Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sibear

Lt_Hobo

Let's talk about the Sibear, the Ice Hammer that I swear nobody knows exists. 

The Sibear is a MR6 hammer weapon with an average attack speed, good crit chance, a charge attack that increases status chance by 50%, and pure 130 cold damage. Sounds like a decent weapon, not god tier like Fragor Prime or the Arca Titron but definitely usable with the right build. 

But it takes 30K cryotic to craft.

This is by far one of the easiest candidates for the number one weapon in the game that DE just doesn't want anyone to use. That cryo cost alone makes it the hardest to craft weapon in the game. I know that everyone here knows the insane quantity cryo that is but for arguments sake I'm going to explain it anyways. Every second an excavator is working during an excavation mission you gain one cryotic. A full excavator will give you 100 cryotic. That makes 1K cryotic 10 excavators, 10K cryotic 100 excavators, and 30K cryotic 300 excavators. Even with a resource booster this weapon will require you to fully complete 150 excavators in order to craft it. 

That's sounds like a lot, but a single excavator only lasts 1 minute and 40 seconds. That's rather fast right? For 300 extractors to completely run through to get the cryo to craft the Sibear, it will take about 11 hours and 40 minutes. With a resource booster that's about 5 hours and 20 minutes. 

The only other weapon in the game that takes that much grinding to get, aside from rng if you have god awful luck, would be the Hema. Which is arguably better because the hard part about crafting it is the research for it, and with a active clan it might still be faster.  

I cannot even fathom who in their right mind would think this would be an okay crafting recipe, but it's quite obviously not. I don't have the stats for the least used weapon in the game, but if I did it would not be hard to imagine this one being somewhere at the top. It looks like a pretty good weapon, looks nice, interesting ability with the status increasing charge attack, not terrible stats, but all that doesn't matter when you factor in that god forsaken cryotic requirement. 

It should be changed it to 10K, it would still be horrible but it would be plausible to farm for.

(EDIT) I forgot to mention that it also takes 50K alloy plate, which is the second most allow plate needed for anything in the game. However alloy plate is also less difficult to get so it's less of an issue. Thought it was worth adding though.

Edited by Lt_Hobo

12 minutes ago, Lt_Hobo said:

This is by far one of the easiest candidates for the number one weapon in the game that DE just doesn't want anyone to use.

1 minute ago, wolf96781 said:

Lol, wut?

Thing only has a 15% crit chance, 2x mult, 10% status, and an attack speed of 1, thing sucks.

You're completely ignoring the rest of that sentence.

Maybe if you ran excavations often for the new relics when farming primed gear, cryotic wouldn't be a problem.
Surely you aren't in any rush to get the weapon with its 'bad stats'? Save it for last after you've taken your time getting the resources.

Then when you do get it, put blast damage/ status on it, enjoy charge attacks that launch enemies into orbit.
Because the Sonicor doesn't do that anymore...

Edited by INight00

It literally has no redeeming qualities. You even admit, in the rest of that sentence, that it's one of the most difficult weapons to make in game

My sentence was stating that it's the number 1 weapon in the game that DE does not want you to get, not that it was a candidate for being one of the top weapons in the game. I was trying to say that it's so stupidly hard to get that it's almost like DE just doesn't want anyone to get it. I started the topic saying that it was a decent weapon and in no way out performing any other weapon. 

2 minutes ago, Lt_Hobo said:

My sentence was stating that it's the number 1 weapon in the game that DE does not want you to get, not that it was a candidate for being one of the top weapons in the game. I was trying to say that it's so stupidly hard to get that it's almost like DE just doesn't want anyone to get it. I started the topic saying that it was a decent weapon and in no way out performing any other weapon. 

So, I went back and looked at that sentence, and you worded it in a very strange way. So yeah, Hema, Detron, Hate, Lato/braton prime, and any vaulted weapons.

10 minutes ago, INight00 said:

Maybe if you ran excavations often for the new relics when farming primed gear, cryotic wouldn't be a problem.
Surely you aren't in any rush to get the weapon with its 'bad stats'? Save it for last after you've taken your time getting the resources.

Then when you do get it, put blast damage/ status on it, enjoy charge attacks that launch enemies into orbit.

Sure you can get cryotic while doing other things, however that doesn't change the amount of time it would take to get the cryotic needed. The main point I was trying to make was that comparatively to nearly every other weapon in the game, the Sibear has a stupidly insane resource requirement.

So, I went back and looked at that sentence, and you worded it in a very strange way. So yeah, Hema, Detron, Hate, Lato/braton prime, and any vaulted weapons.

My bad, English wasn't my best subject in school. Lato Prime isn't a fair example because it's a founders exclusive weapon, and vaulted weapons are't comparable either because they are just unobtainable outside of trading tons of plat until they get unvaulted of course. Other than the Hema, the rest are rng drops which makes them vary from person to person. The Sibear is the hardest weapon to get that takes little to no rng to actually get would have been a better way for me to phrase it.

20 minutes ago, Lt_Hobo said:

Sure you can get cryotic while doing other things, however that doesn't change the amount of time it would take to get the cryotic needed. The main point I was trying to make was that comparatively to nearly every other weapon in the game, the Sibear has a stupidly insane resource requirement.

Comparatively... What of the Javlok?
Needs 5 nitain, takes 24 hours for 4 separate nitain alerts.
Minimum of 24 hours +4 for 5 nitain. But if you miss one, you're waiting longer.

Passively farming, no one is going to do an excavation with the sole goal to get 30k cryotic, That stuff if a by product of farming for relics/ endo, completing missions.
If you're argument is around continuous game-play, then maybe.
Look at the crafting reqs for Vauban.

Edited by INight00

3 minutes ago, INight00 said:

Comparatively... What of the Javlok?
Needs 5 nitain, takes 24 hours for 4 separate nitain alerts.
Minimum of 24 hours +4 for 5 nitain. But if you miss one, you're waiting longer.

Passively farming, no one is going to do an excavation with the sole goal to get 30k cryotic, That stuff if a by product of farming for relics/ endo, completing missions.
If you're argument is around continuous game-play, then maybe.
Look at the crafting reqs for Vauban.

Wraith and vandal weapons in the invasion system too. Took me three months to organically build a snipetron vandal.

12 часов назад, wolf96781 сказал:

It literally has no redeeming qualities

It has.  + 50% (flat) proc chance for 4 seconds on charge attack.   Its charged attacks have tons of force, sending enemies flying in space even if they survive.

And it looks great.  That glowing ice is super sexy.

Riven disposition is also very high. 

Totally worth that cryotic.

3 hours ago, Kainosh said:

It has.  + 50% (flat) proc chance for 4 seconds on charge attack.   Its charged attacks have tons of force, sending enemies flying in space even if they survive.

And it looks great.  That glowing ice is super sexy.

Riven disposition is also very high. 

Totally worth that cryotic.

Jat kittag flings'em better, lesion statues them better, fragor prime does both