The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx absorb

Netzwerkfehler

Can absorb reflect the damage type it absorbed? That would be a huge improvement against grineer and infested. Magnetic is very underwhelming.

Assimilate augment also reduces explosion radius for some reason. Imo that is not needed, the mod description doesn't say that either. The ingame ability tab doesn't show reduced range with the augment. (is it a bug?) Even if it is intended the formula is wrong. It halves the radius and not the area. Currently the explosion area with the augment is 1/8 of the normal area.

The normal explosion range is also a little underwhelming, since it also has massive damage falloff.

It is also not possible to charge assimilate absorb yourself.

jump -> Absorb -> penta -> explode penta -> absorb combo doesn't work as client.

With assimilate, why would you pop your bubble to do damage when there are still things to kill?  Hamsterball Nyx is one of my most played builds and they could take the explosion out for all the good it does.

Unless you're lucky enough to run into a non-shadow stalker and he bubbles at you.  Then it's kind of funny.

No, this is an absurd damage buff to an ability that makes you invulnerable and do a ton of damage.

Assimilate is a Warframe Augment Mod for Nyx that allows her to move and attack while channeling Absorb and prevents friendly fire from being absorbed, at the cost of shrinking Absorb's effective radius by 50%.

This is from the Wiki and it is almost verbatim from the mod card for Assimilate. AFAIK, augments don't alter the stats in the Ability screen. The wording could be cleaned up.

Lets not forget, Absorb costs additional Energy for every 1k damage stored
(while a "proper" scaling nuke like Maim has no such drawback and better range)
so a damage buff of some kind I don't see being out of the question.

Assimilate is pretty great, yeah, but it crippling one of the (IMO) most fun things Nyx can do I don't see being warranted,
an Augment's cost should be the oh so precious Mod slot you're giving up, it also removing functionality I disagree with.
(Why doesn't Atlas get, say, a hold function to boulderize his Augment'd Tectonics? Grr.)

I think Absorb should equally turn all the damage into 33% impact/slash/puncture, similar to her counterpart Excal with his Ults. 

Long time Ago, Nyx was the strongest frame possible, letting you stack Absorb's by having two nyx, that fed each other damage. 

Making absorb magnetic damage was to stop this chain. (Absorb hardly takes in any magnetic damage). 

I think Absorb should be reworked to have a damage cap, similar to Anti-matter drop. After you spend 100 energy total on absorb (either by waiting there, or taking damage) It should have its range increased, but no deal any more damage. The change with Nyx spending energy for every so much damage taken fixes the issue now. 

Well I didn't say more damage. Just different damage. But there is ton's of abilities that deal way more damage than absorb =P

Currently the damage is garbage. I stack 15k damage with penta and have 265% range. 10m away it only deals 1200 damage against lvl 30 grineer. What is this good for?

Edited by Netzwerkfehler

On 1/22/2018 at 5:12 PM, Netzwerkfehler said:

Well I didn't say more damage. Just different damage. But there is ton's of abilities that deal way more damage than absorb =P

Currently the damage is garbage. I stack 15k damage with penta and have 265% range. 10m away it only deals 1200 damage against lvl 30 grineer. What is this good for?

Absorb is magnetic damage. Magnetic damage is terrible, and even more terrible against grineer armor that highly reduces its damage. Absorb is only reaaaally good if you get a large substantial amount, like 100K+ or you are fighting corpus.