you a trade card aka "license".

After that its just basic grinding for syndicate repu (any sindicate is good) then weapon( any weapon under mr6)/ducat grind and voila, the system has been upgraded to full potential.

21 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

to fix the trade chats problems

"Problems" like the best game economy of any f2p game.  "Problems" like you wanting plat with as little effort as possible while somehow still discouraging the botters who want the same thing.  "Problems" like you not wanting to socialize while somehow still discouraging the botters who want the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Not a single idea here is based on rng.

In fact the starter quest in my opinion should only ask you to shot down/scan 25 cameras, break or scan 50 grineer containers and scan/break 25 orokin turrets knowing DE and how they handle grinding this is the best case sceniario what simply gives you a trade card aka "license".

After that its just basic grinding for syndicate repu (any sindicate is good) then weapon( any weapon under mr6)/ducat grind and voila, the system has been upgraded to full potential.

Ah, gotcha. When you put 'fetch' in the text explaining how the quest would work, the majority of people would assume it becomes a rng fetch quest due to how enemy-drops work in this game. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Odd, nitain farming isn't RNG, iirc the alerts are on a six hour timer.

So unless you want to count Nitain from Rare Caches which I believe is possible via Orokin ones. 

Those are just timer based.

@DarkFlameZealot

Well no S#&$ sherlock. I'm talking about farming it other than alerts with the .002% drops from caches.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

I think the majority of people are un-aware of that and stick to the alerts.

Well, if forums let you slap your hours and mastery rank onto your profile when you post then it would be easier to know when to not tell people things they already know xD

But yeah, most people either don't know or don't care to deal with the terrible rng. Just another failure of DE's.

2 hours ago, PatternistSlave said:

"Problems" like the best game economy of any f2p game.  "Problems" like you wanting plat with as little effort as possible while somehow still discouraging the botters who want the same thing.  "Problems" like you not wanting to socialize while somehow still discouraging the botters who want the same thing.

Botters are actively exploiting the system and commit a banable offense.

Whenever you dont want to see the problems or you are "fine" with them, that doesnt make them nonexistant.

But since you are soo adamant on how good the trade chat is go and find a forum post here or on reddit where they praise it.

Unless you havent noticed this update adds you mainly an online search function what DOES NOT shows prices soo it wont really affect the economy and unless you are hunting riven you gonna communicate with ONLINE people and even in the case of an offline shop you need to send an offer preferably with a message to the seller so you are still communicating. This is not a put on and forgot system the seller has to accept your offer before you get your item.

2 hours ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Ah, gotcha. When you put 'fetch' in the text explaining how the quest would work, the majority of people would assume it becomes a rng fetch quest due to how enemy-drops work in this game. 

Yeah, i think im gonna edit it as i thinked of the old school "go there, pick up X, bring it back" type of quests.