Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Range Stat Visibility Based on Stance Mods

Voltage

As we know, players have been asking for a Range statistic on melee weapons. It cannot be done that easy due to the nature of melee ranges. They are a variable number that can change based on the attack performed, or any combo moves done. I feel that we could display ranges for melee as well as keep it separate to reduce clutter within the statistics of weapons. I am proposing melee weapons be given a base range based on Quick Melee, and the description of stances to change from "COMBOS" to "COMBOS + INFO". Below are the changes I described above on my Machete Wraith for an example. The values shown are made up and should not be taken as fact, just a visual of my idea.

Modding Screen:
cee7b2db01fee0c46fe4ef5252fbb187.jpg

Stance Mod Screen:

68e76a1611682619381b234de379ccc1.png

Within the Stance page, there could easily be a column to show each move and the associated range when performing the combo. I also believe that Slide Attacks and Charge Attacks (Glaives and Zenistar included) be added with their range. When using (Primed) Reach, Riven Mods, or Spring-Loaded Blade, players could be shown how it affects their attacks. It would be similar to adding power duration to Nova Prime and then checking the "Abilities" tab to see the results of your modding preference. I believe Range is one of the most important stats on melee, and requiring us to test with way-points and estimate our range is quite annoying, especially for the Min-Maxers out there who would like a precise number. Range needs to be visible, but in a manner that works and is not cluttering the mod screen.

Any constructive feedback to improve my idea are welcome.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

As we know, players have been asking for a Range statistic on melee weapons. It cannot be done that easy due to the nature of melee ranges. They are a variable number that can change based on the attack performed, or any combo moves done. I feel that we could display ranges for melee as well as keep it separate to reduce clutter within the statistics of weapons. I am proposing melee weapons be given a base range based on Quick Melee, and the description of stances to change from "COMBOS" to "COMBOS + INFO". Below are the changes I described above on my Machete Wraith for an example. The values shown are made up and should not be taken as fact, just a visual of my idea.

Modding Screen:
cee7b2db01fee0c46fe4ef5252fbb187.jpg

Stance Mod Screen:

68e76a1611682619381b234de379ccc1.png

Within the Stance page, there could easily be a column to show each move and the associated range when performing the combo. I also believe that Slide Attacks and Charge Attacks (Glaives and Zenistar included) be added with their range. When using (Primed) Reach, Riven Mods, or Spring-Loaded Blade, players could be shown how it affects their attacks. It would be similar to adding power duration to Nova Prime and then checking the "Abilities" tab to see the results of your modding preference. I believe Range is one of the most important stats on melee, and requiring us to test with way-points and estimate our range is quite annoying, especially for the Min-Maxers out there. Range needs to be visible, but in a manner that works and is not cluttering the mod screen.

Any constructive feedback to improve my idea are welcome.

That's probably the best way to do it TBH. You got my +1.

It's a good idea, but ranges of attacks within a single combo can vary by quite a lot. Anyone who is familiar with whips will know that the third attack of Guided Claw is far longer than the previous two.

Currently when you view combos on a stance, all the information provided easily fits within a quarter of the screen. That's so much wasted space. It could easily be spread out more to give detailed descriptions of each attack within a combo, listing off its range modifier, damage modifier, any forced procs it may have. The wiki already has the latter two, but it would be very helpful, especially to newer players who haven't discovered the usefulness of the wiki, to have all this information within the game